Josh Gordon for ...........

LunAticcalm

Our second round pick?  Is this even realistic anymore?  I really want a true one who has competed in the NFL and he looks like the goods.

If not him then who will replace Holmes next season as our Number 1 wide receiver?

Also where can we find a decent pass catching tight end? Any in the middle rounds of the upcoming draft?

Our second round pick?  Is this even realistic anymore?  I really want a true one who has competed in the NFL and he looks like the goods.

If not him then who will replace Holmes next season as our Number 1 wide receiver?

Also where can we find a decent pass catching tight end? Any in the middle rounds of the upcoming draft?

It wasn't realistic when they were supposedly shopping him, they dangled him, and were looking for someone to pull a Raiders, and give them a kings ransom like a 1st, and a 3rd, and nobody ponied up, I think I do that now if it wasn't for that damn 1 step away from a year ban.

This could be the deepest draft in a long time for playmaking WR's, and TE's the question is for most teams can your scouts separate the garbage wannabe's from the real talent, that is what makes, and breaks your draft. Team A, and B could draft the same positions through the draft, and team A could have 5 studs, and Team B (teams like the Pats) end up cutting half their picks before training camp is over!

Every superstar in the league is available because Jets fans say so!

No he was available at the trading deadline, this is not a out thin air how can we get Calvin Johnson, and he was available for good reason, he is 1 strike away still from a 1 year suspension.

No he was available at the trading deadline, this is not a out thin air how can we get Calvin Johnson, and he was available for good reason, he is 1 strike away still from a 1 year suspension.

ru·mor
ˈro͞omər/
noun

1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
    "they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
    synonyms: gossiphearsaytalktittle-tattlespeculationwordMore

verb

1. 1.
    be circulated as an unverified account.
    "it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

ru·mor

ˈro͞omər/

noun

verb

be circulated as an unverified account.

"it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

I think I'll take Adam Schefters knowledge of the situation over your attempt to be correct by misremembering the month of October!

One of many threads about the Cleveland Browns ACTUALLY fielding calls for offers for Josh Gordon from actual NFL insiders, not some Internet persona called Integrity28 disproving Schefter, and other NFL insiders to have started rumors for a whole month. Now guys like that jack off Icarcerated Bob saying a deal was going down, now that's rumors!

Fact, the Browns shopped Josh Gordon! Opinion, Gordon's price tag got to high for any team to gamble on him!

I think I'll take Adam Schefters knowledge of the situation over your attempt to be correct by misremembering the month of October!

One of many threads about the Cleveland Browns ACTUALLY fielding calls for offers for Josh Gordon from actual NFL insiders, not some Internet persona called Integrity28 disproving Schefter, and other NFL insiders to have started rumors for a whole month. Now guys like that jack off Icarcerated Bob saying a deal was going down, now that's rumors!

Fact, the Browns shopped Josh Gordon! Opinion, Gordon's price tag got to high for any team to gamble on him!

1. Adam Schefter's job is to report on RUMORS.

2. I'm not misremembering anything. What I'm implying is that rumors have more of a purpose than just "PLAYER X is available, ZOMG Jets trade for him!!!!" Gordon lacks discipline, floating rumors serves 2 purposes... it allows a crappy front office to gauge the perceived value of the player league-wide, and it send the message to the player that if he keeps being a dipsh*t he's going to find himself on the outside looking in.

In other words, he was never truly available. Unless we're playing Madden or the league is suddenly filled with GMs that are as big a bunch of naive boobs as Jets fans.

1. Adam Schefter's job is to report on RUMORS.

2. I'm not misremembering anything. What I'm implying is that rumors have more of a purpose than just "PLAYER X is available, ZOMG Jets trade for him!!!!" Gordon lacks discipline, floating rumors serves 2 purposes... it allows a crappy front office to gauge the perceived value of the player league-wide, and it send the message to the player that if he keeps being a dipsh*t he's going to find himself on the outside looking in.

In other words, he was never truly available. Unless we're playing Madden or the league is suddenly filled with GMs that are as big a bunch of naive boobs as Jets fans.

So if team X called Cleveland and offered a 1st round pick, and a conditional pick the following year if Gordon stayed out of trouble say a 3rd in 2015 around the trade deadline your saying the Browns say no, because Gordon was NEVER available they were just sending Gordon a message to straighten up, or we will ship your ass out of the greatest football city in the world with the greatest QB in NFL history Cleveland Ohio! Gimme a break dude, we both know the Browns were begging for someone to offer up that deal to get rid of Gordon at that time, but they were also not stupid enough to get rid of him for nothing.

