Sheldon to Idzik: Don't Fire Rex Ryan

bitonti

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colon has loved everyone on the Jets all year. He's a veteran player who's got one foot in the grave. All he wants is to scrounge another contract from anyone next year.

Im fairly sure you stopped reading after the word "Colon". The interesting part of his statement wasn't his support for Rex, it was the idea that these last 2 games make a huge difference. I think he's absolutely right. there's a world of difference between 6-10 and 8-8. if the Jets get blown out the next two games, even I will support firing Rex.

Im fairly sure you stopped reading after the word "Colon". The interesting part of his statement wasn't his support for Rex, it was the idea that these last 2 games make a huge difference. I think he's absolutely right. there's a world of difference between 6-10 and 8-8. if the Jets get blown out the next two games, even I will support firing Rex.

Because, 2 meaningless games at the end of a season that went nowhere should be the criteria of whether to keep or fire a coach. ok

I doubt it. The team is a sh*t show with two decent wins on the record. Penalties, undisciplined, young players continuing to suck, an inability to field a professional offense, and a defense that's a joke against the pass. No one who is serious is going to allow two games to negate the product from the previous 46.

We have issues this week though, as both teams need a QB and both want to move up in the draft. The big difference I think is our coach thinks he's playing this game to save his Job, where Chud I believe is fairly safe in Cleveland. Advantage Cleveland right?

Imo, that team works too hard to lay down for a draft pick. If the Jets win, it'll be because Campbell sh*t his pants.

Chrebet absolutely was heartbroken with Kotite leaving.

I understand you are probably too young to remember this.

Not sure that's true but if it is it's because Kotite believed in him and gave him a chance on the field. 

Richardson and Colon aren't undrafted FA's in their rookie years who Rex let play.

Not sure that's true but if it is it's because Kotite believed in him and gave him a chance on the field. 

Richardson and Colon aren't undrafted FA's in their rookie years who Rex let play.

Chrebet wanted to win one for Kotite, who had surprised his players before last Friday's practice by announcing that he intended to "step aside" after the Miami game. While no Jet expected Kotite to survive this train-wreck season, few expected him to fall on his sword before the final game.

If you really believe that players will not accept a new coach, because they have such allegiance to an old coach, you are just plain stupid. I can't put it any other way. 

I doubt it. The team is a sh*t show with two decent wins on the record. Penalties, undisciplined, young players continuing to suck, an inability to field a professional offense, and a defense that's a joke against the pass. No one who is serious is going to allow two games to negate the product from the previous 46.

Happy Kwanzaa

13770572-large.jpg

Chrebet wanted to win one for Kotite, who had surprised his players before last Friday's practice by announcing that he intended to "step aside" after the Miami game. While no Jet expected Kotite to survive this train-wreck season, few expected him to fall on his sword before the final game.

If you really believe that players will not accept a new coach, because they have such allegiance to an old coach, you are just plain stupid. I can't put it any other way. 

Huh?  Your quote reinforces my point and I never said there'd be a wildcat strike. 

You attend the Integrity twenty-whatever school of debate where you make up someones position for them and argue against it?

Huh?  Your quote reinforces my point and I never said there'd be a wildcat strike. 

You attend the Integrity twenty-whatever school of debate where you make up someones position for them and argue against it?

Are YOU really going to chastise someone else's debate style?

Does your monitor not register what you type?

You said "I am not sure that is true" regarding Chrebet's affection for Kotite. What else was I to infer. That you like peanut butter?

Are YOU really going to chastise someone else's debate style?

Does your monitor not register what you type?

I like adding some seasoning to my posts but I never make up someone elses argument.

I suggest you log off and think about this for awhile.

Because, 2 meaningless games at the end of a season that went nowhere should be the criteria of whether to keep or fire a coach. ok

if this team gets to .500 with this roster, every objective football observer will recognize that as an excellent coaching job.  If they get blown out by the Browns and Fins, yeah maybe it's time for a change. These two games matter.

The fact that he is a master motivator, that players will run through walls for this guy... that won't influence Idzik's decision?

This hasn't really manifested itself on the field. Run through walls? Heck, they can't even stay put in a stance or stay on sides, or figure out how many players should be on the field.

Odd ways of showing loyalty

if this team gets to .500 with this roster, every objective football observer will recognize that as an excellent coaching job.  If they get blown out by the Browns and Fins, yeah maybe it's time for a change. These two games matter.

If Idzik has the sense I believe he has, these 2 games mean nothing.

Regardless the decision, the die is cast, and 2 meaningless games in December won't change anybody's thinking.

If Idzik has the sense I believe he has, these 2 games mean nothing.

Regardless the decision, the die is cast, and 2 meaningless games in December won't change anybody's thinking.

this is the NFL no games are meaningless. All the games mean something. SOme more than others but especially when one of the games is against a franchise rival like Miami they matter SD. Whether you choose to see that or not. 

this is the NFL no games are meaningless. All the games mean something. SOme more than others but especially when one of the games is against a franchise rival like Miami they matter SD. Whether you choose to see that or not. 

I guess that is why teams rest players then-because every game is meaningful.

The only meaning to come out of the Browns game, is draft position.

Archived