My fav. quote from Rex's presser

Jetfan13

I loved Rex in his presser yesterday.  Some of the same old bravado we have come to expect, but he wasn't sugarcoating things either.  We usually hear the same old stuff after a win -- wasn't pretty but we'll take it -- thats a real good football team over in the other locker room, etc.  But not yesterday, I love the fact that he acknowledged the mistakes.  We should have won that game easily and we didn't and Rex admitted as much.  A win is still a win, and 1-0 as is good as you can be right now, but this team needs to cut down on the mistakes and it was great the hear Rex acknowledge it.  

Now, if we can actually fix them for next week it will be that much better.

I loved Rex in his presser yesterday.  Some of the same old bravado we have come to expect, but he wasn't sugarcoating things either.  We usually hear the same old stuff after a win -- wasn't pretty but we'll take it -- thats a real good football team over in the other locker room, etc.  But not yesterday, I love the fact that he acknowledged the mistakes.  We should have won that game easily and we didn't and Rex admitted as much.  A win is still a win, and 1-0 as is good as you can be right now, but this team needs to cut down on the mistakes and it was great the hear Rex acknowledge it.  

Now, if we can actually fix them for next week it will be that much better.

If the Jets capitalized on all those missed opportunities, they blow the Raiders out scoring well into the 30's. 

- Salas dropped TD

- Geno pick to Woodson when they couldnt be stopped

- Fumble on the 2

- Pryor dropped pick 6

- Geno taking the sack out of FG range

21+ points easily left on the board.  The good thing is, the plays where there to make.  And in week 1 if you leave a couple on the field, thats alright. Capitalize next week and the Jets are going to be hard to beat.

If the Jets capitalized on all those missed opportunities, they blow the Raiders out scoring well into the 30's. 

- Salas dropped TD

- Geno pick to Woodson when they couldnt be stopped

- Fumble on the 2

- Pryor dropped pick 6

- Geno taking the sack out of FG range

21+ points easily left on the board.  The good thing is, the plays where there to make.  And in week 1 if you leave a couple on the field, thats alright. Capitalize next week and the Jets are going to be hard to beat.

I agree with you (and I can't believe that I am agreeing with a guy with a Florida Gator sig).

Yesterday's game gave us a glimpse into how good this team can be, but how bad this team can be also.  Completely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, Geno was accurate, threw the ball downfield, Chris and Chris were awesome in the backfield, front 7 forced a lot of quick throws and the secondary kept the plays in front of them (all accept for the TD to Jones late which was a great catch in tight coverage).

We also saw a lot of what could keep this team from being a contender, dropped TD pass, two dropped picks, stupid penalties, not forcing turnovers, awful sack and questionable play calling in the red zone.

For now, I am going to view the glass as half full, hope we clean up the mistakes and shock the Packers in Lambeau.

I agree with you (and I can't believe that I am agreeing with a guy with a Florida Gator sig).

Yesterday's game gave us a glimpse into how good this team can be, but how bad this team can be also.  Completely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, Geno was accurate, threw the ball downfield, Chris and Chris were awesome in the backfield, front 7 forced a lot of quick throws and the secondary kept the plays in front of them (all accept for the TD to Jones late which was a great catch in tight coverage).

We also saw a lot of what could keep this team from being a contender, dropped TD pass, two dropped picks, stupid penalties, not forcing turnovers, awful sack and questionable play calling in the red zone.

For now, I am going to view the glass as half full, hope we clean up the mistakes and shock the Packers in Lambeau.

Am I being overly optimistic here?  I really look at the glass as half full.  Yes we made mistakes but in the bigger picture, the Jets gave the Raiders a beat down.  I know the Raiders aren't a great team but it's still a good sign to see our team "impose their will".  I feel like we have a real shot to win in Green Bay.

Yesterday's game gave us a glimpse into how good this team can be, but how bad this team can be also. Completely controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, Geno was accurate, threw the ball downfield, Chris and Chris were awesome in the backfield, front 7 forced a lot of quick throws and the secondary kept the plays in front of them (all accept for the TD to Jones late which was a great catch in tight coverage).

Just noticed your Avatar, haha. How in love are you with Todd Gurley?

This was very well said, you saw the good and the bad. Young teams, like the Jets, are going to have up and down games like you saw. Once they start learning how to close on the big play opportunities, I think they can play with anyone. Maybe not beat anyone, not just yet, but definitely give a tough damn game...especially if they can continue to control the LOS the way the did yesterday.

Am I being overly optimistic here?  I really look at the glass as half full.  Yes we made mistakes but in the bigger picture, the Jets gave the Raiders a beat down.  I know the Raiders aren't a great team but it's still a good sign to see our team "impose their will".  I feel like we have a real shot to win in Green Bay.

Sitting 1-0, is a good time to be optimistic.  A lot of good yesterday, and some bad.  I agree -- I think we have a real shot against the Packers -- especially considering how banged up they are in the trenches.  It should be an interesting game since our strengths line up against their weaknesses and their strengths line up against ours.

Howard laughed at the idea of being singled out in Richardson's calendar.

"I'll be looking forward to it, we'll see," Howard said. "They're a good group of guys. Relationships aside, I know they're going to come out to play and that's going to be likewise on our side as well."

During training camp, Howard declined to address the opener against his former team and even now he is going out of his way to not make it bigger than it has to be.

"Obviously this game is going to mean a little bit more to me with the history I have with the team," Howard said. "With that being said, one thing I have noticed and have come to realize is you have to show up to play every game. You can't go out more amped up for one game than you are another."

Just noticed your Avatar, haha. How in love are you with Todd Gurley?

This was very well said, you saw the good and the bad. Young teams, like the Jets, are going to have up and down games like you saw. Once they start learning how to close on the big play opportunities, I think they can play with anyone. Maybe not beat anyone, not just yet, but definitely give a tough damn game...especially if they can continue to control the LOS the way the did yesterday.

There are only two things that could keep Gurley from making a serious run at the Heisman -- injury and Coach Richt's running back by committee approach.  Not complaining as I think it helps keep him fresh in the 4th quarter to help close out games.

Barring injury, I expect him to end the 1st round RB drought in the upcoming draft.

There are only two things that could keep Gurley from making a serious run at the Heisman -- injury and Coach Richt's running back by committee approach.  Not complaining as I think it helps keep him fresh in the 4th quarter to help close out games.

Barring injury, I expect him to end the 1st round RB drought in the upcoming draft.

Agreed 100%.  And that NFL team is going to be very lucky.  Kids amazing.  

Archived