Kubiak fired.

Integrity28

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason for that is that Kubiak finally found a competent DC.

Something Rexy is not able to find on the O side.

You're assuming their DC and our OC are on a level playing field, personnel-wise.

Kubiak's defense also has a of talent to work with.

Marty M has Geno Smith, Stephen Hill, David Nelson, and Brian Winters.

Rex has coached a team of injured receivers and tight ends to being in the playoff hunt up to a week ago.  Like a freaking miracle worker Ape breathe. 

Correction, Rex has coached a team of rookies, and sub-par injured receivers and tight ends to being in the playoff hunt up until a month ago... then his team went on a 3 game skid all but eliminating them from the unlikeliest of playoff runs, being blown out be mediocre and/or inferior teams. 

So the question has to be asked, was Rex's team as good as the record a month ago? No. Look at how we got those wins. 

The question also has to be asked, what has Rex done to try and stop the skid? Nothing. Oh, sorry he swapped Winters for Ducasse, and benched one of the actually healthy receivers. He's done nothing, as usual, to address the fact that a football team needs to score points to win games. 

I don't give a flying **** about the defense, it's not that good. Not good enough to forgo scoring points and winning games.

Get out of my face with this sh*t. :P

The Texans had the fourth rated defense in 2011, and the 10th last year.

When did Rex ever have an offense that was ranked that high?

So, even thought Rex has not given his blessing to multiple years of Schotty, hand-picked Sporano, and been handed Marty Morninwheg... and the results have been the same... it's all the offensive coordinators and quarterbacks. 

Zero accountability for Rex. Just a parade of scapegoats.

This mother****er is like a cat with 9 billion lives. 

So, even thought Rex has not given his blessing to multiple years of Schotty, hand-picked Sporano, and been handed Marty Morninwheg... and the results have been the same... it's all the offensive coordinators and quarterbacks.

Zero accountability for Rex. Just a parade of scapegoats.

This mother****er is like a cat with 9 billion lives.

Putting words in my mouth.

Rex absolutely shares some fault in this. I never said he didn't.

But he also has worked with a front office that has made some terrible personnel decisions. The last two years, the personnel on offense has been pure garbage. And the Holmes and Sanchez contracts have crippled them from making any real improvements.

Houston has drafted well, and made some good moves via free agency. Wade Phillips has done a good job there, but having good players to work with helps tremendously.

We don't have good players to work with on offense.

But he also has worked with a front office that has made some terrible personnel decisions. The last two years, the personnel on offense has been pure garbage. And the Holmes and Sanchez contracts have crippled them from making any real improvements.

Houston has drafted well, and made some good moves via free agency. Wade Phillips has done a good job there, but having good players to work with helps tremendously.

No matter how you slice it, objectively Rex looks bad for the no good players on offense.

Either we have not developed any talent , or we were to focuses on defense. If we focuses more on offense our mediocre defense might be pretty bad.

There really is no objective way Rex comes out looking good based in this no matter how Teflon you want to make hom

I remember when Gary Kubiak had a Darrell Bevell-like buzz around him.

He definitely had the success and credentials, you never know with a guy until

he gets in the job and shows what he can do, he could have won a couple of championships

with a little luck, just like Rex in 09 and 10 - 

My point was an is, coaches get fired for way less that the failures Rex has had the past 3 seasons. So, maybe a 4th and 5th year of excuse-making for him is excessive? Perhaps? I dunno... since a franchise that actually has expectations of winning can fire a coach who has been mostly successful in the past 3 years after ONE down year, you'd think our franchise IF it cared about winning would fire a coach who hasn't been successful at all during those same 3 years.

It's just logic. I don't expect most of you to get it.

Kubiak lost 11 in a row. Rex is 5-7 and guess what probably 6-7 after tomorrow. if he goes 5-11 yes we can have this conversation and I'll probably agree with you. Call it a gut feeling but I don't see the Jets finishing that way. 

I don't love mediocrity but winning at above .500 clip (67% in the playoffs) is rarer than it sounds. 

if Rex can somehow get this team to 8-8 or 9-7 forget firing him he'll be in coach of the year conversations. 

Precisely.

You just proved the case that Rex had them playing over their heads. Well done.

My opinion is hardly proof of anything... that being said, I've been saying ALL SEASON long that Rex had them over-achieving, but he's also got to be held accountable for them laying down and/or not getting out of their own way in the losses.

Also, you're a dimwit if you don't attribute at least 2 of those wins to pure luck.

At least Rex only ruins young QB's.  Kubiak ruined Schaub, a pretty solid (or at least average) veteran QB.

Schaub was a backup turned into a starter.... Kubiak and the weapons around him made him look good for a while, but the limited skill set that made Schaub a backup in the first place seems to have gotten the last laugh.

Kubiak lost 11 in a row. Rex is 5-7 and guess what probably 6-7 after tomorrow. if he goes 5-11 yes we can have this conversation and I'll probably agree with you. Call it a gut feeling but I don't see the Jets finishing that way. 

I don't love mediocrity but winning at above .500 clip (67% in the playoffs) is rarer than it sounds. 

if Rex can somehow get this team to 8-8 or 9-7 forget firing him he'll be in coach of the year conversations. 

As he should be, about a month ago I was all about supporting Rex getting these guys to over-achieve ... as soon as he made me believe, he ran off 3 losses to teams that suck as bad as we do.

So there's that.

Rex INFORMED a lot of those terrible personnel decisions. Again, always the scapegoats... and I'm not putting words in your mouth specifically, I'm lumping you in with the other apologists who can't be objective enough to hold Rex accountable for anything at all. 

You may not deserve being generalized with such dopes, sorry.

Rex INFORMED a lot of those terrible personnel decisions. Again, always the scapegoats... and I'm not putting words in your mouth specifically, I'm lumping you in with the other apologists who can't be objective enough to hold Rex accountable for anything at all.

Is there proof that he influenced the Sanchez extension that made him uncuttable while crippling our salary cap? What about overpaying for Holmes in 2011? I don't he influenced trading for him, but I've never read anything about him demanding Tanny keep him at all costs.

If you can prove that Rex forced Tanny's hand on those decisions, the I'm with you. Otherwise you're just making things up to support your stance against Rex.

Just an FYI that I should have mentioned before T0m derailed the thread, I'm not against Rex being fired. I just think if he is let go, they should replace him with someone better, not just the hot coordinator du jour.

We've already done that several times, and it's blown up in our faces.

Just an FYI that I should have mentioned before T0m derailed the thread, I'm not against Rex being fired. I just think if he is let go, they should replace him with someone better, not just the hot coordinator du jour.

We've already done that several times, and it's blown up in our faces.

Explodes in your face

Sourceworx lives in a cathouse

Jerks dicks with gusto

Do you have a name in mind?

I'm fine with O'Brien or Shaw. I know either of them is unlikely to come here, but ideally they're who I like.

Aside from them, I wouldn't hate Whisenhunt either.

The only coordinator that I like who has never been a HC (as far as I know) is Mike Zimmer. But another defensive coach won't go over well.

Archived