Dolphins Beat Pats!!!

SoFlaJets

Yep, a left guard is a game-changing position.

BTW, Mankins left the game in the 1st quarter yesterday with a hyper-extended knee injury. He did not return to the game.

It so not a game changing position. I always wonder why they pay millions to players to play that position. Just eliminate it. Really think about it whats the point in protecting a QB anyways.

That's so true. If Mankins left the game in the 1st quarter yesterday in the Bucs game means that he would have left the game in first quarter at the exact same moment no matter where he was playing. Beli is a genius. Bullet dodged.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly how. Was he suppose to run block and protect Brady?? It came down to the players making plays and they didn't.

How come when the players play well, the praise gets heaped upon Belli ... But when the players don't play well, he gets no blame?

You must be slurpin' down the "Bill is genius, everything he does should go unquestioned" kool-aid.

Yep, a left guard is a game-changing position.

BTW, Mankins left the game in the 1st quarter yesterday with a hyper-extended knee injury. He did not return to the game.

Mankins got hurt. Good thing Bill saw it coming and traded him away, compromising the chemistry of the offensive line and putting the guy that made his career at risk.

Good thing.

Genius.

Gee. Nee. Us.

It so not a game changing position. I always wonder why they pay millions to players to play that position. Just eliminate it. Really think about it whats the point in protecting a QB anyways.

That's so true. If Mankins left the game in the 1st quarter yesterday in the Bucs game means that he would have left the game in first quarter at the exact same moment no matter where he was playing. Beli is a genius. Bullet dodged.

Mankins is a game-changing player. 

We saw it when he was hurt a season or so ago. The Pats had no run game, and struggled to protect Brady. Mankins came back, and so did the dominance of their entire OL. The run game became a huge part of the offense for that season, and obvious Brady benefited as much from staying upright as he does from them cheating.

It was a foolish and stupid decision to trade Mankins away when they did. They went all-in during FA to buy a ring, and they were too cheap to pay Mankins probably $1-2m more than they think he's worth. They traded Seymour too soon. Ty Law. Welker too, had he been there last year, they might have been able to get over the hump. 

Bill is NOT a good GM. This is what it all boils down to.

First of all Tom Brady is not Peyton Manning. While he may have the championships, Manning might go down as possibly the best QB to ever play the game which Brady is not. John Elway had a great team help him get this two rings. You do remember Terrell Davis right? My overall point is that Brady is not the same QB. I think he will be average this season. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it when tools like you make these massive declarations  of fact like just because they say it, it means it's true. You can cry all you like but Brady is and always will be considered one of the greats of the game and yes like Montana many will believe he is the greatest to ever play. That wont change because of the opinion of some bitter jealous Jet fan who probably believes Geno Smith going to be great. Enjoy your opening day win, it's likely you won't see another until mid season.

We saw it when he was hurt a season or so ago. The Pats had no run game, and struggled to protect Brady. Mankins came back, and so did the dominance of their entire OL. The run game became a huge part of the offense for that season, and obvious Brady benefited as much from staying upright as he does from them cheating.

It was a foolish and stupid decision to trade Mankins away when they did. They went all-in during FA to buy a ring, and they were too cheap to pay Mankins probably $1-2m more than they think he's worth. They traded Seymour too soon. Ty Law. Welker too, had he been there last year, they might have been able to get over the hump. 

You do realize i was being sarcastic in my response.

Belichick's arrogance prevents him from being a good GM. He thinks he can literally coach up anyone - even Rutgers benchwarmers.

I love it when tools like you make these massive declarations  of fact like just because they say it, it means it's true. You can cry all you like but Brady is and always will be considered one of the greats of the game and yes like Montana many will believe he is the greatest to ever play. That wont change because of some bitter jealous opinion of a Jet fan who probably believes Geno Smith going to be great. Enjoy your opening day win, it's likely you won't see another until mid season.

LEAVE TOM BRADY ALONE!!!!

tom-brady.jpg

I love it when tools like you make these massive declarations  of fact like just because they say it, it means it's true. You can cry all you like but Brady is and always will be considered one of the greats of the game and yes like Montana many will believe he is the greatest to ever play. That wont change because of the opinion of some bitter jealous Jet fan who probably believes Geno Smith going to be great. Enjoy your opening day win, it's likely you won't see another until mid season.

Bold. Just did what you called him a tool for doing. 

Good job you ******* moron.

Please, please, please keep posting.

I think you are our good luck charm.

Mankins got hurt. Good thing Bill saw it coming and traded him away, compromising the chemistry of the offensive line and putting the guy that made his career at risk.

Good thing.

Genius.

Gee. Nee. Us.

Your argument actually works, today, but what exactly will you say in 10 weeks when the Patriots are leading the AFC east and the Jet have 3 wins? What will you say then?

Your argument actually works, today, but what exactly will you say in 10 weeks when the Patriots are leading the AFC east and the Jet have 3 wins? What will you say then?

My "argument" isn't an argument. It's an opinion, informed by watching Bill make bad GM decisions over the past decade or so. Not informed by yesterday's game. 

Whereas your response is just informed by stupidity.

I don't know but of your panties get this twisted over one loss will be fun to see your head explode if the Pats aren't leading the AFC East on 10 weeks.

Because we all know when Brady's run is over, when the Pats become the Bills, you'll be long gone.

I love it when tools like you make these massive declarations of fact like just because they say it, it means it's true. You can cry all you like but Brady is and always will be considered one of the greats of the game and yes like Montana many will believe he is the greatest to ever play. That wont change because of the opinion of some bitter jealous Jet fan who probably believes Geno Smith going to be great. Enjoy your opening day win, it's likely you won't see another until mid season.

