2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Mudiay = Jason Kidd

Watch the tape. I'm not watching nba next season or really ever again but he has long arms, quick lateral moves, can create in transition and uses hesitation dribble effectively and is big enough to be a two way player at both the 1 and 2. Not a great shooter but good from mid-range and a good finisher at the rim. Already has an nba body.

It's a PG league that favors spacing and pacing. I've said all along Russell will be the best player to come out of this draft I would not be surprised if Mudiay was the second best.

I agree with everything you said accept Russell being the best player from this draft.  His defense is suspect and against NBA point guards his lack of athletic ability will be on full display.   Mudiay projects to be a true two way player.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am torn about the Knicks. When the Knicks were relevant, they had a strong point guard . Hell, for a short time, Jeremy Lin made the Knicks interesting with a bunch of disposable scrubs.

Knicks need a rim protecting big man in the worst way

Knicks also need  a Floor General who can control the game and get the ball to the scorers inside and on the outside.

Take the best of the 2 positions ala money bags macaggs  and find a pure shooter and move forward.

Knicks could have signed Center Hassan Whitehead last summer for peanuts, but instead Pat Riley swooped in and snatched him up.  You can find a big to protect the rim even if he is limited in other areas. Finding a true point guard is much, much harder.  Knicks need to take Russell or Mudiay; at 4 and work on filling their other needs through free agency.

Mudiay = Jason Kidd

Watch the tape. I'm not watching nba next season or really ever again but he has long arms, quick lateral moves, can create in transition and uses hesitation dribble effectively and is big enough to be a two way player at both the 1 and 2. Not a great shooter but good from mid-range and a good finisher at the rim. Already has an nba body.

It's a PG league that favors spacing and pacing. I've said all along Russell will be the best player to come out of this draft I would not be surprised if Mudiay was the second best.

Okafor's a loaf.  So overrated. Towns has some serious talent.  That could hurt missing out him but the lottery is retarded, so what are you going to do?

Russell is going to be solid but I think you're right about Mudiay.  And wouldnt it be nice to have a legit PG?  The truth is, none of these guys are going to light the league on fire so everyone getting all bent out of shape over a minimal difference.

I am a mudiay guy here.  I see this a blessing in disguise.  this team needs a PG in the worst way

which means jax will trade the pick for a triangle prospect, lolololol

Knicks could have signed Center Hassan Whitehead last summer for peanuts, but instead Pat Riley swooped in and snatched him up.  You can find a big to protect the rim even if he is limited in other areas. Finding a true point guard is much, much harder.  Knicks need to take Russell or Mudiay; at 4 and work on filling their other needs through free agency.

You will get no argument from me. I wanted to have a shot at Downs. I really didn't want Okafor, but I would not have complain to much if the Knicks took him. The knicks really need a Point Guard and the way the lottery fell, I think it worked out perfectly for the Knicks despite what the fans are saying.  

The Knicks will either get :

The best offensive Center in the draft

The best defensive Center in the draft

The best Point Guard in the draft

The best shooting Guard in the draft 

Or they can trade out and see what develops.

Okafor's a loaf. So overrated. Towns has some serious talent. That could hurt missing out him but the lottery is retarded, so what are you going to do?

Russell is going to be solid but I think you're right about Mudiay. And wouldnt it be nice to have a legit PG? The truth is, none of these guys are going to light the league on fire so everyone getting all bent out of shape over a minimal difference.

Okafor and Anthony would have been a disaster together. LA is the perfect situation for him Kobe knows how to play with a low post scorer going back to his days with Shaq. Anthony posts up way too much to coexist with another low post scorer see Amare.

Towns is the guy we missed on, Oh well. It's really a wash between Russell and Mudiay I love Russell but Mudiay is also a good prospect and he will fit in with Carmelo since he's a pass first pg.

As far as the Phil Jackson bashing goes how much was he supposed to do to tank? Should he have started the local Girl Scouts last 10 games. You guys act like there's an exact science to tanking every year the nba has 5-6 teams tank and only 1 finishes with the worst record.

Phil has 13 NBA rings combined. You guys have zero. I think I trust Phil over you.

As far as the Phil Jackson bashing goes how much was he supposed to do to tank? Should he have started the local Girl Scouts last 10 games. You guys act like there's an exact science to tanking every year the nba has 5-6 teams tank and only 1 finishes with the worst record.

Phil has 13 NBA rings combined. You guys have zero. I think I trust Phil over you.

LOL and Phil got those rings on teams someone else built. He's never built his own.

Also, Minny and Philly tanked the last week of season resting guys. It's easy.

Unless we're getting Durant do not trade the fn pick.

Chad Ford and multiple outlets are reporting that Jax wants to trade the pick to get a veteran for "win now" purposes.  No, not a Durant or all-star, but a veteran who can help the team be competitive now.

We are definitely trading this pick. You know it. I know it. Vegetable lasagna knows it.

Can the Knicks trade the pick to Toronto to get the Knicks 2016 1st rounder back?

My bottom line is this:

Crazy things happen in the draft, so whoever is left out of Towns, Okafor, Russell and Mudiay, the Knicks MUST take him.

