Todd McShay Mock

TuscanyTile2

No problem, all we need is Washington (St. Louis gets the pick) Or Atlanta to finish in the top 5 and then we have trade partners who do not need QB's. One may want to stay to draft Clowney, but not both. We have tons of ammo to move up so I really dont care what he has us picking at our projected spot, as we can trade up , as long as those 2 accomodate us.

And if we trade up for a QB who will this rookie QB be throwing the ball to? Oh, thats right...Stephen Hill. We're in good "hands" lol. 

Oh there's no doubt we badly need WRs.  However, the much tougher "piece" to get is the QB.  If there's an opportunity to get one you think can be "the guy" then the Jets have to go for it.  We can get FA WRs (I think Eric Decker is a FA) if necessary.  Heck, we can probably get a decent WR in the 3rd round.

And if we trade up for a QB who will this rookie QB be throwing the ball to? Oh, thats right...Stephen Hill. We're in good "hands" lol.

You mean our 9 million dollar WR who calls all the shots, and ignores our coach, and the great 2nd round pick wit 4.3 speed, and a our very solid slot man. A real good QB would make at least one a pro-bowler, and an avergae QB would certainly have at least one of these with more than 400 yards in 14 games.

Sorry, I'll take the GUNSLINGER first, and then find his targets later.

+1

The QBs in this draft suck anyway.

Funny how the JET brass always feels the same way when the QBS are great in a draft and when they are awful, like last year and Sanchez's year, they jump right in.

If they skip this draft, guaranteed 3 Franchise guys come out of it, like when they skipped the Luck, RGIII, and Wislon draft, and the Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers draft.

Yeah, Go Jets.

Funny how the JET brass always feels the same way when the QBS are great in a draft and when they are awful, like last year and Sanchez's year, they jump right in.

If they skip this draft, guaranteed 3 Franchise guys come out of it, like when they skipped the Luck, RGIII, and Wislon draft, and the Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers draft.

Yeah, Go Jets.

Like 1983?

Yeah, Go Jets.

this is absolutely true and it's a bigger problem than who is the head coach

that being said, i kinda like the guys shaping up to be 2nd or 3rd rounders. Don't forget, guys like Colin Kaep, Russell Wilson and Foles were in a great class but not first rounders. Id be ok with Idzik going Wr in 1 and getting a QB like Tajh Boyd, David Fales, z Mettenberger, McCarron, Garrapollo, Smith from WYoming on the flip side. there's value all over this class not just at the top. 

this is absolutely true and it's a bigger problem than who is the head coach

that being said, i kinda like the guys shaping up to be 2nd or 3rd rounders. Don't forget, guys like Colin Kaep, Russell Wilson and Foles were in a great class but not first rounders. Id be ok with Idzik going Wr in 1 and getting a QB like Tajh Boyd, David Fales, z Mettenberger, McCarron, Garrapollo, Smith from WYoming on the flip side. there's value all over this class not just at the top.

AHHHHH, any of the others you mentioned but please, NOT TAJH BOYD. Please.

Oh there's no doubt we badly need WRs.  However, the much tougher "piece" to get is the QB.  If there's an opportunity to get one you think can be "the guy" then the Jets have to go for it.  We can get FA WRs (I think Eric Decker is a FA) if necessary.  Heck, we can probably get a decent WR in the 3rd round.

You're right, the tougher part is the QB, which is the problem for a team wishing to draft a Russell Wilson every single year. The easier part is putting weapons around your QB so why not just do so? Worse case scenario you can draft a new QB with some talent on offense. To continue to jump out the window for a QB when you have no weapons around is pointless. Sanchez has never put up great numbers but look how far the Jets went "as a team" when Braylon was healthy, Santonio was running slant routes for game  winners etc. To say that the QB position is the hardest position to get in regards to a "lights out talent" yet continue to draft like every year like that rare lights out talent is just plentiful coming out of college is like trying to play mega millions wishing to hit so you can pay your rent that you're 6 months backed up on because you're trying to play mega millions instead of just getting a job and earning a wage (making ends meet by work and organization). 

