Jeff Cumberland out Sunday vs Saints due to concussion

Jetlife33

The Milner pick has me rattled big time. There was good offensive talent around there and Milner looks like a huge bust.

It seems that since the Mangini days, this organization puts no value on offensive playmakers, and from the last draft it would appear Idzik shares that philosophy.

Hence our crap offense since forever.

In the following 23 picks after Milliner, only 9 of them were offensive players. Of those 9 players, 5 were Olineman, 1 QB and then 2 WRs and 1 TE (Hopkins, Patterson and Eiffert). It's safe to assume that a lot of these players weren't valued as highly as Milliner or Richardson.  I get the frustration, I too wanted some offensive skill-players, but Hopkins is the only one seeming to make a big contribution so it's not like we missed out on Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. I don't see how there's any way we go into next season without strongly addressing it via free agency or through the draft. If they do, then I'll be pissed. We just had too many holes to reach for anyone.

Reuland and Sudfeld are the obvious answers.  Presumably Sudfeld is more of a "weapon" but less trustworthy.  I wonder if they will use Bohanon there at all.  He supposedly played some TE at Wake and they seem to like him. 

No shackles!

The players will play with concussions.  The League and NFLPA don't allow them to play until they pass the test.  The reason for that is to they don't get alzheimer's or end up like Seau, Duerson or countless others.  Hell, how long did Al Toon suffer?  Unable to stand light, headaches, unable to move.  I like hitting as much as the next guy, but it's not like traumatic brain injury is something to ignore. 

hey the world needs ditch diggers too.  Nobody is tellin those coal miners to get out of that hole, or the guys on those boats in the middle of alaska to fish in the summer only, or the those lion tamer guys to work with house cats...etc..nobody is going to pay  them for their next contract either if they not on the field.

The Milner pick has me rattled big time. There was good offensive talent around there and Milner looks like a huge bust.

It seems that since the Mangini days, this organization puts no value on offensive playmakers, and from the last draft it would appear Idzik shares that philosophy.

Hence our crap offense since forever.

All rookie corners look like sh*t early.

Cumberland has made too many mistakes lately anyway. It certainly doesn't help that he's out, but his production is replaceable. Cumberland being out doesn't swing the game much IMO. He's better than Reuland, but Reuland will do in a pinch. I have no realistic expectation of Sudfeld doing much, however. The more important question is whether or not Holmes plays, and by early indications it doesn't sound like he will. Not only has our team been devoid of big playmakers on offense for some time now, it seems the goobers we do throw out there can't ever stay healthy.

And was playing really well when healthy. 

Yep, but the Jets never gave him a real shot even though he was obviously better suited to playing FS and had even played it in college.  The guy really developed and played well until injured.

Cumberland has made too many mistakes lately anyway. It certainly doesn't help that he's out, but his production is replaceable. Cumberland being out doesn't swing the game much IMO. He's better than Reuland, but Reuland will do in a pinch. I have no realistic expectation of Sudfeld doing much, however. The more important question is whether or not Holmes plays, and by early indications it doesn't sound like he will. Not only has our team been devoid of big playmakers on offense for some time now, it seems the goobers we do throw out there can't ever stay healthy.

This all the way. Cumberland started off looking better but he's still a JAG-ish player. Not that Reuland is any good, but this might be a lateral situation rather than a downgrade. Depth takes a hit obviously. 

Geno's got this. 

Archived