Chrebet, I mean Spadola signs with the Dolphins

stugotz81

Doesn't every rookie have potential coming into the NFL? You couldn't possibly expect a rookie to have a proven track record by week 6 of his rookie career could ya? Didn't think so

Rhetorical questions are best left unanswered to truly make an impact, for future reference.  It was a tongue-in-cheek answer, as I don't completely dislike the guy, but with all the injuries and problems we've had at receiver, he's been given every opportunity to earn some playing time.  Bottom line, when his number got called, he didn't make the play.  It's quite possible he latches on with the dolphins and makes a name for himself, but as an UDFA, the odds are better that he fizzles out.  

Rhetorical questions are best left unanswered to truly make an impact, for future reference.  It was a tongue-in-cheek answer, as I don't completely dislike the guy, but with all the injuries and problems we've had at receiver, he's been given every opportunity to earn some playing time.  Bottom line, when his number got called, he didn't make the play.  It's quite possible he latches on with the dolphins and makes a name for himself, but as an UDFA, the odds are better that he fizzles out.  

couldn't resist

the David Nelson signing showed what the team thinks of Spadola. 

Nelson might be the largest slot receiver ever.  In all honesty, I actually think his role is going to grow significantly; he is extremely bright and possesses good hands, so just the fact that he will know where to be when Geno expects it is going to give him a lot more playing time.  

Nelson might be the largest slot receiver ever.  In all honesty, I actually think his role is going to grow significantly; he is extremely bright and possesses good hands, so just the fact that he will know where to be when Geno expects it is going to give him a lot more playing time.  

He certainly didn't do anything particularly impressive on Monday, but he looked solid enough out there.  Was able to do more in one game than Spadola did in 4 games, whatever that's worth.  At least he was catching what was thrown to him, which is more than what can be said for some other Jets WRs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived