EJ Manuel benched for Orton (merged)

Section 333

Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone announced Monday that Kyle Orton will be the team's Week 5 starting quarterback, benching EJ Manuel.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403000/article/bills-marrone-kyle-orton-to-start-week-5-ej-manuel-benched

so jealous of bills fans right now. in other news sammy watkins stock gonna soar on my fantasy team!

The Bills have benched E.J. Manuel for Kyle Orton.

After a seemingly promising 2-0 start where Buffalo "hid" Manuel by playing good defense and featuring the run game, the bottom fell out on E.J. the past two weeks. Through four weeks, he had completed just 58 percent of his passes with a 6.40 yards-per-attempt average. He took five sacks the past two weeks and threw a pair of interceptions in Sunday's loss to the Texans. Already 24 years old, Manuel is clearly best suited as an NFL backup. He often lacked confidence and poise on the field, and accuracy was always a major issue for Manuel dating back to his time at Florida State. Orton will be utilized similarly, as a game manager. He's worth grabbing as a low-ceiling option in two-quarterback leagues. We do suspect Orton gives Buffalo a better chance at feeding Sammy Watkinsarrow-10x10.png the rock than Manuel did.

We're getting the garbage and they're getting the hot garbage.

I disagree. Geno can make plays and the turnovers kill him. EJ can't make the plays Geno can make. Either way we are talking about garbage so what does it matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're jealous of a franchise that is about to move to kyle orton?

always liked orton a lot actually. thought he got a raw deal everywhere he has been. he was a game manager plus, which in my mind makes him about average for an nfl starter, and an underrated player. who knows if he has lost some game in the last couple years.

always liked orton a lot actually. thought he got a raw deal everywhere he has been. he was a game manager plus, which in my mind makes him about average for an nfl starter, and an underrated player. who knows if he has lost some game in the last couple years.

Think about why he's been on so many teams and that kind of answers itself.

Think about why he's been on so many teams and that kind of answers itself.

i said i thought he was under rated, not joe montana. and getting bounced from team to team was part of the raw deal i was referring to. remember he filled in admirably for  injured rex grossman then rex came back and he was benched despite winning something like 8 games out of 9 and getting to playoffs, then he went to denver, i believe after cutler went to chicago, and also played some decent ball before tebow time, then sat behind romo a couple years. probably screwing up the timeline. i actually am looking forward to seeing him play. oh and he also loves jack daniels and looks like a homeless person. double win.

medium_orton0301.jpg?w=500

i said i thought he was under rated, not joe montana. and getting bounced from team to team was part of the raw deal i was referring to. remember he filled in admirably for  injured rex grossman then rex came back and he was benched despite winning something like 8 games out of 9 and getting to playoffs, then he went to denver, i believe after cutler went to chicago, and also played some decent ball before tebow time, then sat behind romo a couple years. probably screwing up the timeline. i actually am looking forward to seeing him play. oh and he also loves jack daniels and looks like a homeless person. double win.

His run of nice games in Chicago was like 10 years ago. He hasn't started more than 5 games in the past four years. His career numbers are very Geno Smith-esque. 

He hasn't gotten a raw deal. He just hasn't been all that good.

His run of nice games in Chicago was like 10 years ago. He hasn't started more than 5 games in the past four years. His career numbers are very Geno Smith-esque. 

He hasn't gotten a raw deal. He just hasn't been all that good.

maybe not, i still always liked him. will be fun to see him play again. think you're off a bit on the geno comparisons though. career td/int is 83/59. if jets got that out of a qb we'd be all over his jock lol

You're the one that said "if either was good, they've be given starting jobs".

Don't blame me if you don't understand the logic implied by your own statement.

Either you are dumb or just playing dumb. You know exactly what I meant. They both went into the season as the backup. Since I do not think you are dumb, why do u feel the need to be so antagonistic? ?

Either you are dumb or just playing dumb. You know exactly what I meant. They both went into the season as the backup. Since I do not think you are dumb, why do u feel the need to be so antagonistic? ?

every year there are teams that want to try out high upside youngsters over known quantity veterans; the best 32 QBs in the league never correlate exactly to the 32 starters.

every year there are teams that want to try out high upside youngsters over known quantity veterans; the best 32 QBs in the league never correlate exactly to the 32 starters.

While this does happen, mostly the high upside youngster could sit behind either of these 2 guys if the teams felt that either game them a legit chance to win now.

While this does happen, mostly the high upside youngster could sit behind either of these 2 guys if the teams felt that either game them a legit chance to win now.

teams are often wrong, and if adults are in charge, they can admit it and make a switch. hell buffalo has a better record than us, used an earlier pick on EJ, and made the move. vick/orton probably about a push. i might give the edge to orton (less mistake prone) but probably half the people feel the other way.

Bortles and Bridgewater are only starting because of injuries. I truly believe that if teams thought Vick or Orton could give them a legit shot to win then they would have signed them. Orton has barely played in the last 3 years. And when Vick played he was at times dynamic but a turnover machine much like the one we want to see benched.

Bortles and Bridgewater are only starting because of injuries. I truly believe that if teams thought Vick or Orton could give them a legit shot to win then they would have signed them. Orton has barely played in the last 3 years. And when Vick played he was at times dynamic but a turnover machine much like the one we want to see benched.

congratulations, you have proven that teams can make mistakes.

Archived