No Winslow, no WCS, no trade down.  Draft the ******* player!!!

Can the Knicks trade the pick to Toronto to get the Knicks 2016 1st rounder back?

Supposedly Jackson likes WCS a lot. Putting a deal in place with Sacramento or Denver so they can have one of the two stiffs at guard seems like the logical move. Which means he'll probably trade it for Brandon Bass and another second or something.

My bottom line is this:

Crazy things happen in the draft, so whoever is left out of Towns, Okafor, Russell and Mudiay, the Knicks MUST take him.

No Winslow, no WCS, no trade down.  Draft the ******* player!!!

I don't see how Mudiay can possibly be viewed this favorably. And I'm not speaking negatively or positively about the guy. There is just nothing to go off of, and I don't see how anyone, especially any of us douchebags, can form any sort of informed opinion. He played in China. There are no analytics. Any #tape is going to show him playing against Chinese players. This isn't like scouting a guy from the Spanish or Italian leagues. Essentially we're going off his high school projections from years ago and trying to force it in like puzzle pieces to a league that is a complete enigma.

I don't see how Mudiay can possibly be viewed this favorably. And I'm not speaking negatively or positively about the guy. There is just nothing to go off of, and I don't see how anyone, especially any of us douchebags, can form any sort of informed opinion. He played in China. There are no analytics. Any #tape is going to show him playing against Chinese players. This isn't like scouting a guy from the Spanish or Italian leagues. Essentially we're going off his high school projections from years ago and trying to force it in like puzzle pieces to a league that is a complete enigma.

There is tape of Mudiay playing in China and he wasn't just facing 5ft tall Chinese players he was going up against ex-NBA players.

WCS is the safest pick at 4 but Mudiay has bigger upside.

That is all true and that's why Mudiay remains a mystery and the drafts biggest enigma.  He's the biggest risk out of the top 4 and I previously stated that he scares me the most.  Thus, I wanted a top 3 pick.

The thing is, a month is a long time in the draft process so there is a possibility that Mudiay goes anywhere between 2 and 4.  We shall see.

Also, on an aside, I wonder about Towns and Minny.  Will he try to make a power move and not get drafted by them?

That is all true and that's why Mudiay remains a mystery and the drafts biggest enigma. He's the biggest risk out of the top 4 and I previously stated that he scares me the most. Thus, I wanted a top 3 pick.

The thing is, a month is a long time in the draft process so there is a possibility that Mudiay goes anywhere between 2 and 4. We shall see.

Also, on an aside, I wonder about Towns and Minny. Will he try to make a power move and not get drafted by them?

That's the problem really. Risk/reward is a game that teams who have stuff get to play. We need players too badly. If the Knicks whiff on this pick it would be an outright disaster. Given the Knicks position I think you have to take the sure-thing center with the B+ ceiling rather than the enigmatic point guard.

That's the problem really. Risk/reward is a game that teams who have stuff get to play. We need players too badly. If the Knicks whiff on this pick it would be an outright disaster. Given the Knicks position I think you have to take the sure-thing center with the B+ ceiling rather than the enigmatic point guard.

Or, the Knicks can trade the 4th overall pick to Toronto for their 20th pick, Tyler Hansbrough, the Knicks 2016 1st rounder and Toronto's 2020 2nd rounder.

That's a Jacksonian type trade there, BTW.

Also, this is from Chad Ford's mock draft 5.0:

The Knicks are obviously hurting. They really wanted the No. 1 pick and a chance at a dominant big. They also miss out on the best offensive guard in the draft in Russell. However, Mudiay is a terrific consolation prize. He's strong, attacks the basket, plays on both ends and has unique maturity for his age to handle the bright lights of NYC. Yes, the Knicks might decide to trade the pick. But they shouldn't. Mudiay could become a star for them -- sooner rather than later.

How about no f-cking trade

Way too many good UFA's out there with $27 million in cap room. Multiple approaches we can take: draft WCS and sign Rondo and Jimmy Butler(if we pay enough bulls won't match), draft Mudiay and sign Millsap and Monroe.

How about no f-cking trade

1. Every single Knicks fan posting in this thread is completely against a trade.

2. Every single Knicks fan posting in this thread knows in his heart of hearts that a trade will likely happen.

1. Every single Knicks fan posting in this thread is completely against a trade.

2. Every single Knicks fan posting in this thread knows in his heart of hearts that a trade will likely happen.

Maybe it will maybe it won't.

Maybe they're trying to coax the Thunder into offering us Durant. We are almost they're only shot at them getting something in return - nobody can match Durants contract and the only places

he's interested in going as FA are DC, LA or NY.

Yeah I get it Phil's the worst GM ever because he didn't get multiple all-stars in return for dumping JR Smith's contract and two teams with better records than the Knicks finished ahead in the lottery. He's obviously trading the 4 pick for Deron Williams.

Yep, more I think about it Cauley Stein over Muduay though I wouldn't mind either. He is by far the best defensive player in this draft and a can't miss prospect.

Not only is WCS a force in the paint he is quick enough to play perimeter D. He will be an immediate game changer

Archived