2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

That's the thing. Even when he tries to find someone to balance out his stupidity, he fails at that. You think he's still going to be willing to sit on the bench after Phil ******* Jackson sh*ts the bed? No chance. We are ****ed, my friend. Royally ****ed.

Crap, it sucks when you speak the truth.

Anyway, the rumors now is that Aldridge is open to leaving Portland.  How about an offseason with him as a FA and Mudiay as the 1st rounder?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap, it sucks when you speak the truth.

Anyway, the rumors now is that Aldridge is open to leaving Portland.  How about an offseason with him as a FA and Mudiay as the 1st rounder?

I like Aldridge but he's going to get overpaid and we lost that luxury when we gave up Chandler's expiring deal for the corpse of Jose Calderon. I'd rather have Monroe anyways.

Pass on Mundlay, the Knicks absolutely have to hit on whomever they draft this year and he's too hit or miss. The dude has some serious issues with his J and that's not the sort of thing that gets hashed out quickly. I dunno, the NBA draft is odd. I wouldn't want to be drafting 3rd or 4th this year at all. Neither of the PGs do much for me. Winslow and WCS check out fine on paper and on the court so I'm not sure why it's made out to be like the drop is that far off after Russell/Mundlay, but wtf do I know.

I'm still dreaming of top 2. Knicks have a 38.7% chance of landing top 2. They had a 46.5% chance of landing top 2 if they had the worst record. That's only a 7.8% chance difference.

Until Knicks-life does something awful again, I'll continue to dream.

Top 3 pick is gravy for Knicks. D'angelo Russell is going to kill it in the nba he fits exactly what today's game is all about spacing and 3-pointers.

I like Aldridge but he's going to get overpaid and we lost that luxury when we gave up Chandler's expiring deal for the corpse of Jose Calderon. I'd rather have Monroe anyways.

Pass on Mundlay, the Knicks absolutely have to hit on whomever they draft this year and he's too hit or miss. The dude has some serious issues with his J and that's not the sort of thing that gets hashed out quickly. I dunno, the NBA draft is odd. I wouldn't want to be drafting 3rd or 4th this year at all. Neither of the PGs do much for me. Winslow and WCS check out fine on paper and on the court so I'm not sure why it's made out to be like the drop is that far off after Russell/Mundlay, but wtf do I know.

The most realistic targets in FA are Rajon Rondo and Roy Hibbert. Mavericks aren't resigning Rondo so it's either Knicks or lakers for him. Hibbert would give us another good defensive big man like Chandler and I don't think he wants to stay with the pacers plus he's from NY.

Aldridge is a great player but I don't think teaming him with Melo would work. They both use the same parts of the floor on offense and need the ball in their hands.

The most realistic targets in FA are Rajon Rondo and Roy Hibbert. Mavericks aren't resigning Rondo so it's either Knicks or lakers for him. Hibbert would give us another good defensive big man like Chandler and I don't think he wants to stay with the pacers plus he's from NY.

Aldridge is a great player but I don't think teaming him with Melo would work. They both use the same parts of the floor on offense and need the ball in their hands.

**** Rondo. He's the last guy I want on this team. LaMarcus is a manimal, but you're right in that he wouldn't fit here. 

From New York?  Hibbert went to Georgetown Prep.  He moved to PG County when he was like two years old.  I don't think he is looking to play for the Knicks anymore than Jordan would have.  More likely he'd want to join the Bullets... oops, Wizards

Rondo just didn't gel with that team but he can still play and we need a pg bad.

He didn't gel with any of the Boston teams either unless he had KG there ready to kick his ass if he stepped out of line. He's just not a good teammate, and if his on-ball defense and shooting were even average, it might make up for it. But they don't. 

I'd like Hibbert if Knicks miss on Towns/Okafor.  Hibbert and Russell would be a good FA/draft offseason.

I think Melo has to be the 4 going forward.  With that, if Jax has any brains (questionable) he should also push to sign Kawhi Leonard as a RFA and have him at the 3.

The problem with Monroe is that he's slow as sh*t and doesn't play D.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is my bday and I was kinda feeling good about things ... until I saw this news.

It's unfathomable.  I blame Jax for this happening.  If he wasn't absolutely awful at his job Isiah couldn't have used his claws to get himself back in.  

Tomorrow is my bday and I was kinda feeling good about things ... until I saw this news.

It's unfathomable.  I blame Jax for this happening.  If he wasn't absolutely awful at his job Isiah couldn't have used his claws to get himself back in.  

Phil was given about as much control over this operation as Idzik was. Actually, probably less.

And Herb Williams is finally back too!

Phil was given about as much control over this operation as Idzik was. Actually, probably less.