The Jets need to develop a QB. I've never seen this franchise do such a thing. We drafted Geno because we seen ability, yet we put him around no talent, destroy the shoulder of a QB who probably should have started this year then want to redraft a QB because the current QB that we put in a position to fail...failed??? No way in the world does that remotely sound smart to me. You draft a QB if you have an offense like Houston and your QB implodes with noticeable talent on the field, not when your #1 WR is Santonio Holmes you're #2's Stephen Hill/every free agent available and you're #3 is Jeremy Kerley which ends up being your best WR/offensive weapon on the team. 

If the Jets draft a QB earlier than the 5th round they better be absolutely right, and if not it will be yet another reason why this team is so terrible. 

You mean our 9 million dollar WR who calls all the shots, and ignores our coach, and the great 2nd round pick wit 4.3 speed, and a our very solid slot man. A real good QB would make at least one a pro-bowler, and an avergae QB would certainly have at least one of these with more than 400 yards in 14 games.

Sorry, I'll take the GUNSLINGER first, and then find his targets later.

You'll take a gunslinger who can hit a target on the numbers but the target can't catch which makes the gunslinger pointless is what you mean? No, I'd rather draft the more easier WR talent that can make plays for the offense so if you have an opportunity to get a gunslinger at your advantage then you do so. We're already talking about throwing away picks just to move up in the draft to get a QB like we dont have holes all over the offense. Its like every year Jets fans want to go from junior varsity to the superbowl. This is precisely why I feel that Jon Idzik will be a football-godsend to this team. He understands that this IS NOT the way it works. Whats the point of a gunslinger if your LT is a liability, your starting LG is a revolving door, your back-up LG and starting RG are penalties waiting to happen, your starting TE has no knees and your best WR is Jeremy Kerley? 

Seriously, sit back and think about that. People are acting like we're simply a QB away when we dont even have an offense. Its not like our defense where we're pretty much one CB and one Safety away. The offense is non-existent. Look at how vulnerable NE's offense is without targets and they have an all-world QB, and with that said NE's offense is galaxies beyond what we have. Brady on a few occasions this year was looking like he was ready to kill his receivers. 

You're right, the tougher part is the QB, which is the problem for a team wishing to draft a Russell Wilson every single year. The easier part is putting weapons around your QB so why not just do so? Worse case scenario you can draft a new QB with some talent on offense. To continue to jump out the window for a QB when you have no weapons around is pointless. Sanchez has never put up great numbers but look how far the Jets went "as a team" when Braylon was healthy, Santonio was running slant routes for game  winners etc. To say that the QB position is the hardest position to get in regards to a "lights out talent" yet continue to draft like every year like that rare lights out talent is just plentiful coming out of college is like trying to play mega millions wishing to hit so you can pay your rent that you're 6 months backed up on because you're trying to play mega millions instead of just getting a job and earning a wage (making ends meet by work and organization). 

The Jets need to develop a QB. I've never seen this franchise do such a thing. We drafted Geno because we seen ability, yet we put him around no talent, destroy the shoulder of a QB who probably should have started this year then want to redraft a QB because the current QB that we put in a position to fail...failed??? No way in the world does that remotely sound smart to me. You draft a QB if you have an offense like Houston and your QB implodes with noticeable talent on the field, not when your #1 WR is Santonio Holmes you're #2's Stephen Hill/every free agent available and you're #3 is Jeremy Kerley which ends up being your best WR/offensive weapon on the team. 

If the Jets draft a QB earlier than the 5th round they better be absolutely right, and if not it will be yet another reason why this team is so terrible. 

we can have all the weapons in the world but if we have geno or sanchez we arnt winning a super bowl.

i guess we could be the Detroit lions

we can have all the weapons in the world but if we have geno or sanchez we arnt winning a super bowl.

i guess we could be the Detroit lions

If you gave the Jets the Lions offense we'd be playing in the superbowl this year. You're buggin. As for your Geno/Sanchez comment I simply dont believe you. Im not grading Geno off of 1 rookie year with no weapons. Sanchez I can understand, but when Sanchez had weapons we were in 2 AFCCG's...so then again, I'll retract and disagree with you there as well. 

