If you are idzik, when midnight strikes tonight.....

Larz

everyone expecting a day 1 FA bonanza should plan on being let down.

This team hasn't paid anyone significant cash for over 2 years. Since Tanny era. 

they didn't even re-up Howard. This is not the behavior of a team about to go FA crazy.  

idzik has said his plan is to build patiently through the draft to be a consistent contender

anyone not listening to that is choosing not to

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why we haven't resigned Howard yet...

Our OL gets worse every year. 

I mean, remember why our OL was:

D'Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody

Now we have:

A regressing D'Brick-Winters-A regressing Mangold (wasn't he rated TERRIBLY by PFF last year?)-Colon-Probably not even Howard anymore

We're ****ed

everyone expecting a day 1 FA bonanza should plan on being let down.

This team hasn't paid anyone significant cash for over 2 years. Since Tanny era. 

they didn't even re-up Howard. This is not the behavior of a team about to go FA crazy.  

to be fair, the jets havnt had any real money to play with the last 2 years, either

I don't get why we haven't resigned Howard yet...

Our OL gets worse every year. 

I mean, remember why our OL was:

D'Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody

Now we have:

A regressing D'Brick-Winters-A regressing Mangold (wasn't he rated TERRIBLY by PFF last year?)-Colon-Probably not even Howard anymore

We're ****ed

Howard was a stop-gap.  And he's a lousy run blocker.  On a run-first team.  Who wants to get paid like a top 10 RT.  No thanks.

idzik has said his plan is to build patiently through the draft to be a consistent contender

anyone not listening to that is choosing not to

Who knows.  I'd be worried he didn't pay much attention in Seattle if he sticks with that plan though.   

Remember the Seahawks pretty much made a splash every offseason, good and bad.  They made that stupid trade for QB Charlie Whitehurst.  They traded for Lynch.  They brought in Sydney Rice.  They signed Matt Flynn.  They traded for Percy Harvin and so on.   That team built through the draft because they knew how to find 3-6 round players who could play, but that team also spent a lot of time adding and removing players every offseason.  And they also made some big moves for big time players.

If the Jets just sit back and wait for the draft,  who knows where Idzik learned that from, because it sure wasn't in Seattle.

Who knows.  I'd be worried he didn't pay much attention in Seattle if he sticks with that plan though.   

Remember the Seahawks pretty much made a splash every offseason, good and bad.  They made that stupid trade for QB Charlie Whitehurst.  They traded for Lynch.  They brought in Sydney Rice.  They signed Matt Flynn.  They traded for Percy Harvin and so on.   That team built through the draft because they knew how to find 3-6 round players who could play, but that team also spent a lot of time adding and removing players every offseason.  And they also made some big moves for big time players.

If the Jets just sit back and wait for the draft,  who knows where Idzik learned that from, because it sure wasn't in Seattle.

idzik wasn't the GM.  sure he must have been influenced by them, but he has his own style.  he has shown he is patient, and won't make a decision until he has to, and is a value guy.  he isn't jerry jones or dan Snyder or mike tannenbaum.  I don't expect many splashes

I've been tracking the free agency all morning and I'm getting a little nervous.  We ARE going to sign at least one receiver right??  At this point I just want a new body in there.  My ideal signing would be Golden Tate or Emmanuel Sanders.  Do any of you guys think any one of those guys could turn into a legit #1 WR for us?  If none of those guys who do you think out there has a chance at turning into a #1 WR?  I just see us coming away with nothing for some odd reason...

Thanks guys and here's to a hopefully first successful FA period for our new GM and our boys 

I've been tracking the free agency all morning and I'm getting a little nervous.  We ARE going to sign at least one receiver right??  At this point I just want a new body in there.  My ideal signing would be Golden Tate or Emmanuel Sanders.  Do any of you guys think any one of those guys could turn into a legit #1 WR for us?  If none of those guys who do you think out there has a chance at turning into a #1 WR?  I just see us coming away with nothing for some odd reason...

Thanks guys and here's to a hopefully first successful FA period for our new GM and our boys 

Yeah, I'm with you.  I have this eerie feeling that the Jets are being used by FA's to get more money from other teams.  I bet Vontae Davis is screwing with us to get more money from the Colts.  Verner is screwing us to get more money from the Broncos.  Asamoah is going to let us buy him a steak dinner before signing with Atlanta.  Etc. Etc.  Shades of the Nnamdi Asomugha debacle are churning in my stomach.  

The fact that a lot of veteran WRs are publicly stating their preference to, "go to a team with a proven QB," has demonstrated how much Geno Smith's rawness is really affecting our team. 

Yeah, I'm with you.  I have this eerie feeling that the Jets are being used by FA's to get more money from other teams.  I bet Vontae Davis is screwing with us to get more money from the Colts.  Verner is screwing us to get more money from the Broncos.  Asamoah is going to let us buy him a steak dinner before signing with Atlanta.  Etc. Etc.  Shades of the Nnamdi Asomugha debacle are churning in my stomach.  

The fact that a lot of veteran WRs are publicly stating their preference to, "go to a team with a proven QB," has demonstrated how much Geno Smith's rawness is really affecting our team. 

That's definitely the case.  I really hope we land at least one of the receivers.  I'd be ok with literally any of them; Decker, Sanders, Tate, Jones, McCluster, Sproles even Hester.  They need someone who could make a play.  We can't end Free Agency empty handed with all this cap room.  We need to sign significant playmakers on both sides.

Archived