Wait, what?  Are you saying that Jax didn't have control over personnel decisions?  Are you some Jax apologist?  He was dreadful in all his decisions.

He's getting $12 million A YEAR and you're saying he's not making decisions?  

Wait, what?  Are you saying that Jax didn't have control over personnel decisions?  Are you some Jax apologist?  He was dreadful in all his decisions.

Jax wanted a full house-cleaning and was strong armed by Jimmy. He wanted his own medical staff for the Knicks, Mills and Houston gone and full control. None of those things happened. Were what 365 days or so since the Phil hiring and Isiah is already back lol? Only the Knicks. Phil at this point is basically the mascot.

And we havent even gotten into the Melo lifetime contract.

Jax wanted a full house-cleaning and was strong armed by Jimmy. He wanted his own medical staff for the Knicks, Mills and Houston gone and full control. None of those things happened. Were what 365 days or so since the Phil hiring and Isiah is already back lol? Only the Knicks. Phil at this point is basically the mascot.

And we havent even gotten into the Melo lifetime contract.

Yes, only the Knicks. LOL

BUT, I take umbrage with the point on the medical staff.  Jax has absolutely no right -- nor will he ever even with total control -- to remove the medical staff because the Rangers (i.e., Glenn Sather) has veto power on any such changes.  The medical staff works for both the Rangers and Knicks.  Sather loves the medical staff and they've done a good job with the Rangers players.

That said, I think you're way off base with Jax being a mascot.  He's had day-to-day say and his decisions have been ho-ho-rendous.  To discount that is a travesty.

Yes, only the Knicks. LOL

BUT, I take umbrage with the point on the medical staff.  Jax has absolutely no right -- nor will he ever even with total control -- to remove the medical staff because the Rangers (i.e., Glenn Sather) has veto power on any such changes.  The medical staff works for both the Rangers and Knicks.  Sather loves the medical staff and they've done a good job with the Rangers players.

That said, I think you're way off base with Jax being a mascot.  He's had day-to-day say and his decisions have been ho-ho-rendous.  To discount that is a travesty.

At this point until there's a full house cleaning from the "gulag" as Raismann calls it...it's hard to take them seriously. Everything the Knicks do is generally wrong because the owner is insane. The hiring of Phil seems more like a PR move to buy back the fans that were protesting at Penn Plaza or whatever.

At this point until there's a full house cleaning from the "gulag" as Raismann calls it...it's hard to take them seriously. Everything the Knicks do is generally wrong because the owner is insane. The hiring of Phil seems more like a PR move to buy back the fans that were protesting at Penn Plaza or whatever.

I don't disagree with this statement.

It seemed like with the hiring of Jax that Satan wanted to create a Sather-esque bubble, but Jax wasn't up to the task.

And you know this how? The medical staff the Knicks share with the Stanley cup contending rangers wasn't replaced?

Btw Herb is the least of the Knicks problems he's fine as an assistant. Knicks need a top pick and 1-2 major free agents let's see what Jac does with that

Wait, what? Are you saying that Jax didn't have control over personnel decisions? Are you some Jax apologist? He was dreadful in all his decisions.

Phil is a $12M diversion so Dolan can sneak Isiah in the back door. I told you this was going to happen.

Phil is a $12M diversion so Dolan can sneak Isiah in the back door. I told you this was going to happen.

Yes, it is a brilliant plan by Satan.

But, no, you didn't tell us this was going to happen. Post the post and thread you supposedly said this or STFU. LOL

It's just astonishing that he's managed to blow this. It really is. Even with a roster totally devoid of assets, 2015 space is solid gold with the cap ballooning in 2016. You can actually get good players to sign one-year deals because they want in on the TV money, and since there's no escalation on the cap hold you can spend more next summer and then go over the top resigning the 2015 free agents. And we're screwing this up somehow. It can't be real. It's not even possible for Phil to be this big a dummy. He has to be a beard. Dolan is spending twelve million dollars a year purely to avoid getting called an idiot by everybody in the whole world for bringing Isiah back. That has to be what's happening here.

You mean this one?

You mean this one?

I'm impressed that I made you go through the effort to find that post.

The real question is whether you have used your evident clairvoyance to enrich yourself in the last 3 months rather than just post on message boards.

You mean this one?

Why would spending another $12M on that be a surprise?  He spent $12M to fire the woman who accused Thomas.   I didn't realize it was back in the news, but Isiah's quote is pretty awesome:

“When the jury had an opportunity to fine, they fined Madison Square Garden,” Thomas said. “I was not liable or personally held for anything. The jury found no findings. Anyone who’s vetted this, has looked at it, has come out and found that — as the jury found — that there were no findings in terms of Isiah Thomas.”

Archived