If you gave the Jets the Lions offense we'd be playing in the superbowl this year. You're buggin. As for your Geno/Sanchez comment I simply dont believe you. Im not grading Geno off of 1 rookie year with no weapons. Sanchez I can understand, but when Sanchez had weapons we were in 2 AFCCG's...so then again, I'll retract and disagree with you there as well. 

the defense has won us those games. There isnt some perfect world where you can just swap offenses. We draft heavy O and our D suffers and as you can see if we draft heavy D our offense suffers. You build around a franchise QB not the other way around

There's a lot of good names on the market this year.  If Bevell is the coach no doubt we bring in Doug Baldwin.  I'd also like to see us get Danario Alexander.

the defense has won us those games. There isnt some perfect world where you can just swap offenses. We draft heavy O and our D suffers and as you can see if we draft heavy D our offense suffers. You build around a franchise QB not the other way around

You were the one who brought up the detroit lions. The Lions have a solid offense but their defense stinks. The Jets defense give up 26pts per game and the Lions 24pts per game. The difference is many of those points on the Jets defense stem from Jet offensive turnovers & 3 and outs. The Lions offensively dont have that problem with their offense being in the top 10 in points (26pts per game). The Lions defense genuinely stinks. The Jets average 9 points less a game. End result? The Jets 6-8 and the Lions 7-7. I never said that this is some perfect world, you threw out the comparison and im simply showing you the difference. That difference is the Lions have playmakers on offense and their defense stinks. The Jets have no playmakers on offense and their defense is better than what the stats show. Bottomline, Matt Stafford isnt as nearly as good as his stats make him out to be, he has playmakers to help him. You put Megatron on the Jets and you'd see a different Geno smith. 

All that "if we draft heavy O our D suffers" is non sense. We've drafted heavy for 5 years on this damn defense and the D is stacked now. If the Jets would have drafted Alshon Jeffery or stopped drafting these "Shut down corners" like Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner when you already had shut down corners we would have had an opportunity to provide not just Geno but Sanchez with some talent around him and we probably wouldnt be having this conversation. 

But like I said, if the Jets had the Lions offense the Jets would be 12-2 right now. 

There's a lot of good names on the market this year.  If Bevell is the coach no doubt we bring in Doug Baldwin.  I'd also like to see us get Danario Alexander.

Im with you 1000% on Alexander. 

Now look at the way this man makes plays and tell me if this is something that couldnt help a QB like Geno. You have a WR like this that can jump up and make plays, body his way into position and make the "not so accurate" catches. A WR with this skillset not only makes plays for your QB but helps to establish confidence in your QB which promotes better play. Some people think that just getting a franchise QB with no damn weapons is the end all/be all. Those are the people who prefer the easy way out instead of developing talent. 

Good looks on Alexander, I didnt know he was a FA this year. Beastly....

You'll take a gunslinger who can hit a target on the numbers but the target can't catch which makes the gunslinger pointless is what you mean? No, I'd rather draft the more easier WR talent that can make plays for the offense so if you have an opportunity to get a gunslinger at your advantage then you do so. We're already talking about throwing away picks just to move up in the draft to get a QB like we dont have holes all over the offense. Its like every year Jets fans want to go from junior varsity to the superbowl. This is precisely why I feel that Jon Idzik will be a football-godsend to this team. He understands that this IS NOT the way it works. Whats the point of a gunslinger if your LT is a liability, your starting LG is a revolving door, your back-up LG and starting RG are penalties waiting to happen, your starting TE has no knees and your best WR is Jeremy Kerley? 

Seriously, sit back and think about that. People are acting like we're simply a QB away when we dont even have an offense. Its not like our defense where we're pretty much one CB and one Safety away. The offense is non-existent. Look at how vulnerable NE's offense is without targets and they have an all-world QB, and with that said NE's offense is galaxies beyond what we have. Brady on a few occasions this year was looking like he was ready to kill his receivers.

Look, we can agree to disagree. you have your opinion of getting the weapons, which I find pointless, if the guy pulling the trigger, couldnt hit a barn from 10 ft. I want a gunslinger first, and then build around him, which you find pointless because if the targets suck, then whats the use of having a gunslinger?

Then of course you have the Jets which have NEITHER and that equates to an absolutely pathetic offense.

