***Official 2014 JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ealy made too much sense there for me. Could have gone WR and was torn between Kony and Verrett (who was picked just beforehand).

Thinking versatility in Pettine's D. He can play 5, some 3 and both Strong and weak side OLB. Can never have enough pass rushers.  

Looking at their roster they have 3 big bodies up front all along the 330 lb mark. Plug Ealy in and cause match up problems.

Maybe not a huge need but...

Ealy made too much sense there for me. Could have gone WR and was torn between Kony and Verrett (who was picked just beforehand).

Thinking versatility in Pettine's D. He can play 5, some 3 and both Strong and weak side OLB. Can never have enough pass rushers.  

Looking at their roster they have 3 big bodies up front all along the 330 lb mark. Plug Ealy in and cause match up problems.

Maybe not a huge need but...

I think the Browns have two solid OLB with Mingo being a talented reserve soon to full in. Thought CJ Mosley or Xavier Su'a-Filo (RG) would have been other solid options.

Not happy with the reach, but it really boiled down to WR and OL.  The biggest need for the Panthers is by far WR though (OT being second) and with a couple of WR hungry teams in between this pick and the next for the Panthers, I didn't want to run the risk of not getting one of the second tier.  Jerricho Cotchery alone simply isn't going to cut it.

Not happy with the reach, but it really boiled down to WR and OL.  The biggest need for the Panthers is by far WR though (OT being second) and with a couple of WR hungry teams in between this pick and the next for the Panthers, I didn't want to run the risk of not getting one of the second tier.  Jerricho Cotchery alone simply isn't going to cut it.

You have to go WR there. They have the worst receivers in the NFL.

I think the Browns have two solid OLB with Mingo being a talented reserve soon to full in. Thought CJ Mosley or Xavier Su'a-Filo (RG) would have been other solid options.

Yeah, but having Sheard didn't stop them from drafting Mingo last year. They're both more of an under WOLB. Kruger only had 4 1/2 sacks last year. Also Ealy played a lot of DT at Missouri too.  He can play SOLB and or 5T. He helps brings versatility where they didn't have any.  If he's the next Aldon Smith he's worth the pick. Had a great pro day. Seattle built their D having multiple rotational pass rushers, Jets built their D drafting Mo, Coples and Richarson.

Ok, maybe I got too cute and outthought myself. But It's just a pick I could see happening if he was still there. I dunno lol. 

Kill JiF

Hey we did make almost 20 picks without double up already.

Hurry up so I can draft Mike Evans

Dudes, I've had happy hours that past 2 nights with some clients who are in town that quite honestly, can drink me under the table.  I'm holding on by a thread each ******* day...so I ****ed up.  GFY's. 

Dudes, I've had happy hours that past 2 nights with some clients who are in town that quite honestly, can drink me under the table. I'm holding on by a thread each ******* day...so I ****ed up. GFY's.

Is there such thing as a "happy hour" in Jacksonville?

Archived