Who the f--- is Marvin Jones?

NJ

Lance Moore had a TD

I know dude ... and what sold me on making that swap was Brees being quoted in a N.O. paper saying how great it was that Moore coming back because he's the best route runner on the squad.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway as The Show had Megatron and his 37 points. 

Andre Ellington saved my ass today.... and JetsRule 128 pathetic lineup. Stephen Hill, Jets D, Colston, Ivory and Green-Ellis.

Stafford had a big game for you too ... I was up against Megatron in both leagues and he hosed me good.

I'll tell you who he is .... he's the scrub I cut from my JN fantasy team this morning  ...... :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide:  :suicide: 

I think he's the illegitimate son of the Marvin Jones (Senior) we drafted in the first round back in 1993. He played for us for 10 years and retired with us. I don't know who his no named son is. Some dude on the Bengals that torched all of our nickel CBs.

he's the guy who just shat all over rex ryan defense

And torched it for four TD's. Great job by Milliner, so great that he has been benched. Why is he benched and Wilson continues to get playing time. He never turns to look for the ball, but I guess at least he can tackle somewhat.

Jones' play just exacerbates the type of talent disparity in the two teams: Jones has been on an absolute tear the last threw weeks and he's only playing on 30% of the offensive snaps and he's not going to be gaining anymore time once the more talented Hawkins comes back from injury. AJ Green helps make that offense go, but having guys like Sinu, Jones and Hawkins at receiver and then Gresham and Eiffert at TE is exactly how you surround a QB. 

And torched it for four TD's. Great job by Milliner, so great that he has been benched. Why is he benched and Wilson continues to get playing time. He never turns to look for the ball, but I guess at least he can tackle somewhat.

when was the last time you saw Wilson turn for a ball ?

Jones' play just exacerbates the type of talent disparity in the two teams: Jones has been on an absolute tear the last threw weeks and he's only playing on 30% of the offensive snaps and he's not going to be gaining anymore time once the more talented Hawkins comes back from injury. AJ Green helps make that offense go, but having guys like Sinu, Jones and Hawkins at receiver and then Gresham and Eiffert at TE is exactly how you surround a QB. 

something the Jets have not done for 14 years lets hope Idzik changes that stupid philosophy

something the Jets have not done for 14 years lets hope Idzik changes that stupid philosophy

Sure hope so. The biggest thing we can all hope for this season is that Geno turns out to be someone you can build around.  If that happens, creating a good offense takes a couple giant steps forward, which can then be augmented by a new WR, TE, scat-back etc.  It's hard to rationalize spending tons of money in FA to build an offense when you don't have a QB; should we finally have one, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this offense take a major leap next year (at least compared to this year).

Sure hope so. The biggest thing we can all hope for this season is that Geno turns out to be someone you can build around.  If that happens, creating a good offense takes a couple giant steps forward, which can then be augmented by a new WR, TE, scat-back etc.  It's hard to rationalize spending tons of money in FA to build an offense when you don't have a QB; should we finally have one, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this offense take a major leap next year (at least compared to this year).

As I said in another thread Idzik will have the extremely hard job of figuring out whether or not Geno is the guy to move forward with. That being said, even if they think Geno is the guy, if the opportunity arises to get a top QB prospect we should jump all over it IMO.

As I said in another thread Idzik will have the extremely hard job of figuring out whether or not Geno is the guy to move forward with. That being said, even if they think Geno is the guy, if the opportunity arises to get a top QB prospect we should jump all over it IMO.

I agree that you obviously don't pass on a top QB prospect until you have one.  However, outside of Bridgewater and maybe, maybe Hundley if people are buying into him, there's no Quarterback who's going to be able to take over an offense day 1 and offer you more than Geno, especially more than 2nd year Geno. People will be complaining about the same things that are happening this year. I think after a solid full season of work our FO will be able to make a comfortable decision on if Geno has enough tools to build around and then move forward surrounding him with talent.  As you said, that still doesn't preclude them from selecting a QB to compete with Geno and Simms, but unless Bridgewater falls, I'm not sure it's something you should be focusing on. 

How much better are we with Andy Dalton right now?

How much better are we with Andy Dalton right now?

Andy Dalton rookie year or current Andy Dalton in his third year?  It's hard to say, I would imagine we'd probably be 5-3, give or take a game. Dalton has always been someone who's heated up and caught fire towards the middle of the season and when he does that he becomes quite accurate and dangerous. It all centers around his offensive line giving him enough time to connect with his play-makers, but I still don't think he's someone who could take our depleted offense and have us at 6-2.  He made some beautiful back-shoulder throws to Jones yesterday, but I'd have a tough time believing that he'd be having the same success throwing to Gates, Nelson, Hill and Cumberland instead of AJ Green, Jones, Sinu, Hawkins, Gresham and Eiffert.  

Archived