All I know is that everytime I see the Superbowl, about 9 times out of ten, its a franchise QB pulling the trigger, but I dont see many teams with gobs of weapons, and a Sanchez or Smith chucking it.

Look, we can agree to disagree. you have your opinion of getting the weapons, which I find pointless, if the guy pulling the trigger, couldnt hit a barn from 10 ft. I want a gunslinger first, and then build around him, which you find pointless because if the targets suck, then whats the use of having a gunslinger?

Then of course you have the Jets which have NEITHER and that equates to an absolutely pathetic offense.

All I know is that everytime I see the Superbowl, about 9 times out of ten, its a franchise QB pulling the trigger, but I dont see many teams with gobs of weapons, and a Sanchez or Smith chucking it.

Funny, because Sanchez was a play or two away from the game twice. Once with decent weapons, the 2nd time with pretty good weapons....and that was as a rookie and 2nd year QB. What happened the years after???? NO WEAPONS & NO OFFENSIVE GUARDS. Exactly my point.

As for what you see in the superbowl, lets put this to rest real quick because I seriously hate when people bring up this phantom statistic. 

Of the last 15 years these were your "elite franchise" QB's in the SB. 

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Ben Roethelisberger 

4. Tom Brady

5. Kurt Warner

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. John Elway

Your "1A Franchise" QB's in the SB

1. Eli Manning

2. Donavan McNabb

Your "2nd tier" QB's in the SB

1.Joe Flacco (A 2nd tier player getting Elite franchise QB money. my personal opinion)

2. Steve McNair

3. Rich Gannon

4. Matt Hasselbeck

Now, these are the "other" QB's that made the SB the last 15 years. 

1. Chris Chandler

2. Trent Dilfer

3. Kerry Collins

4. Brad Johnson

5. Jake Delhomme

6. Rex Grossman

7. Colin Kaepernick (Alex Smith is having a MUCH better year out in KC right now and is outperforming Kae in every major QB category convincingly) 

In the last 15 years you've had 7 QB's who werent gunslingers, who werent sharpshooters and a total of 11 QB's who werent "Elite" or even "1A" type QB's make it to the SB. 3 actually won a SB (Johnson, Flacco, Johnson) and another was a stupid kickoff penalty away from winning one as well (Delhomme). 

So what I see is almost every year a "non-elite/non-1A franchise" QB makes the Superbowl and every once in a while they win it. 

And dont get me started with the alleged "Elite/1A franchise" QB's who cant seem to get things going especially in the playoffs with ALL THE TALENT AROUND THEM. (Ahem....Romo, Matty Ice) These two dudes get a pass year after year, yet Geno cant even get a 2nd year opportunity to try to get some weapons when he had absolutely nothing and develop into a pro???? Im seriously glad regular football fans dont run these teams, though any one of us could have been better than Tannenbaum. lol

Funny, because Sanchez was a play or two away from the game twice. Once with decent weapons, the 2nd time with pretty good weapons....and that was as a rookie and 2nd year QB. What happened the years after???? NO WEAPONS & NO OFFENSIVE GUARDS. Exactly my point.

As for what you see in the superbowl, lets put this to rest real quick because I seriously hate when people bring up this phantom statistic. 

Of the last 15 years these were your "elite franchise" QB's in the SB. 

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Ben Roethelisberger 

4. Tom Brady

5. Kurt Warner

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. John Elway

Your "1A Franchise" QB's in the SB

1. Eli Manning

2. Donavan McNabb

Your "2nd tier" QB's in the SB

1.Joe Flacco (A 2nd tier player getting Elite franchise QB money. my personal opinion)

2. Steve McNair

3. Rich Gannon

4. Matt Hasselbeck

Now, these are the "other" QB's that made the SB the last 15 years. 

1. Chris Chandler

2. Trent Dilfer

3. Kerry Collins

4. Brad Johnson

5. Jake Delhomme

6. Rex Grossman

7. Colin Kaepernick (Alex Smith is having a MUCH better year out in KC right now and is outperforming Kae in every major QB category convincingly) 

In the last 15 years you've had 7 QB's who werent gunslingers, who werent sharpshooters and a total of 11 QB's who werent "Elite" or even "1A" type QB's make it to the SB. 3 actually won a SB (Johnson, Flacco, Johnson) and another was a stupid kickoff penalty away from winning one as well (Delhomme). 