Idzik should have made the trade when he had the chance to get him before the trading deadline.

Yeah then we could have had Cheech and Chong for starting WR's.

Both would have been suspended for a year within a couple weeks.

Yeah then we could have had Cheech and Chong for starting WR's.

Both would have been suspended for a year within a couple weeks.

Holmes is a goner Gordon could have been the first step in improving this offense for next season. Im sure we will draft another sure thing like Stephen Hill has turned out to be.

Now hell no! But they would have week 6 for the right price!

That was the rumor at the time.  Seems believable enough.  He was coming off a 2-game suspension and, while he was doing very well, wasn't off the charts great numbers-wise.  Pretty amazing considering the constant changing of one bad QB to another.  

Funny thing is it's only wishful that if here he would have had anywhere near the numbers he put up in Cleveland.  Sadly Geno's been worse than their pretty bad trio (duo now) at QB.  Therefore it wouldn't look like the steal we now say it would have been, since he's been setting receiving records even with those two clowns tossing it to him.  Well, we'll never know what would have happened or what Cleveland really would have taken.  Lombardi would never admit it now because it would make him look like a first-class imbecile.

That was the rumor at the time.  Seems believable enough.  He was coming off a 2-game suspension and, while he was doing very well, wasn't off the charts great numbers-wise.  Pretty amazing considering the constant changing of one bad QB to another.  

Funny thing is it's only wishful that if here he would have had anywhere near the numbers he put up in Cleveland.  Sadly Geno's been worse than their pretty bad trio (duo now) at QB.  Therefore it wouldn't look like the steal we now say it would have been, since he's been setting receiving records even with those two clowns tossing it to him.  Well, we'll never know what would have happened or what Cleveland really would have taken.

Geno's been worse because he's been throwing to clowns. He'd be putting up numbers here too. He took a 5 yard slant the distance yesterday against one of the better cover corners in football.

It's clear more than ever this season how much receivers impact the success of a QB.

Geno's been worse because he's been throwing to clowns. He'd be putting up numbers here too. He took a 5 yard slant the distance yesterday against one of the better cover corners in football.

It's clear more than ever this season how much receivers impact the success of a QB.

No doubt he'd be better than he's been.  But I still think he'd be worse than Weeden or Campbell or Hoyer.  

Like Sanchez, there's more to his super-bad play than "nobody's open" stuff that's almost never true anyway.

No doubt he'd be better than he's been.  But I still think he'd be worse than Weeden or Campbell or Hoyer.  

Weeden is really, really bad. Campbell probably should have been signed by us...even though he's  a checkdown king. But having Gordon and Cameron are two excellent targets for any QB good or bad. 

Alshon Jeffrey is putting up fantastic numbers with Mccown. Andre Johnson with Keenum. Geno's been throwing to David Nelson and Hill the past month.

Funny thing is it's only wishful that if here he would have had anywhere near the numbers he put up in Cleveland.  Sadly Geno's been worse than their pretty bad trio (duo now) at QB.  Therefore it wouldn't look like the steal we now say it would have been, since he's been setting receiving records even with those two clowns tossing it to him.  Well, we'll never know what would have happened or what Cleveland really would have taken.  Lombardi would never admit it now because it would make him look like a first-class imbecile.

He's been playing like a No 1 WR all season because thats what he is. I'm sure they asked for a 1 for him and that's the reason he didn't get dealt. 

TBH I still think on the offseason the Browns will listen to offers for him, not saying they will deal him, but because of his off the field issues I don't think he is off the table after thinking about it. Browns have 2 1st round picks this year, I could see Lombardi taking a 3rd this year, and a 1st next year from a team like the Jets (not saying I want to do something like that).

TBH I still think on the offseason the Browns will listen to offers for him, not saying they will deal him, but because of his off the field issues I don't think he is off the table after thinking about it. Browns have 2 1st round picks this year, I could see Lombardi taking a 3rd this year, and a 1st next year from a team like the Jets (not saying I want to do something like that).

This is the best player the expansion Browns have ever had...they'd be insane to trade him.

He's been playing like a No 1 WR all season because thats what he is. I'm sure they asked for a 1 for him and that's the reason he didn't get dealt. 

The rumor (whatever value that has) that I recall is that they wanted a 2 and another player (or another pick but I can't remember exactly).  Thing is he's not only a true #1, he also had the 2nd half of this year plus 2 more years at under $1M/year.  Yes there's that looming 1 year suspension with his next screwup, but that's not any more of a risk (IMO) than hoping the next draft pick will turn into a receiver of his caliber.  

