Would you resign if your Idzik?

joewillie78

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know that's the case.

The fans who hate Rex had themselves all excited about John Idzik, that he was forced to take on Rex but as soon as he got the chance he was gonna kick his ass to the curb. But that was all projection. Idzik never tipped his hand either way. Could simply be that Idzik likes Rex, thinks he's a pretty good coach, and recognizes that he did more with the sh*t roster he was handed than most coaches could.

I think we would have expected any GM, that was hired with the explicit "caveat" to keep Rex this one year, to fire Rex and bring in his "own guy", unless the team exceeded expectations wildly, and was a legitimate playoff caliber team.

I based my expectation basically on what happened to Lovie Smith in Chicago, who I believe had a very good winning record when the "new" GM replaced him with Trestman.

Look, If the Jets keep Rex, for whatever reason, they decide, I will still be a Jet fan, However I will merely expect the same old same old next year:

Mediocre record

No Playoffs

No Discipline

Terrible offensive football

Terrible QB play

Ground n pound 1960's offense

Sorry, but HE will have to prove to me that he can change the product on the field, with their play, and not the fact that Idzik has confidence in him and rehired him for whatever reason they decided.

Is that fair?

It was basically a Yes or No answer. The answer you gave makes no sense to the question asked.

It wasnt an answer at all actually. have you ever seen someone give a sigh based on something they've heard or read? I would assume you would have. You have plenty of moments where people want to sigh or raise their eyebrows based on what they read from you. 

So no, it wasnt an answer to your question. It was more of why was this even asked type thing. 

It wasnt an answer at all actually. have you ever seen someone give a sigh based on something they've heard or read? I would assume you would have. You have plenty of moments where people want to sigh or raise their eyebrows based on what they read from you. 

So no, it wasnt an answer to your question. It was more of why was this even asked type thing. 

Oh Ok, I dont know whether to be offended or thankful for what you wrote. Oh well.

Why? How do you know anything was FORCED on Idzik. 

Who's available out there that you want as a HC?

This is the dumbest argument i've seen.    Because some fans don't see some big name star, nobody is out there.    Newsome took a look at Rex Ryan and some other special teams coach and decided that was his guy.   Nobody in their right mind thought John Harbaugh was going to be anything special.  And he sure was't some big name coach.   And Rex Ryan was already their DC.    

Sometimes GMs make choices not based on what fans and the media think is the 'big name' star.    Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't.   But saying "nobody is out there" is just dumb to me considering the Jets have been a non playoff team 3 years in a row and are basically a .500 team under Rex.  Blame it on everybody else, but at the end of the day,  if it's the GMs job to put a team on the field,  then Idzik didn't do a very good job of that this season. Especially considering the Jets offense sucked last year and it's the same crappy offense again this year.  

It's all Tanny's fault no matter what to some people.   Rex isn't to blame.   Idzik isn't to blame.  It's just a bad argument.

Again, someone asked why us Rex "haters" find it hard to believe that Idzik believes his best option is Rex? and my answer is:

Because we thought Idzik was a smart guy.

Maybe I need to rethink that. We have already seen what having Rex as your head coach did for Mike Tannebaums career (what is he ? like some NFL network commentator), you would thin Idzik would recognize this and move on.

Mike Tannenbaum destroyed his own career.

Fine he was a number 1 overall pick so he was bound to be very good. What makes u think Geno cant be a very good QB in the NFL?

From watching him all year ! Go watch the real good qbs out there and find one that geno looks like ? He might be a good qb one day but very good is a different level ! I am looking for a qb that will take us to the highest level and we need one !

When Rex Ryan arrived in 2009 he promised a change is the so-called Jets 'culture'. How has that worked out? Seems very much like the last three years, the Same Old Jets statements have been very prevalent, so how has he changed the culture? He asks them to "Play like Jets" and I have seen them do exactly that. Against, Buffalo, Baltimore and Miami when the Jets were the sixth seed in the AFC and would stay there as long as they kept winning. Have we seen this before? Coslet had the Jets 8-5 only to lose their last three games. Mangini also had the Jets at 8-5 only to lose the last three games. THIS has been the culture of the NY Jets and Rex Ryan has only ADDED chapters to this loooooong running story. Idzik, do NOT trust the NY media. They are looking to take YOU down with Rex. In preseason Serby, Mehta AND Cimini all said that Rex getting Sanchez injured was a firable offense. They also had him canned along with Tanny after last year. NOW they come to his rescue? Really? No. I think they want TWO targets next year not just one and when the inevitable 'Jet moment' arrives, under Rex, you will be squarely in their crosshairs and if you keep Rex YOU WILL DESERVE NOTHING LESS.

This.. 1000x this.

Jet fans have become accustomed to settling for mediocrity. How we let this HC off the hook for his team never showing up the week after a big win since the 2010 post season boggles the mind.  The agenda guys will surely tell me how Rex is growing into the job in year 5 now that he has finally won back to back games when it doesn't matter.  Not showing up for winnable games when we were the 6th seed along with playing his starting QB in the final pre-season game should have sealed his fate.

Sadly our owner does whatever is popular in the media at the moment when it comes to making decisions.

Archived