So what I see is almost every year a "non-elite/non-1A franchise" QB makes the Superbowl and every once in a while they win it. 

And dont get me started with the alleged "Elite/1A franchise" QB's who cant seem to get things going especially in the playoffs with ALL THE TALENT AROUND THEM. (Ahem....Romo, Matty Ice) These two dudes get a pass year after year, yet Geno cant even get a 2nd year opportunity to try to get some weapons when he had absolutely nothing and develop into a pro???? Im seriously glad regular football fans dont run these teams, though any one of us could have been better than Tannenbaum. lol

I'm going to disagree w/ your assessment of Colin Kaepernick.  I think he's knocking on the door of elite even right now.  I see him is a guy who I think is a franchise QB but doesn't have the weapons around him.  I'd trade 2 #1s to get Kaepernick in a heartbeat (and then try to build around him) but the 49ers are almost certainly not looking to trade him.

way too early to get into mocks.....need to see who they actually release and who they sign......

but

I'd be totally ok with a BPA draft approach, even if it means getting an OG or OLB in rd 1

or even a true two way TE

<ducks>

I'll apply my amazing psychic skill to the 2014 NFL draft. You're welcome.

1. Oakland Raiders: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville.

The Texans still think they can win now and don't want to wait on a rookie quarterback, so they trade down with the Raiders (receiving the Raiders' 1 and 2, and a 2015 2). The Texans then turn around and trade both of those 2's to the Washington Redskins for Kirk Cousins.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Matthews, OLT, Texas A+M.

---The Rams are married to Sam Bradford, and they need to keep his brittle ass standing for at least a year. Rams already have a great DL, so they pass on Clowney.

3. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

---Texans trade back and finally replace Mario Williams

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson

--Boyd doesn't have great size, but he's a leader and an exciting player whose stock will be inflated by Russell Wilson comparisons. Head Coach Gus Bradley witnessed what Wilson was able to do for Seattle, and takes a shot that Boyd will do the same for him.

5. Cleveland Browns: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.

---Cleveland needs a big-time QB, but Mike Lombardi doesn't bet the farm on Blake Bortles or Manziel just yet. Instead, he takes the freak OLB to help what has been a pretty spicy Browns defense.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

---Dennard is being compared to the Second Coming of Darrelle Revis, and a good 40 time could put him in the Top 5. Every QB the Falcons have faced has thrown for a million yards, so DB is an absolute must pick.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech.

---Bucs defense is loaded, they have a lot of offensive talent already, and Mike Glennon has shown enough to be given the QB job in 2014. Given all that, they opt to add the best TE in the draft.

8. Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF.

---The Vikings have owner issues when it comes to their QB situation, meaning that the owners like to pick the quarterback (Josh Freeman, for example). Leslie Frazier is going to be flushed, and the new head coach will likely be Bill O'Brien. Bill O'B's first job will be to make Bortles into Tom Brady. Good luck.

9. Buffalo Bills: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson.

---The Bills are OK on offense when Stevie Johnson is healthy, and they're putrid when he's not. The problem is, Johnson is never fully healthy. They need to surround EJ Manuel with more options, and Watkins is the best receiver in this draft.

10. Tennessee Titans: Greg Robinson, ORT, Auburn.

---Tennessee has a lot of questions to answer this offseason: Are they keeping Munchak? Are they going to give Jake Locker another chance? Do they try and move Chris Johnson? At the end of the day, they hold firm and add the big tackle and hope a better OL makes the offense look better.

11. New York Giants: Cam Erving, OLT, FSU.

---Giants are hurting at LB and WR, but their OL has allowed jail breaks all season long. Justin Pugh has been slow to come along on the right side, and they're down to their third-string center, but OLT Will Beatty has been the biggest swing and miss of Jerry Reese's career so far. He has to admit that mistake and move on, or he's going to get Eli killed.

12. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Evans, WR, TAMU.

---Ben Roethlisberger could use a big, strong target, and Evans is that.