Unlike Santonio Holmes, Gordon doesn't already have a giant pile of signing bonus to rest on and be able to afford to smoke or douchebag the rest his life away.  Holmes was great for us while he was playing for his payday.  He only reverted into his dick self after he got paid.  That would be a legitimate decision to make in 2-3 years with Gordon but in the meantime he'd be a great WR that wouldn't cost anything on the cap (on top of the $40-50M we're going to have anyway).  

There's a difference between trading draft pick(s) away and mortgaging the future in the process, and trading draft pick(s) as part of an investment in the future.  I think Gordon, because he's so young and cheap, would have been the latter.

This is the best player the expansion Browns have ever had...they'd be insane to trade him.

If he was a choir boy I would agree, but the kid is one offseason misstep from missing the entire 2014 season, imagine the genius Lombardi would look like getting a haul like that for him, and the kid did something stupid, and got suspended again? I don't think he gets traded because no other team is willing to risk such a steep price for the kid, not because the Browns wouldn't want to part with him.

Yes I also agree talent wise he is the best player Cleveland has seen in the last 30 years.

So if team X called Cleveland and offered a 1st round pick, and a conditional pick the following year if Gordon stayed out of trouble say a 3rd in 2015 around the trade deadline your saying the Browns say no, because Gordon was NEVER available they were just sending Gordon a message to straighten up, or we will ship your ass out of the greatest football city in the world with the greatest QB in NFL history Cleveland Ohio! Gimme a break dude, we both know the Browns were begging for someone to offer up that deal to get rid of Gordon at that time, but they were also not stupid enough to get rid of him for nothing.

Your scenario is hypothetical.

My scenario, given that Gordon is still a Brownie, is actual.

You give ME a break. Dude.

I don't see it.  Not after the numbers the guy's been putting up.  He doesn't even need a new contract for a couple of years.

Lombardi looks smart for dealing Richardson and keeping Gordon.  He'll just look petty if he deals both because neither was "his" guy.  Plus why would he trade him? For the same reason a team would be willing to deal a 1 for Gordon, he should be willing to keep a 1 instead of dealing Gordon.  Whether it's the Browns or a trade partner, either one is talking about having Gordon or having a 1 (or whatever the compensation is).  Same as the Jets & TB with Revis (except that also included cap room as a huge part of the equation).  He's got a veteran superstar WR making $1M/year for both 2014 and 2015.  

I don't see him getting dealt this offseason.  If he does he will have zero margin for error with any pick he acquires.  That pick MUST be a great player and has to look it right away (like Sheldon R did for us) and it had better not be a guard or a safety or other usually-invisible position.  A playmaker like Gordon also puts asses in the seats because he makes the game exciting to watch.  Again, for the 3rd time, I don't see him dealing Gordon now.  Maybe after another year or two if the price tag is too high to lock him up long-term.

Weeden is really, really bad. Campbell probably should have been signed by us...even though he's  a checkdown king. But having Gordon and Cameron are two excellent targets for any QB good or bad. 

Alshon Jeffrey is putting up fantastic numbers with Mccown. Andre Johnson with Keenum. Geno's been throwing to David Nelson and Hill the past month.

Jeffrey is also putting up fantastic numbers with Brandon Marshall taking two DBs with him everywhere he runs. Not to diminish his play, because I only wish we had him, but putting up numbers as a #2 isn't the same as doing it as the #1.  He could be Reggie Wayne and he could be Peerless Price.

It's also possible Geno would be a bad QB even with those WRs.  He isn't seeing the field and hasn't been really accurate when he's had a clear throwing lane and time.  Those QBs, despite their lowly name-status, have made some awesome throws. Doesn't make them great QBs, but it's weak to diminish the great throws they've made just because the guy on the receiving end is also good.

Jeffrey is also putting up fantastic numbers with Brandon Marshall taking two DBs with him everywhere he runs. Not to diminish his play, because I only wish we had him, but putting up numbers as a #2 isn't the same as doing it as the #1.  He could be Reggie Wayne and he could be Peerless Price.

Jeffrey is legit...obviously having Marshall helps. But the talent was always there with him. He was a first rounder if he had kept in shape. 

Jeffrey would have been a much better pick than Stephen Hill

Agreed

My problem is people blame Stephen Hill for this, blame Tannenbaum, and cut Hill some slack, and route for him to realize his potential, not all players take 1, or 2 years to get it, and WR is known to be one of the harder positions to have an immediate impact at.

Archived