Mehta: Jets Should Bench Geno Smith

flgreen

I gave up on Geno with this movie/lying about the movie thing. It's one thing to be a struggling, young QB, but it's another thing to be an oblivious douche. It wouldn't bother me if he got cut in-season.

This.  Geno has the arm to be good, but this year I wanted to see the MIND required to be great.  

• Sanchez drew moustaches on pictures and he filled cars with packing peanuts -- proving to all that he's a walking Mentos commercial.
  • Geno goes to a matinee without thinking he might have an appointment with the team paying him a zillion dollars.  Sorry brother, but you ain't got the horsepower upstairs to read a defense and make complicated decisions in 1.5 seconds.

I hate Mehta with a passion, he's a sh*t writer and more of a tabloid journalist than a beat guy, but what exactly is he wrong about in this article? Geno has played and acted like a jackass this season. The fact that he's keeping his job is dumb and typical unaccountable Jets. He absolutely should be benched.

I also don't agree with the notion that Idzik is pulling the strings with sh*t like this. This is exactly how Rex handled Sanchez and Holmes. Act however you want. Play however you want. There will never be any repercussions because I believe and stuff.

Mehta is a jerk 9 times out of 10 but this article is dead on. There's no reason to keep playing Geno. Hoping he gets better? cmon. 

Agreed. Geno is not good. Geno was never a guy in college you saw play and said'Wow, he's gonna be a great pro." The scouts who thought this clown is an NFL QB are the ones who should be gone. Who are these incompetents gonna give us next, Gary Nova from Rutgers? 

I gave up on Geno with this movie/lying about the movie thing. It's one thing to be a struggling, young QB, but it's another thing to be an oblivious douche. It wouldn't bother me if he got cut in-season.

please don't give up on me

i will do better i will

i went to see benji with my sick great grandmother and my dying dog

please forgive me 

When he's got decker in, he can actually move the ball but yeah. Geno sucks.

That's the reason they're giving Geno another chance.  They stuck with him last year because they knew there was one professional quality WR, Kerley, and nobody else.  And Kerley works best as a number 2 who kills you when you're worrying about the #1 WR.  So they get Decker, and draft 4 WRs late in a draft full of them.  The plan was Decker #1, best rookie #2, and Kerley in the slot.  What happens?  None of the four rooks work out and Decker gets hurt.  Leaving us back to last year except with Amaro coming along, at least.  Add a line who isn't blocking anyone-total jailbreak-and you have two QBs running for their life all game long.

Only smart thing to do is to pick your ass up and try again next week.  You can't blame that game on any one player at all.

Vick had ONE job: be prepared. and he wasn't. Smith may suck because he sucks but that makes me significantly less angry than the guy who didn't do his ONE JOB.

Maybe if Marty prepared his backup qb a little better than giving him 1 series with the starters all summer because he was worried about his starting QB fragile psyche.  As the famous Doyle said about Carl...he's already off balance....

Archived