Accepting reality

AFJF

I'm still going to root for the Jets despite the fact that they are run by morally bankrupt piles of $h!t.  Nothing I can do about it other than hope for the worst for Vick and the clowns in charge of this circus.  Not signing Revis makes even less sense now.  If they were going to completely ignore the fact that a player is a sack of $h!t, should've brought back a good one.

Well said sir.  Glad to see all the mod warnings about being respectful are being adhered to.

He told you to relax. Not really all that disrespectful. The internet is serious business. And the problem with Revis is his holdouts and financial demands. We aren't opposed to taking on guys who are supposedly with bad attitude.

Your post is disrespectful. Hoping Vick gets hurt? Please....

My apologies, I didn't see the mods requesting we not be disrespectful toward the players, just each other.  My bad.

He told you to relax. Not really all that disrespectful. The internet is serious business. And the problem with Revis is his holdouts and financial demands. We aren't opposed to taking on guys who are supposedly with bad attitude.

Right, I'm sure when somebody tells  you "get a ******* grip" you take it as quite a mature request to calm down.

Revis' financial demands were in line with the current market.  Nothing like his previous negotiations.  If character was no longer a concern, Jets should have made a phone call to find that out and tremendously improve the roster.

Get a grip. My god. Get off your cross already...rooting for an injury...realllll classy bud.

I'm plenty classy, I just feel like the world is a better place when there is less evil in it.  When I see people commit violent acts for their own amusement, I wish them gone.  It means a safer place for those of us who don't take part in that type of lifestyle.

I'm still going to root for the Jets despite the fact that they are run by morally bankrupt piles of $h!t.  Nothing I can do about it other than hope for the worst for Vick and the clowns in charge of this circus.  Not signing Revis makes even less sense now.  If they were going to completely ignore the fact that a player is a sack of $h!t, should've brought back a good one.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that the Patriots get rid of Mevis at around the trade deadline next season. As far as I'm concerned, moneybags will be nothing more than Albert Haynesworth or Namdi Asomugha, Part II. Getting another quality corner won't be as hard as you think. And why are people so upset with Vick? Yes the dog thing wasn't cool, but he paid his debt and will serve as a mentor to Geno, who has a similar style to Vick.

Get a grip. My god. Get off your cross already...rooting for an injury...realllll classy bud.

You'd hate to hear my thoughts on Jerry Sandusky and Aaron Hernandez, I wish bad things on them too.  I'm so  horrible.

Actually, I'm willing to bet that the Patriots get rid of Mevis at around the trade deadline next season. As far as I'm concerned, moneybags will be nothing more than Albert Haynesworth or Namdi Asomugha, Part II. Getting another quality corner won't be as hard as you think. And why are people so upset with Vick? Yes the dog thing wasn't cool, but he paid his debt and will serve as a mentor to Geno, who has a similar style to Vick.

Depends on how you view his "debt" being paid.  He did time for the financial end of his business.  No punishment for the dog stuff.

I'm plenty classy, I just feel like the world is a better place when there is less evil in it.  When I see people commit violent acts for their own amusement, I wish them gone.  It means a safer place for those of us who don't take part in that type of lifestyle.

I'm more of a forgiving type of guy

Revis' financial demands were in line with the current market.  Nothing like his previous negotiations.  If character was no longer a concern, Jets should have made a phone call to find that out and tremendously improve the roster.

His track record of financial demands hasn't changed. We dealt with it long enough and didn't want to revisit that. Point is, two different issues so your original complaint isn't valid.

I'm more of a forgiving type of guy

I forgive people for mistakes, I don't forgive evil.  If you don't think what he did is evil, then I'm not sure how you would define the word.

I forgive people for mistakes, I don't forgive evil.  If you don't think what he did is evil, then I'm not sure how you would define the word.

Im concerned if he can play football....not judging his past mistakes. 

His track record of financial demands hasn't changed. We dealt with it long enough and didn't want to revisit that. Point is, two different issues so your original complaint isn't valid.

It absolutely changed...during his previous negotiations he was demanding to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.  This time around, he asked to be paid slightly more than the players who signed before him.  A fair request for a player of his caliber.

Im concerned if he can play football....not judging his past mistakes. 

Therein lies the problem.  It's like the whole Chris Brown and/or Michael Jackson thing.  If you possess a unique talent that people enjoy watching, you can beat women, share a bed with a little boy, or drown dogs and all will be forgiven because by golly, you're entertaining.  Some of us struggle with that.  I'm not sure you've noticed, but quite a few people who have been following this team for decades, have strong enough moral convictions that this is a tough move to see. 

I know what I don't do, cry for a mod to do something.

Neither would I.  I've never sent a single complaint to a mod.  I have however commented on how unfortunate I think it is that so many people use this great site for free, and regularly $h!t all over the few simple requests that are made by Max and the mods.

Neither would I.  I've never sent a single complaint to a mod.  I have however commented on how unfortunate I think it is that so many people use this great site for free, and regularly $h!t all over the few simple requests that are made by Max and the mods.

lol. You're stretchin'. Site is great, cause its not some pansy affair. And making your requests to mods in public or private.. same thing, buddy. Anyway, please continue.

I'm plenty classy, I just feel like the world is a better place when there is less evil in it. When I see people commit violent acts for their own amusement, I wish them gone. It means a safer place for those of us who don't take part in that type of lifestyle.

^white liberal peta freak

So hate violence, and fight it with more violence. Brilliant, Dr. Jones!

lol. You're stretchin'. Site is great, cause its not some pansy affair. And making your requests to mods in public or private.. same thing, buddy. Anyway, please continue.

I just re-read my post, not a single request in there.  I did mention him being disrespectful to the mods in an attempt to keep the discussion civil.  I realize not everyone is capable of that, but I do like to give them the opportunity.

^white liberal peta freak

Please, those PETA clowns are a waste of space.  I'm not sure what race has to do with it though.  I didn't see it mentioned at all in the thread.

Archived