Epic Win

dbatesman

Not for nothing Max, but all I said originally was that it wasn't a fucking surprise when he mentioned he didn't get all of the Manish hate. 

That made sense to me because the only people who seemingly like Mehta are people who fuel him by hating on the Jets too.  Those are the people Manish targets.

Someone then quoted me saying that SoFlaJets was being a whiner.  That wasn't me.  Then I was met with:

Maybe if I wasn't called a f*cking jerkoff I wouldn't have replied with my smartass Depends comment.  Acting like SoFlaJets is the picture of perfect posters now after he told me to ignore him, after first calling me a f*cking jerkoff, doesn't quite make much sense.  But that seems par for the course lately around here.

I didn't read the whole back story....so it wasn't an indictment of you.  I just meant to say that I liked someone suggesting ignore when there was a problem between two posters.  thanks.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil, if we were really following Seattle's plan, we would have traded for this guy:

Percy Harvin’s days a Minnesota Viking may be numbered.

According to ESPN1500 in Minneapolis, as many as four NFL sources are confirming that Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin had an intense and heated exchange with head coach Leslie Frasier over the decision to place the star on injured reserve last week.

To make matters worse, the report says that Harvin was very public in his fight with Frasier, as it happened in front of various coaches and players in the Vikings locker room.

From Tom Pelissero:

According to four NFL sources, Harvin and Frazier had another heated exchange weeks later in front of some players and staff members, fueling speculation about a deteriorating relationship that could spell the end of Harvin’s four seasons in Minnesota.

The fight occurred over Harvin’s ankle, which he suffered a complete tear in during the Vikings loss back in October to the Seahawks. Apparently Harvin thought he could play, but the Vikings had other plans and team doctors did not support Harvin’s sentiment.

This isn’t the first time Harvin has become a notable problem in the Vikings locker room. He was kicked out of practice in 2010 by Brad Childress who basically accused Harvin of not taking his job seriously. Witnesses to that fight say it spilled over into the weight room and ended when Harvin reportedly threw a weight at former Vikings coach.

Harvin’s fight with Childress came four days after Minnesota unexpectedly cut Randy Moss after trading for him weeks prior.

Back when he played for Florida, Harvin famously failed a drug test for marijuana before the draft and was one of many players named to have undermined Urban Meyer’s final years at Florida. Harvin reportedly chocked receivers coach Billy Gonzalez and threw him to the ground by his neck.

The question now becomes are Harvin’s days in Minnesota numbered. He is entering the final year of his contract next season and has both made himself invaluable to the team while trying his hardest to become expendable thanks to his attitude. The Vikings will have a big decision on their hands this offseason when it comes to hanging on to the former Rookie of the Year or seeing what they can get for him and cutting their ties.

AND

Brandon Pettigrew would be on our team with an 11mil cap hit this year.

AND

A Matt Flynn equivalent would have been traded for as well.

Did they draft well? You bet your ass they did. But I don't think it's an innovation to have a great team by drafting well (and getting a little lucky doesn't hurt)

Luck helps.  And the Jets have none of it.  :)

And for the record, Manish is a total prick. What I have seen of him behind the scenes makes me realize he is a bigger scumbag than he even gets credit for.  His football knowledge is lacking big time as well.

And for the record, Manish is a total prick. What I have seen of him behind the scenes makes me realize he is a bigger scumbag than he even gets credit for.  His football knowledge is lacking big time as well.

Funny but I swear to God, that when i was on Twitter a lot and he had just come aboard as a Jets beat writer I thought he was the best and most accessible one out there, which is why I say that I didn't get the hatred. FTR it should of had nothing to do with how I am perceived by some posters as to what 'type' of Jets fan I am. I'm a Jets fan-I want what we all want-1 thing; to see another Super Bowl-it's that simple and I don't need KSJets commenting on the type of fan that he thinks I am.

Funny but I swear to God, that when i was on Twitter a lot and he had just come aboard as a Jets beat writer I thought he was the best and most accessible one out there, which is why I say that I didn't get the hatred. FTR it should of had nothing to do with how I am perceived by some posters as to what 'type' of Jets fan I am. I'm a Jets fan-I want what we all want-1 thing; to see another Super Bowl-it's that simple and I don't need KSJets commenting on the type of fan that he thinks I am.

Manish underwent a transformation.  At one point, he was really good, but when Cimini left for ESPN and Mehta took over for him at the Daily News, that's when things went downhill.  Personally I think it's the paper more than anything.  They tell him to write crap, and he writes crap.  It's all of the phony stories and made up quotes that piss me off about him the most.  If you try to criticize him on Twitter, he replies with a nasty message which you can't reply to since he's not following you, and then he blocks you.  He didn't start off as a hack, but that's what he's become.

