T0mShane Agenda Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex has yet to coach a game with an NFL quality QB, yet somehow, he's still over .500.

And yet Rex admittedly knows nothing about offense. So how does he get credit for that?

The offsides on 4th and 6 punt today turned the game around. That's on the coaches, not lack of talent.

And yet Rex admittedly knows nothing about offense. So how does he get credit for that?

The offsides on 4th and 6 punt today turned the game around. That's on the coaches, not lack of talent.

The Jets under Rex have never been a mentally disciplined team. Wasted times out, problems substituting, penalties and turnovers.

Okay, one play was on the coaches, rest of the game was on a lack of talent.

Encroachment is on Douzable, unless I somehow missed Thomas or Rex out on the field pushing him over the LOS. The Jets had four penalties for 28 yards today,  it wasn't a systemic problem like it was last game. They've definitely improved on it and that's on coaching. We lost a lot of one-on-one matchups on both sides of the ball and yet blaming our coach for a player jumping the snap is on him, rightttt.

The Jets under Rex have never been a mentally disciplined team. Wasted times out, problems substituting, penalties and turnovers.

They do it all the time. And either 10 or 12 men on the field all the time on defense in goal line situations. That's inexcusable

Encroachment is on Douzable, unless I somehow missed Thomas or Rex out on the field pushing him over the LOS. The Jets had four penalties for 28 yards today, it wasn't a systemic problem like it was last game. They've definitely improved on it and that's on coaching. We lost a lot of one-on-one matchups on both sides of the ball and yet blaming our coach for a player jumping the snap is on him, rightttt.

That was an important play at that time. And only dumb teams coached by dumb coaches do it consistently. And the jets have been consistent when it comes to lack of discipline and dumb penalties. And yes, that's on the coaches

That was an important play at that time. And only dumb teams coached by dumb coaches do it consistently. And the jets have been consistent when it comes to lack of discipline and dumb penalties. And yes, that's on the coaches

Dumb penalties? So the smart penalties are on the players and the dumb ones on the coaches then? Gotcha. The Jets are top 10 in the league on 3rd down conversion defense, so they can't be consistently doing this to the degree you are alluding to. You don't like Rex, that's pretty clear, but there are plenty of things to fault him for without some of these made up ones.

If TomShane does have an agenda count me in, Rex is gutless,..it was obvious at halftime this team needed a spark...yea they made it 20-7 on a botched punt and the only good throw all day by Smith....I remember Parcells benching Odonnel at halftime..( laugh if you want the guy had wayyyyy more of a resume than Smith ) for Glenn Foley to win games and telling the media tom jump in a lake after the game because Foley gave his team the best chance to win that day....Rex is terrified of Rich Cimini so he can't put himself in that position....our head coach mind as well be Cimini or Mehta because their the reason Rex would never pull Smith...what a coward....what's so wrong with telling Smith.." hey kid nits not your day,.I can't watch you turn it over like this take a seat"... Why??!!! Why can't this happen?!!!!!.....

Oh for sure, but there's only so much the coaches can do when the QB is just handing it to the opposing teams like we've been. Aren't we karmically do for a good QB eventually?

Odd how much Geno Smith is progressively developing the same habits as Mark Sanchez. It's as if a coaching mandate has neutered him, as it had Sanchez. It's almost like a defensive-minded head coach with an obvious distaste for offense decreed that his QB should operate in an unnatural ball-control offense that doesn't fit his skill set. It's like he plays for a coach with an unrealistic expectation for his defense.

Simms putting a drive together against the prevent means little.

Agreed Matt,..but I wonder if benching Smith at halftime would wind up benefiting him more than this new age nonsense of " we can't bench him or we'll lose him" nonsense ....it drives me nuts!!....unfortunately its the world we live in now,..not unlike baseball when your sh##%tty closer blows but you keep trotting him out there cuz " he's my closer"

Simms putting a drive together against the prevent means little.

And his throw towards a triple-covered Hill, right into McKelvin's hands make it even worse. I would love Simms to be the second-coming, dude just isn't. Pettine was probably pissed as all hell for getting run up and down the field last game and losing to Rex that he took this game personal and had his guys ready to confuse and beat the sh*t out of our oline and Geno. I'm not sure if a lot of people saw it, but there was some definite communication issues with Cumberland and the guys coming off of injury. 

And once again, Holmes is in the game and we're constantly forcing the ball to him. I don't have a count, but even missing 4 or so games, I wouldn't be surprised if 40% of the interceptions have come to passes intended for him. 