13. New York Jets: Marqise Lee, WR, USC.

---Shrieks of pure terror ran through me as I perused who was still on the board when the Jets picked because the BAP's were all LBs and DBs and Manziel. All I'm saying is, there will be some anxious minutes leading up to the announcement of the Jets pick. Obviously, the Jets need receivers in the worst possible way, but GM John Idzik, in his one draft, showed that he'll adhere to his draft board even if it means drafting at a position that's already reasonably filled. If he goes BPA, however, it will either be LB Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley, either of whom would make Jets fans cry when their names are announced. That said, the Jets will only have Demario Davis and Antwan Barnes returning as far as LBs who can play (and Barnes is merely situational at this point), so LB is actually a pretty significant need. So, I picked Lee here because I simply cannot imagine Idzik leaving Geno Smith out there on the field throwing to D-III level talent for another year.

---Shrieks of pure terror ran through me as I perused who was still on the board when the Jets picked because the BAP's were all LBs and DBs and Manziel. All I'm saying is, there will be some anxious minutes leading up to the announcement of the Jets pick. Obviously, the Jets need receivers in the worst possible way, but GM John Idzik, in his one draft, showed that he'll adhere to his draft board even if it means drafting at a position that's already reasonably filled. If he goes BPA, however, it will either be LB Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley, either of whom would make Jets fans cry when their names are announced. That said, the Jets will only have Demario Davis and Antwan Barnes returning as far as LBs who can play (and Barnes is merely situational at this point), so LB is actually a pretty significant need. So, I picked Lee here because I simply cannot imagine Idzik leaving Geno Smith out there on the field throwing to D-III level talent for another year.

Mike Tannenbaum drafted ten players in his first draft. He showed that he was a guy who valued building thru the draft that very first year. That first season served as a template for the rest of his career.

I like that you know Idzik will stick to his board at all costs, and yet have him drafting for need here.

Mike Tannenbaum drafted ten players in his first draft. He showed that he was a guy who valued building thru the draft that very first year. That first season served as a template for the rest of his career.

I like that you know Idzik will stick to his board at all costs, and yet have him drafting for need here.

I don't think we "know" anything about John Idzik. I'm speculating based on the available evidence.

Denario Alexander's knee is probably held together with silly putty at this point. Which makes him the perfect Idzik dumpster diving pickup. other "damaged goods" prospects include Kenny Britt and dare to dream, Jeremy Maclin.

I'll apply my amazing psychic skill to the 2014 NFL draft. You're welcome.

1. Oakland Raiders: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville.

The Texans still think they can win now and don't want to wait on a rookie quarterback, so they trade down with the Raiders (receiving the Raiders' 1 and 2, and a 2015 2). The Texans then turn around and trade both of those 2's to the Washington Redskins for Kirk Cousins.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Matthews, OLT, Texas A+M.

---The Rams are married to Sam Bradford, and they need to keep his brittle ass standing for at least a year. Rams already have a great DL, so they pass on Clowney.

3. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

---Texans trade back and finally replace Mario Williams

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson

--Boyd doesn't have great size, but he's a leader and an exciting player whose stock will be inflated by Russell Wilson comparisons. Head Coach Gus Bradley witnessed what Wilson was able to do for Seattle, and takes a shot that Boyd will do the same for him.

5. Cleveland Browns: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.

---Cleveland needs a big-time QB, but Mike Lombardi doesn't bet the farm on Blake Bortles or Manziel just yet. Instead, he takes the freak OLB to help what has been a pretty spicy Browns defense.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State.

---Dennard is being compared to the Second Coming of Darrelle Revis, and a good 40 time could put him in the Top 5. Every QB the Falcons have faced has thrown for a million yards, so DB is an absolute must pick.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech.

---Bucs defense is loaded, they have a lot of offensive talent already, and Mike Glennon has shown enough to be given the QB job in 2014. Given all that, they opt to add the best TE in the draft.

8. Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF.

---The Vikings have owner issues when it comes to their QB situation, meaning that the owners like to pick the quarterback (Josh Freeman, for example). Leslie Frazier is going to be flushed, and the new head coach will likely be Bill O'Brien. Bill O'B's first job will be to make Bortles into Tom Brady. Good luck.

