Bye Week (MERGED)

Jetsfan80

jags !!!!!!!

c'mon denver !!!!!

so far the score is bi-fold door 1, larz 0

I've been in the same mode.  Too bad the Bungals couldn't pull it out -- I was hoping that the Baltimore would lose today and against Chicago, making the Jets game more or less meaningless to them.  Never too early to worry about Wild Card minutia.  

I've been in the same mode.  Too bad the Bungals couldn't pull it out -- I was hoping that the Baltimore would lose today and against Chicago, making the Jets game more or less meaningless to them.  Never too early to worry about Wild Card minutia.  

yup.  the jets loss to tennessee is still a big one, the jags win was as good as a jets win today

Lots of good things helping the Jets today: Tennessee losing, San Diego losing & even Indi and Cinci losing doesn't hurt. As long as the Jets can take care of their own business, which is easier said than done, that 6th seed is definitely possible. Here's hoping Tampa Bay gets that first win on Monday.

With a rookie QB and our talent-depleted team, no games are guaranteed, but the only two games I look at and am actually nervous about are Carolina and Baltimore, in that order. Going 4-3 in the remaining 7 should be good enough for the playoffs, but 5-2 is a distinct possibility as long as we don't give any games away. I fully expect our next loss to have half the board saying we don't deserve or have a shot at the playoffs though, that should be fun. God help us if it comes against Miami.

Lots of good things helping the Jets today: Tennessee losing, San Diego losing & even Indi and Cinci losing doesn't hurt. As long as the Jets can take care of their own business, which is easier said than done, that 6th seed is definitely possible. Here's hoping Tampa Bay gets that first win on Monday.

With a rookie QB and our talent-depleted team, no games are guaranteed, but the only two games I look at and am actually nervous about are Carolina and Baltimore, in that order. Going 4-3 in the remaining 7 should be good enough for the playoffs, but 5-2 is a distinct possibility as long as we don't give any games away. I fully expect our next loss to have half the board saying we don't deserve or have a shot at the playoffs though, that should be fun. God help us if it comes against Miami.

Cinci losing actually does hurt because someone has to win that division and now that lets BAL stay in the wild card hunt.  With us a game back and having lost to CIN, I'd rather they had won today.  Still, we are in pretty good shape all things considered.

Cinci losing actually does hurt because someone has to win that division and now that lets BAL stay in the wild card hunt.  With us a game back and having lost to CIN, I'd rather they had won today.  Still, we are in pretty good shape all things considered.

Yea, that's probably true. just was thinking along the lines of the Bengals lost a couple key defensive players, Dalton has had a few duds lately and with their last 7 games not exactly being a cake-walk, it's possible they could go on a bit of a skid. So long as we beat Baltimore and take care of our own business, the 6th seed should be had. You're probably right though, but with this much season left, I just like everyone in our conference with a better record than us to lose.

EJ Manuel stinks.

we'll get rolled by Baltimore

Buffalo is a mess, Spiller is still dealing with that high ankle sprain, stevie johnson's injury didn't look to promising and Manuel looked like hot garbage.  There's no excuse to lose to them. Not sure if you saw the Baltimore game or not, but Flacco did his best to lost that game, Dalton just tried harder: Flacco has looked awful, rice has been abysmal this year and seemingly their only two consistent players are Torey Smith and Suggs.  I figured it'd be them and carolina that would be our hardest games, but I just am not scared of the Ravens this year. I predict we either win late by a score or we get blown out.  If Ngata is out extended time that'd be great news for our run-game.

You forgot to mention calling for Rex head and how he doesn't deserve an extension.

Buffalo is a mess, Spiller is still dealing with that high ankle sprain, stevie johnson's injury didn't look to promising and Manuel looked like hot garbage.  There's no excuse to lose to them. Not sure if you saw the Baltimore game or not, but Flacco did his best to lost that game, Dalton just tried harder: Flacco has looked awful, rice has been abysmal this year and seemingly their only two consistent players are Torey Smith and Suggs.  I figured it'd be them and carolina that would be our hardest games, but I just am not scared of the Ravens this year. I predict we either win late by a score or we get blown out.  If Ngata is out extended time that'd be great news for our run-game.

Baltimore's defense still scares me.

I feel like we'll have 4+ turnovers if we're forced to drop back 20+ times.

Baltimore's defense still scares me.

I feel like we'll have 4+ turnovers if we're forced to drop back 20+ times.

If Miami doesn't collapse over this bully mess then you have at least 5 games of baltimore, miami twice, cleveland, and carolina where those could be  5 wins, but also could be 5 losses. 

The Jets aren't exactly a great road team, so Baltimore, Miami once, and Carolina will be tough just because of that factor.   And when the other team has a defense, the Jets struggle.    So possible 16-13 games can go both ways.    That's the scary part.    The other scary part is the Jets have looked awful against the Bengals, Steelers & Titans.  And the Ravens, Browns, and Panthers all play that kind of smash mouth football.    

Archived