Agreed Matt,..but I wonder if benching Smith at halftime would wind up benefiting him more than this new age nonsense of " we can't bench him or we'll lose him" nonsense ....it drives me nuts!!....unfortunately its the world we live in now,..not unlike baseball when your sh##%tty closer blows but you keep trotting him out there cuz " he's my closer"

I would have been ok with it if they decided to play Simms after halftime. Dont see Buffalo's game plan changing though- they had zero respect for our WR's and manhandled them all game.

Odd how much Geno Smith is progressively developing the same habits as Mark Sanchez. It's as if a coaching mandate has neutered him, as it had Sanchez. It's almost like a defensive-minded head coach with an obvious distaste for offense decreed that his QB should operate in an unnatural ball-control offense that doesn't fit his skill set. It's like he plays for a coach with an unrealistic expectation for his defense.

lulz

the problem early on was looking for to many down the field throws.  do you watch the games ?  if anything the ideal game plan today would have been short quick passes and screens and draws.  there is no conservative mandate here.  

It's pretty infuriating. I understand it's windy and you don't want Geno slinging the ball all over the field, but take some shots down field, at least if it gets picked off it's 50 yards in the opposite direction and not in your own territory. Not to mention you already had a big time completion doing just that. You'd think he'd realize that teams are beating us because they are consistently challenging our man-coverage, why don't we allow our WRs to try to do that, it's what won us the game against them last time. I'd rather see our incompletions 30y ards down field with our WRs fighting for the ball, as opposed to forcing the pass to Holmes every time he's on the field.

It's pretty infuriating. I understand it's windy and you don't want Geno slinging the ball all over the field, but take some shots down field, at least if it gets picked off it's 50 yards in the opposite direction and not in your own territory. Not to mention you already had a big time completion doing just that. You'd think he'd realize that teams are beating us because they are consistently challenging our man-coverage, why don't we allow our WRs to try to do that, it's what won us the game against them last time. I'd rather see our incompletions 30y ards down field with our WRs fighting for the ball, as opposed to forcing the pass to Holmes every time he's on the field.

They were taking shots when they could. The line was dogsh*t today,especially Winters.

Oh for sure, but there's only so much the coaches can do when the QB is just handing it to the opposing teams like we've been. Aren't we karmically do for a good QB eventually?

Meh, there's several teams who haven't been able to find a QB like ever.  Just look at the Browns' history.

They were taking shots when they could. The line was dogsh*t today,especially Winters.

It's possible, it's one of the games where I'm not remembering anything that happened on our offensive side of the ball. I saw Geno throw about five out-routes out of bounds because Hill and Nelson had Gilmore or McKelvin in their jockstrap. The Bills defense played a hell of a game, their offense took a bunch of shots and their STs stuck us with bad field position a handful of times. The game pretty much flipped from our first matchup to now. I believe you brought it up earlier, but we are identical teams: they just happened to win the jump balls and defensive battle today, it happens. Next week is going to be the deciding factor: get our second win on the road (first one against a legitimate team) and you can start marching your way to the playoffs and respectability, but if they lose, I have a feeling things might spiral quickly.

It's possible, it's one of the games where I'm not remembering anything that happened on our offensive side of the ball. I saw Geno throw about five out-routes out of bounds because Hill and Nelson had Gilmore or McKelvin in their jockstrap. The Bills defense played a hell of a game, their offense took a bunch of shots and their STs stuck us with bad field position a handful of times. The game pretty much flipped from our first matchup to now. I believe you brought it up earlier, but we are identical teams: they just happened to win the jump balls and defensive battle today, it happens. Next week is going to be the deciding factor: get our second win on the road (first one against a legitimate team) and you can start marching your way to the playoffs and respectability, but if they lose, I have a feeling things might spiral quickly.

Very tough spot for us next week...I know you know this,..but very tough spot

Imagine being told, "We don't think you can do your job, but whoops we're down 14 so bail us out, and whoops you threw a pick which proves that you suck." That might affect a young player's confidence a little bit.

Very tough spot for us next week...I know you know this,..but very tough spot

Extremely tough and not a good thing to see Ray Rice finally show some life. We're not good enough to expect to win any games, so playing the defending super bowl champions, fighting for their season, in their house, yea, it's gonna be tough. I know there's gonna be a lot of buildup this week of Rex and Reed vs their old team, but this game is going to come down to whether or not our Offense can play consistent football against their defense. I think we'll be able to stop Rice, just like we've stopped everyone else's ground game, but Torey Smith and these guys are all capable of beating their one-on-one matchups and I'm not sure we can score enough points to hang with them. I sure hope I'm wrong about this, but this is not a game I feel good about.

Archived