9. Buffalo Bills: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson.

---The Bills are OK on offense when Stevie Johnson is healthy, and they're putrid when he's not. The problem is, Johnson is never fully healthy. They need to surround EJ Manuel with more options, and Watkins is the best receiver in this draft.

10. Tennessee Titans: Greg Robinson, ORT, Auburn.

---Tennessee has a lot of questions to answer this offseason: Are they keeping Munchak? Are they going to give Jake Locker another chance? Do they try and move Chris Johnson? At the end of the day, they hold firm and add the big tackle and hope a better OL makes the offense look better.

11. New York Giants: Cam Erving, OLT, FSU.

---Giants are hurting at LB and WR, but their OL has allowed jail breaks all season long. Justin Pugh has been slow to come along on the right side, and they're down to their third-string center, but OLT Will Beatty has been the biggest swing and miss of Jerry Reese's career so far. He has to admit that mistake and move on, or he's going to get Eli killed.

12. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Evans, WR, TAMU.

---Ben Roethlisberger could use a big, strong target, and Evans is that.

great effort TS, you should do these more often

the number of tackles you have going high is sound but it might be different tackles. The other guy at Texas A&M might be a very high pick if he declares. Taylor Lewan is in the mix (UM OL is a legacy) 

if the board had fell like that the pick for me would probably be a QB. Carr from Fresno State is the name to watch, his brother went 1 overall and he's a 70% passer just like TEddy. He could sneak up and go where you have Tajh Boyd going (who probably doesn't go that high). I'd take him over the 3rd WR. Altho Lee is legit can the Jets really draft another USC prospect? Besides the Keyshawn comparison, as a group, those guys are the most douchey-est people in the most douchey-est state in the Union. rather they go with Odell Beckham jr a rd or two later. Or board favorite Kelvin Benjamin in mid rounds. The WR crop is deep. 

I don't think we "know" anything about John Idzik.

Really? Because I read comments here all the time from lots of people -you included- telling me what kind of guy John Idzik is. The way John Idzik runs a team. The lack of nonsense John Idzik will take. The draft board he'll adhere to...

I find it comical. In reality, the guy has no track record. He obviously strongly believes the quote, "it is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

great effort TS, you should do these more often

if the board had fell like that the pick for me would probably be a QB. Carr from Fresno State is the name to watch, his brother went 1 overall and he's a 70% passer just like TEddy. He could sneak up and go where you have Tajh Boyd going (who probably doesn't go that high). I'd take him over the 3rd WR. Altho Lee is legit can the Jets really draft another USC prospect? As a group, those guys are the most douchey-est people in the most douchey-est state in the Union

Thanks, Bit. Carr scares me because I keep reading that he's not all that bright and will get confused if the play breaks down, and in the NFL 90% of your plays break down. I have the sneaking suspicion that Boyd will interview really well and get that old "intangibles!" label slapped on him.

Really? Because I read comments here all the time from lots of people -you included- telling me what kind of guy John Idzik is. The way John Idzik runs a team. The lack of nonsense John Idzik will take. The draft board he'll adhere to...

I find it comical. In reality, the guy has no track record. He obviously strongly believes the quote, "it is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

he does have a track record, people just choose to ignore it. They say it was a rebuilding year and the Jets were in cap hell (but don't apply this logic to the head coach of course). 

Matt Slauson got a 1 year deal from Chicago at 815k 100k bonus. Stephen Peterman got a 1 year deal at 905k 65k bonus. Obviously Peterman didn't see anything of that except the bonus but how is that a better short term decision? 

Now look at the way this man makes plays and tell me if this is something that couldnt help a QB like Geno. You have a WR like this that can jump up and make plays, body his way into position and make the "not so accurate" catches. A WR with this skillset not only makes plays for your QB but helps to establish confidence in your QB which promotes better play. Some people think that just getting a franchise QB with no damn weapons is the end all/be all. Those are the people who prefer the easy way out instead of developing talent. 

I still remember Alexander in college, I don't know if it was just the games I saw but he still sticks out as one of the greatest college WRs I've seen play. Literally anything near him would be plucked out of the sky for a catch. Besides Fitzgerald, probably best hands I've seen. But I also know he's a walking wounded type would some knee issues. Still a nice big, possession type of guy. 

Archived