As to that other stuff, check your inbox ;)

Not for anything KS, but you were pretty douchey if you didnt agree with every move Tannenbaum made. Now Idzik's doing the exact opposite and you're riding for him now? Seems a bit blind.

The only time I really get bent out of shape on here is when I read the same posts, from the same people, in every thread, even threads that don't have anything to do with what they're criticizing.  It gets old and tiring.

To be fair, I'm just a dick in general.  Hey, I can admit it.  Believe me, I hold back a lot of what I want to say because I don't want to start a war on here.

Guys can we just leave it at ignore and move on....thanks.  I don't need any more explanations.  I come to this site to get away from real problems so I am not going to concern myself with the back and forth.

Back to Manish....he did start off good. He was resourceful, He seemed to work hard and was good with the fans.  Then some time after he replaced Cimini at the NYDN he became a doosh.  arguing with fans, he comes off like he is full of himself.  And he has so many agendas.  He writes articles that are biased because of his agendas (Greg McElroy).

Back to Manish....he did start off good. He was resourceful, He seemed to work hard and was good with the fans.  Then some time after he replaced Cimini at the NYDN he became a doosh.  arguing with fans, he comes off like he is full of himself.  And he has so many agendas.  He writes articles that are biased because of his agendas (Greg McElroy).

Didn't he start off at the Star Ledger first? I think that's where he started.  I agree, he was much better before the Daily News.  Once it stopped being about the news and turned into a tabloid everything turned to sh*t.

Didn't he start off at the Star Ledger first? I think that's where he started.  I agree, he was much better before the Daily News.  Once it stopped being about the news and turned into a tabloid everything turned to shit.

Yes. I think he replaced Dave Hutchinson at the Star Ledger.

The Star Ledger turns out some good columnists.  We had Conor Orr reporting on the Jets before he switched to the Giants beat.  Basically, whenever there is a good beat writer for the Jets, they either switch to become a Giants' beat writer, or they turn into assclowns like Mehta and Cimini.

I think it's hysterical that we've gone from one extreme to the other. Five years ago we went from Mumbles Junior to Rex and now we've gone from Spend Now Pay Later to Idzik. 

I wish we'd find a middle ground at some point. I just want to live like normal folks, is that too much to ask?

nKMI1uM.gif

Ryan said he "absolutely" thinks Sanchez could still be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

"I think the best judge of quarterbacks is probably their record," Ryan said. "His win-loss record is not by fluke. The guy has talent. The big thing about Mark, when he learns to protect the football better, that's probably the thing that's missing more than anything."

Ryan added: "I think it's good for him that he moves on and he'll have a chance to start again. He had success here. I'm sure he's got some great memories here and some great moments, and that's more than a lot of people can say. ... He had some big wins here, a lot of come-from-behind wins, things like that that he can be really proud of.

Manish underwent a transformation.  At one point, he was really good, but when Cimini left for ESPN and Mehta took over for him at the Daily News, that's when things went downhill.  Personally I think it's the paper more than anything.  They tell him to write crap, and he writes crap.  It's all of the phony stories and made up quotes that piss me off about him the most.  If you try to criticize him on Twitter, he replies with a nasty message which you can't reply to since he's not following you, and then he blocks you.  He didn't start off as a hack, but that's what he's become.

As to that other stuff, check your inbox ;)

That's got to be it, The Daily News is notorious for being a Giants-first Sports Department. You used to be able to see the arrogance (when I had SNY) on the Daily News Live Show. That big fat Tim Smith would sit there with his hands folded on his fat gut espousing all of the greatness that is the New York Giants while Rex Ryan and the Jets were always shown as the upstarts and pretty much a running joke that will always let you down- eventually. True and all but do we really NEED editorializing on every story?

Ryan said he "absolutely" thinks Sanchez could still be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

"I think the best judge of quarterbacks is probably their record," Ryan said. "His win-loss record is not by fluke. The guy has talent. The big thing about Mark, when he learns to protect the football better, that's probably the thing that's missing more than anything."

Ryan added: "I think it's good for him that he moves on and he'll have a chance to start again. He had success here. I'm sure he's got some great memories here and some great moments, and that's more than a lot of people can say. ... He had some big wins here, a lot of come-from-behind wins, things like that that he can be really proud of.

And? 