First of all don't call me a tool. You don't know me and I'm not one of these guys that will go around calling people names or putting a label on someone. I'm here to talk football. Second, what I've stated is my opinion and it does have merit behind it. The MVPs and records he has backs me up. If you don't like that opinion I respect that. Just please let me know why you think Tom is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but of your panties get this twisted over one loss will be fun to see your head explode if the Pats aren't leading the AFC East on 10 weeks.

Because we all know when Brady's run is over, when the Pats become the Bills, you'll be long gone.

Please, twisted? not really, opening games are rarely indicative a teams performance over the season. Odds are great that a week from now Jets fans will be talking about benching Geno. That's football

Please, twisted? not really, opening games are rarely indicative a teams performance over the season. Odds are great that a week from now Jets fans will be talking about benching Geno. That's football

Twisted.

Defending the pats and their players. Off a game that you then try to convince us was meaningless. And one game means nothing. And who cares, there are Jets issues to talk about. Because while the Pats game was one of 16 the Jets apparently play a 1 game schedule and their one win is much more of an issue than the Pats loss. Geno's ever improving play proves he'll need to be benched while Brady's downward play just provides more proof that Geno will be on the bench.

Explain how the odds will go up a week from now that Geno will be benched? Because of Rodgers?

oh no you guys are really telling me, the way you keep bring up my typos, wow I do not know how I could ever recover. Too bad for you and the rest of the jets fans bothered by my existence. I AM GOING NO WHERE, so get use to me.

Being illiterate isn't a typo.

How come when the players play well, the praise gets heaped upon Belli ... But when the players don't play well, he gets no blame?

You must be slurpin' down the "Bill is genius, everything he does should go unquestioned" kool-aid.

I do not know, you're gonna have to discuss that with the ones that "praise BB for everything" all I know is what my eyes tell me. Yesterday's game had nothing to do with the Xs and Os.

Matt Hasselbeck came on the  radio and said the same thing. It had nothing to do with the Xs and Os,

also Mankins not being there had nothing to do with the lost either. He said Mankins would not have been guarding Cameron Wake, so having Mankins would not of changed a thing.

oh no you guys are really telling me, the way you keep bring up my typos, wow I do not know how I could ever recover. Too bad for you and the rest of the jets fans bothered by my existence. I AM GOING NO WHERE, so get use to me.

Brady is a great QB and the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since they got caught cheating.

Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace spoils Darrelle Revis' New England Patriots debut

By Kevin Duffy | krduffy@masslive.com

Follow on Twitter

on September 07, 2014 at 5:43 PM, updated September 07, 2014 at 6:44 PM

MIAMI GARDENS — Darrelle Revis said he got a hand on it, the Ryan Tannehill strike that would finally draw Miami even and send the Patriots back on their heels.

“I actually knocked the pass down and thought it popped up like the post he ran earlier,” Revis said. “My teammates were telling me it hit his knee and popped back into his hands…Sometimes it happens like that.”

That play, a 14-yard scoring connection between Tannehill and Mike Wallace, proved to be the equalizer, knotting this season opener at 20 apiece. Of course, it would spiral out of control shortly afterward and Darrelle Revis’ big debut would become an afternoon for New England to forget.

“It’s tough,” Revis said. “We have high expectations here as a defense and we didn’t like what happened today.”

Widely regarded as the league’s best shutdown corner, Revis spent much of the day on Mike Wallace. And the speedster often got the best of him. Wallace finished with seven catches for 81 yards and the touchdown on 11 targets.

On the final play of the first quarter, Revis gave Wallace room in man coverage, resulting in a 22-yard completion across the middle. Wallace also beat Revis on a double-move with 4:00 remaining in the first half; he caught the ball along the sideline in the endzone, but was unable to get a second foot inbounds. It would have been a 33-yard touchdown. Instead, Miami, trailing 17-7, settled for a field goal.

In the fourth quarter, on a 3rd-and-12, Revis timed a Wallace route perfectly and broke up a pass that would have gone for a first down. It proved to be his last break-up of the game. When the Dolphins were salting it away, keeping Tom Brady on the sidelines, they were throwing at Malcom Butler and Alfonzo Dennard. New England’s Pro Bowl cornerback was on the sidelines with an apparent cramp in his left leg.

“Very frustrating,” he said. “I couldn’t be out there to help the team out in desperation mode.”

On the six-minute drive that broke the Patriots, Tannehill completed a pair of third-down conversions to Dennard’s man — first a 9-yard out to Brandon Gibson and then a 17-yarder to Wallace.

“They ran a lot of crossing routes, coming from both sides,” Revis said. “You try and rub a corner or safety…(Charles) Clay ran a number of them and caught the ball and Mike Wallace as well. We have to make corrections and have to go back to the drawing board and see what we can do next time we play them.”

Aside from covering Wallace, Revis also spent minimal time on Clay and Brian Hartline. When asked if he had been cramping, he said “yeah,” but preferred to label it “minor injuries.”

“I’m fine,” he said. “There was some minor stuff going on but I’m fine.”

I do not know, you're gonna have to discuss that with the ones that "praise BB for everything" all I know is what my eyes tell me. Yesterday's game had nothing to do with the Xs and Os.

Matt Hasselbeck came on the  radio and said the same thing. It had nothing to do with the Xs and Os,

also Mankins not being there had nothing to do with the lost either. He said Mankins would not have been guarding Cameron Wake, so having Mankins would not of changed a thing.

Hasselbeck is wrong.

If Mankins is there, they can change their entire protection scheme. No, he may not have been directing guarding Wake, but you can bet your ass that a probowl guard would have enabled them to scheme better and not let Wake blow their offense up.

Your eyes apparently don't understand anything about football.

Archived