So the rest of the AFC East went 0-3 this week

Jetsfan80

I don't see Cro shutting down his side at all. He just hasn't lived up to expectations.

I also expect the Falcons to score on defense at least once.

I really don't think Cro has been soft this season. He is definitely still top tier as far as corners go, imo. He is one of the few players on this roster (outside of d line) that don't worry me. Have you seen him get toasted often this season? 

lol. Yeah. Sad reality of being a fan of a team that has Sanchez and Sanchez 2.0.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is NOT Sanchez 2.0 but even if he sucks we have an early draft pick to look forward to next season.  Whatevs.

You're right. Geno is even more out of control than Mark was, as far as the turnovers. And the "2.0" designation would mean an upgrade of sorts. Calling Sanchez the Original Geno makes no sense either. Quite the conundrum. 

I am not giving up on Geno. I like the upside he has shown. I am just completely sick of watching games that we could win, slip through our fingers because of boneheaded turnovers that weren't even close to being good throws. 

You're right. Geno is even more out of control than Mark was, as far as the turnovers. 

No, he's really not.  Sanchez had a 5-turnover day his rookie year.  He turned it over 80+ times in his 4 years here.  And that was in a run-first offense where also he had more talent around him than Geno has been saddled with.  Sanchez never showed any ability to quit turning the ball over either.  Geno has time to show he can do that.

No, he's really not.  Sanchez had a 5-turnover day his rookie year.  He turned it over 80+ times in his 4 years here.  He never showed any ability to quit turning the ball over either.  Geno has time to show he can do that.

I hope he does just that. But as of right now, he is turning it over at an alarming rate.

You're right. Geno is even more out of control than Mark was, as far as the turnovers. And the "2.0" designation would mean an upgrade of sorts. Calling Sanchez the Original Geno makes no sense either. Quite the conundrum. 

I am not giving up on Geno. I like the upside he has shown. I am just completely sick of watching games that we could win, slip through our fingers because of boneheaded turnovers that weren't even close to being good throws. 

maybe Geno is more like a Sanchez 1.21?

Because we're a below average football team, at best.

And the Falcons aren't?  Why are people enamored with that team?  Their ceiling might be pretty high on offense but their defense is pretty much awful.  They made Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill look like Pro Bowlers.

Gotta feel for Texans fans a little.  They've had everything going for them except the QB position but have nothing to show for it.  Sounds like another team I know....

At least they can finally give up hope that he is their long term solution. But man, I would love a Watt/Cushing combo to root for. 

At least they can finally give up hope that he is their long term solution. But man, I would love a Watt/Cushing combo to root for. 

I'll root for Peyton.  Assuming we don't win the Super Bowl (a more than fair assumption) I want Peyton to get ring # 2 and finally put to bed the idea that he's not the best QB of our generation.

I'll root for Peyton.  Assuming we don't win the Super Bowl (a more than fair assumption) I want Peyton to get ring # 2 and finally put to bed the idea that he's not the best QB of our generation.

Agreed. People say "Best QB today", and they try to tell me Brady over Peyton. Makes me sick.

Are the Falcons the early 90's Cowboys all of a sudden?  Did I stutter?  They have flaws just like we do.  It's why they're 1-3. 

I agree 80 they do have flaws but we do not have the type of offense that can exploit their flaws and keep up with that offense they put on the field. Sure crazy things can happen but head to head they will exploit our weak secondary if we do not put tons of pressure on Matt Ryan. They have the biggest most physical WR's in the league and what still amounts to a great TE ...I see a lot of very quick passes by Ryan to avoid our pass rush and I don't expect them to try and run much . Should be interesting but your right we do have a chance just not a very good one

And the Falcons aren't?  Why are people enamored with that team?  Their ceiling might be pretty high on offense but their defense is pretty much awful.  They made Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill look like Pro Bowlers.

Yes, but Geno Smith isn't either of those guys right now.  And our defense is brutally over-rated at present.  Don't see a situation where we don't lose by 2 scores tonight.

I agree 80 they do have flaws but we do not have the type of offense that can exploit their flaws and keep up with that offense they put on the field. Sure crazy things can happen but head to head they will exploit our weak secondary if we do not put tons of pressure on Matt Ryan. They have the biggest most physical WR's in the league and what still amounts to a great TE ...I see a lot of very quick passes by Ryan to avoid our pass rush and I don't expect them to try and run much . Should be interesting but your right we do have a chance just not a very good one

Meh, the Dolphags and Rams had enough offense to win/keep them in a close game.  The Jets will keep this close if a Mr. Cromartie decides to play Football and not let Jones go mental.

I see a low scoring close game with the Falcons winning because of a Geno turnover late in the game. 

I just don't see the Jets winning in any way tonight.

Atlanta knows their season could very well be on the line tonight. If the Jets can withstand the initial onslaught then they might have shot.

Falcons 24

Jets 13

I think this actually plays in our favor. The current Falcons have a history of coming up small with their backs against the wall. Matt Ryan is a gifted QB but he's got no heart. 

Meh, the Dolphags and Rams had enough offense to win/keep them in a close game.  The Jets will keep this close if a Mr. Cromartie decides to play Football and not let Jones go mental.

I see a low scoring close game with the Falcons winning because of a Geno turnover late in the game. 

Sounds like a closer to accurate prediction than many are throwing out there.  Last time we played the Falcons we lost 10-7.  I don't see it being THAT low scoring (especially since that game was in the Meadowlands late in the season whereas this is in Atlanta's dome) but I think the D can take on Matt Ryan and this banged up offense to give us a chance to win.

Every single offensive skill player on their team is better than every single skill person on our offense.  Every single one bar none. All of them. Even the ones that aren;t that good are that much better than the ones we have.  

Yeah but the offenses don't play against each other. Jets play conservative, Geno has a turnover-free game, the bastards up front on the Jets' D beats Matt Ryan's ass and the Jets win, 13-7.

Yeah but the offenses don't play against each other. Jets play conservative, Geno has a turnover-free game, the bastards up front on the Jets' D beats Matt Ryan's ass and the Jets win, 13-7.

If this happens for the first time ever then we have a winnable game. If not we will be going to bed at halftime with tears in our eyes and feeling of emptiness in our hearts. SOJ

Who stops Gonzo?  He'll be running wild tonite.

Archived