That's got to be it, The Daily News is notorious for being a Giants-first Sports Department. You used to be able to see the arrogance (when I had SNY) on the Daily News Live Show. That big fat Tim Smith would sit there with his hands folded on his fat gut espousing all of the greatness that is the New York Giants while Rex Ryan and the Jets were always shown as the upstarts and pretty much a running joke that will always let you down- eventually. True and all but do we really NEED editorializing on every story?

I think the issue most on here have with Manish is that back when he was covering the Jets for the Star Ledger, he was fair and even handed, but when he went to the Daily News he morphed into a young, even less football savvy Rich Cimini. 

It's like he went to the Daily News and on his first day Gary Myers sat him down and told him it was company policy to be a complete dick where the Jets are concerned. 

I think the issue most on here have with Manish is that back when he was covering the Jets for the Star Ledger, he was fair and even handed, but when he went to the Daily News he morphed into a young, even less football savvy Rich Cimini. 

It's like he went to the Daily News and on his first day Gary Myers sat him down and told him it was company policy to be a complete dick where the Jets are concerned. 

You see I hadn't realized that he started at The Ledger Joe, Thus my feeling about him at the time that I was heavily on Twitter exclusively for the Jets (unlike now). Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

PR , you're right. The kid seemed to have that special "it". At one time right up until that AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh there was a prevailing feeling among us Jets fans that all Mark Sanchez needed was the ball and to be within striking distance points-wise and he would get it done, and he would WIN THE GAME. I don't know maybe it's the shots he took in that game from James Harrison, shots that he never would have gotten away with had the QBs names have been something other than Sanchez, but the kid lost "it" from that game on.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-rex-ryan-tattoo20140326,0,5252256.story#ixzz2xjAhTB4H

You're absolutely right. This article is responsible for the Holmes, Harris, and Sanchez extensions. It is responsible for drafting Vernon Gholston and Vladimir Ducasse and Dustin Keller and Kyle Wilson. This article is responsible for trading for Tim Tebow and Braylon Edwards. Man, you really hit the nail on the head. I thought I had seen quotes used well before, turns out I was wrong. This analysis is spot on, thorough, and not in any way shape or form a trolling jizzstorm of illogical keyboard diarrhea.

You're absolutely right. This article is responsible for the Holmes, Harris, and Sanchez extensions. It is responsible for drafting Vernon Gholston and Vladimir Ducasse and Dustin Keller and Kyle Wilson. This article is responsible for trading for Tim Tebow and Braylon Edwards. Man, you really hit the nail on the head. I thought I had seen quotes used well before, turns out I was wrong. This analysis is spot on, thorough, and not in any way shape or form a trolling jizzstorm of illogical keyboard diarrhea.

Not to mention the fact that Sanchez being one of the people derailing it is 100% Tanny's fault.

Bought a Ferrari and gave the keys to a chimp.

Dont forget the Revis contract. You remember when he held out and Rex called him the best NFL player that hes ever seen. Im positive that helped Tanny in negotiating his new contract as low as possible. Edwards led the Jets in receiving in 2010. He played good in NY and was cut because of a DUI.

You act like Rex had no say in who was on the team and who was not, or who got money. Rex wanted Sanchez and still is in love with him. Tanny got fired, Schotty got fired, Tony Spa got fired, but old Rex keeps on trucking driving the bus.

The bottom line is that Tanny was part of putting together 2 teams good enough to win a Super Bowl that were done in by Rex and Sanchez.

Not to mention the fact that Sanchez being one of the people derailing it is 100% Tanny's fault.

Bought a Ferrari and gave the keys to a chimp.

Rex wanted Sanchez and was so impressed when all his buddies came out in sneakers and gym shorts to catch passes from Mark when Rex, Tanny and Woody all flew out to see him.

Rex equated that spectacle to leadership.

Dont forget the Revis contract. You remember when he held out and Rex called him the best NFL player that hes ever seen. Im positive that helped Tanny in negotiating his new contract as low as possible. Edwards led the Jets in receiving in 2010. He played good in NY and was cut because of a DUI.

You act like Rex had no say in who was on the team and who was not, or who got money. Rex wanted Sanchez and still is in love with him. Tanny got fired, Schotty got fired, Tony Spa got fired, but old Rex keeps on trucking driving the bus.

The bottom line is that Tanny was part of putting together 2 teams good enough to win a Super Bowl that were done in by Rex and Sanchez.

Actually, Edwards contract expired, he became a free agent and while he was a free agent he got the DUI. So YOU'RE ******* WRONG AS USUAL. 

Dont forget the Revis contract. You remember when he held out and Rex called him the best NFL player that hes ever seen. Im positive that helped Tanny in negotiating his new contract as low as possible.

