***Official 2014 JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think Hoyer gives them leverage to sit the rookie QB for a year...but if any franchise was in dire need of hope for the future, it's Cleveland. Had to pull the trigger on a QB, that was tough enough, making the QB Bridgewater was also a tough decision. 

Just thought about this too -- they just cleaned house completely and are looking to a reboot.  I could them drafting Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles here (note that I despise Bortles, but that's another point all together).  If you're staying at that spot I don't see how you don't take a QB honestly.

Watkins, or if some owner gets a raging hard-on for Manziel.

I would say Dallas, but given the shape of their team I'm not sure they can afford what it would cost and even if they did...not sure what they could get for Romo with his back.

Just thought about this too -- they just cleaned house completely and are looking to a reboot. I could them drafting Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles here (note that I despise Bortles, but that's another point all together). If you're staying at that spot I don't see how you don't take a QB honestly.

I would say Dallas, but given the shape of their team I'm not sure they can afford what it would cost and even if they did...not sure what they could get for Romo with his back.

Dallas is ****ed because they can't move Romo's contract. Jerry is dumb enough to want to go get Manziel, but moving into the top five is wayyyyy too expensive, IMO.

Dallas is ****ed because they can't move Romo's contract. Jerry is dumb enough to want to go get Manziel, but moving into the top five is wayyyyy too expensive, IMO.

It's a great pick.

Agreed on both.

The big play to be made in this draft is watching who goes and gets Mallett, IMO. Makes zero sense for New Englabd to hold onto him for a season. Either the Browns or Texans are going to make that move, and it's going to drop one of these QBs to the bottom of the first.

The big play to be made in this draft is watching who goes and gets Mallett, IMO. Makes zero sense for New Englabd to hold onto him for a season. Either the Browns or Texans are going to make that move, and it's going to drop one of these QBs to the bottom of the first.

Never thought about that, and Jerk face is crazy enough to expose his team to not having a BU QB.

Nah. Just surprised to see you pick him there. You like more flash, usually. Lol

I guess, If I was more in-depth with the Bills maybe. I basically looked at their needs and what they filled during free agency and went with a mixture of BAP and need. 

The Bills need a Tackle, Guard and WR. After getting a couple LB's, a RB and DB in free agency to fill those holes what better way to cover both G and T than adding a versatile guy like Zack that can play both positions and dominate immediately? WR position is deep this year, that can be addressed later on. 

P.S. You probably thought I was going Jordan Matthews! lol. I even disappointed myself  :winking0001: 

With the 10th pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Detroit Lion select

CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St

Jetscode/Tennessee Titans are on the clock

Hess, surprised you didn't call him on his home phone to wake his butt up @ 2:30 am.... you're slippin', bro. 

Archived