Jets Should Consider Playing Garrard Over Geno Smith

flgreen

John Elway disagrees about being benched and then being put back in

On what planet are John Elway and Geno Smith comparable in any facet of their games? Come on.

Also, you can go back to Geno, but you'll get what you always got and probably a miserable player as well. He doesn't seem like the type of player that will taking the benching well. Just my opinion.

It'd be so funny if Geno just plays lights out on Sunday with a win over Miami. Even more funny if Ten. loses to Indy , SD loses to to Cincy and the Jets are tied for the last wild card spot with BAL. Come to to think of it, I think all 3 things will happen. Call it wishful thinking.

Seems to me Geno was doing all right for a rookie until the only experienced pass catcher on the team got hurt.

Most NFL teams have several pass catchers.  The Jets had Santonio Holmes as no.1, Hill as an inexperienced-but-we-expect-to-improve no.2, and Kerley as the slot.  Holmes is in and out of the lineup, mostly out.  Hill looked good for 3 games then tanked, and then Kerley, the only real pass catcher on the field, got hurt.  That's when Geno went from inconsistent but promising to terrible.

Stick with Geno.  The kid plays well when he has a professional to throw to.  Even one will help-isn't Kerley coming back?

I have no clue why David is on the roster as he's never been active and he retired before the season started as it is.  I guess he's broke and needs the money, otherwise what's the point?  Does he even do anything in practice? I would assume Simms is doing more as he is the backup on game day every week.     And he's played this season.

As far as benching Geno, it's not about a rule book, it's about the mentality of the QB.  Some players can take it, some can't.  Who knows if Geno will take it with a grain of salt or he will wind up like Vince Young.    You never know so thats why coaches and the GM better know Geno better than his own family.  You bench him now and he might never recover.  No big deal if they just want to cut him anyway, but it is if you wind up 7-9 and still don't have a QB of the future and a slim chance of drafting one next year.

You can't keep trotting out the guy playing the worst of any QB in the NFL with zero accountability. Unless you're Rex Ryan because he's been doing that for 5 years.

I agree with this. If Geno even remained just even in bad in his last 4 performances... but he's getting or at least looking considerably worst every week now for like 4 in a row.

I feel like letting him continue to play will only destroy his confidence more at this point. It doesn't look like he's learning, looks like he's regressing and if learning anything it's bad habits.

Archived