Exactly. Just look at the masterful ways that the Bucs and Pats avoided having to pay him, all because they don't have big mouths like Rex.

Edwards led the Jets in receiving in 2010. He played good in NY and was cut because of a DUI.

Braylon Edwards was 33rd in DYAR and 42nd in DVOA in 2010. He wasn't cut, he simply wasn't resigned, and it was because he wasn't very good. The Jets traded Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnick, and 3rd and 5th round picks for him. By every single measuring stick for years and production given after the move, that is not a good trade.

I've said nothing of the sort. You're acting as though the Jets have the same front office arrangement as the Pats. They don't and the way it works on this team - excepting 5th round fullbacks - is that the GM does and always has had the final say during Rex's tenure. Sorry, that's a fact.

And after those two runs, every single move that was made administratively absolutely murdered the chances of ever making it back again. You are absolutely clueless about what happened with this franchise if you're arguing otherwise. The funny thing is that I hate Rex, it's just that everything you're saying here is such a horrifically stupid and failed attempt at trolling that I can't help myself.

Seriously, just stop it already. You clearly do not follow this franchise closely enough to know what you're talking about and are just pulling a narrative out of your ass right now.

We have missed you and your hat.

Exactly. Just look at the masterful ways that the Bucs and Pats avoided having to pay him, all because they don't have big mouths like Rex.

Braylon Edwards was 33rd in DYAR and 42nd in DVOA in 2010. He wasn't cut, he simply wasn't resigned, and it was because he wasn't very good. The Jets traded Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnick, and 3rd and 5th round picks for him. By every single measuring stick for years and production given after the move, that is not a good trade.

I've said nothing of the sort. You're acting as though the Jets have the same front office arrangement as the Pats. They don't and the way it works on this team - excepting 5th round fullbacks - is that the GM does and always has had the final say during Rex's tenure. Sorry, that's a fact.

And after those two runs, every single move that was made administratively absolutely murdered the chances of ever making it back again. You are absolutely clueless about what happened with this franchise if you're arguing otherwise. The funny thing is that I hate Rex, it's just that everything you're saying here is such a horrifically stupid and failed attempt at trolling that I can't help myself.

Seriously, just stop it already. You clearly do not follow this franchise closely enough to know what you're talking about and are just pulling a narrative out of your ass right now.

Rex wanted Revis back and Tanny made it happen.

This time, Rex wanted Revis back and Idzk said no. I suppose if Tanny had told Rex no and the Jets lost, he still would have been fired.

OK, Edwards was let go because of the DUI. Not because of poor play. He had 7 TDs and 900 yards. The 2nd best season of his career. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaBr00.htm Stuckey and Trunsik never did a thing and the only reason why the loss of draft picks stings is because Edwards was let go after year 2 with NY. Sanchez clearly missed Edwards after he was let go.

Talk about pulling things out of your axx. 900 yards and 7 TDs isnt playing good? HA HA

I follow the Jets close enough. I know that Schotty took the fall for Sanchez and that Tanny took the blame for Rex.

Rex wanted Revis back and Tanny made it happen.

This time, Rex wanted Revis back and Idzk said no. I suppose if Tanny had told Rex no and the Jets lost, he still would have been fired.

OK, Edwards was let go because of the DUI. Not because of poor play. He had 7 TDs and 900 yards. The 2nd best season of his career. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaBr00.htm Stuckey and Trunsik never did a thing and the only reason why the loss of draft picks stings is because Edwards was let go after year 2 with NY. Sanchez clearly missed Edwards after he was let go.

Talk about pulling things out of your axx. 900 yards and 7 TDs isnt playing good? HA HA

I follow the Jets close enough. I know that Schotty took the fall for Sanchez and that Tanny took the blame for Rex.

1. Revis was under contract and held out for more money. Tanny signed him to an extension. You're a blockhead. 

2. Revis is widely considered the best cover corner in the NFL. EVERY defensive minded coach wanted him so of course Rex wanted him. Wanting him and realistically thinking you are going to sign him are two different things. You're a simpleton. 

3. Edwards' contract expired and he wasn't re-signed. Santonio Holmes contract expired at the same time. At the time it was widely believe the Jets could only re-sign one of them.  The DUI happened AFTER that and had literally no bearing on the Jets decision to not re-sign Edwards at that time. You're a bonehead.

4. No one remotely suggested that 900 yards and 7 TDs "wasn't playing good." It was suggested that the value the Jets got was not worth the price they paid. You're a nitwit.

5. Based on your posting history you follow the Jets only by reading ESPN's coverage provided by Rich Cimini and you only do that through Pats colored lenses. You're a nincompoop. 

Archived