2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that a saving grace? The one thing we have going for us is that we have cap space to rent out, and that's going to flood the market.

That's why you use the $27 mil and draft pick this year to build the roster and make the team more attractive to free agents.

Winslow is actually more nba ready than towns and Okafor. I'd prefer towns but he's a couple years away from being a full time nba player his body needs to fill out.

How is that a saving grace? The one thing we have going for us is that we have cap space to rent out, and that's going to flood the market.

It's a saving grace because it affords the Knicks the opportunity to dump bad salaries.

The Knicks' cap space is meaningless to top players because top players are not going to sign with the Knicks.  So, rather, the Knicks will be in the Joe Johnson mode and overpay for middling talent.

It's a saving grace because it affords the Knicks the opportunity to dump bad salaries.

The Knicks' cap space is meaningless to top players because top players are not going to sign with the Knicks. So, rather, the Knicks will be in the Joe Johnson mode and overpay for middling talent.

The Knicks' cap space is meaningless, period. Even if we took the Atlanta approach (lol) and executed it competently (double lol) we're starting in too deep a hole. Also I'm pretty sure Carmelo's deal is still going to be ass cancer after the cap goes up. I'm fine with Joe Johnson contracts as long as they're somebody else's and we're getting bribes to absorb them.

The building was full every night to watch D-leaguers. There's absolutely zero incentive to change.

Oh, it's far worse than that. Even if Phil was smart enough to trade Carmelo and somebody else was stupid enough to take him, Dolan still wouldn't pull the trigger because that would make the fans mad. Apparently nothing else does.

The building was full every night to watch D-leaguers. There's absolutely zero incentive to change.

It's like the Cubs. The TV ratings ate an issue because even with the dip in ratings, the Knicks still drew a larger TV audience than the Nets.

Freakin Knicks fans.

Oh, it's far worse than that. Even if Phil was smart enough to trade Carmelo and somebody else was stupid enough to take him, Dolan still wouldn't pull the trigger because that would make the fans mad. Apparently nothing else does.

No trade makes that basically impossible. 

If the fans refuse to face hard realities there is little incentive for the team to do so.

Ok ... So your point is?

Should I give up watching sports because Phil didn't get Lebron and Aldridge in exchange for Shump and JR Smith?

Ok ... So your point is?

Should I give up watching sports because Phil didn't get Lebron and Aldridge in exchange for Shump and JR Smith?

No, but it is valid criticism of Jax for only getting an 8th grader in exchange for Shump and JR.

Well, it looks like we're about to answer the question that has plagued mankind for ages; can you win a ring when JR. Smith is the second best player on your team?

Cleveland man. City can't catch a break ever.

You knew as soon as he hit that first ******* derpshot. Cavs were up fifteen I still had my head buried. Didn't have the heart to tell the homers what was coming. I got in on this at ******* 220. It's not fair. **** **** ****. That stupid son of a bitch. And how does every single coach he's ever ******* had just let him get away with it? Having J.R. Smith on your team is like building a house out of asbestos on a fault line below sea level.

You knew as soon as he hit that first ******* derpshot. Cavs were up fifteen I still had my head buried. Didn't have the heart to tell the homers what was coming. I got in on this at ******* 220. It's not fair. **** **** ****. That stupid son of a bitch. And how does every single coach he's ever ******* had just let him get away with it? Having J.R. Smith on your team is like building a house out of asbestos on a fault line below sea level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make for a very poor house. 

J.R. Smith wouldn't be the second best player on a team otherwise comprised of eight year olds.

Can't remember which sports' paper had it, but the headline after game 1 was absolutely priceless: picture of J.R. and in call caps "Pipe Down."  I almost lost it. 

Three weeks to go and there's basically nothing out there on the draft. It's kind of spooky.

This postseason has been daily prison rape for Jax so he's not saying anything since his stupid goink tweets.

The top 4 players are set, but I don't believe the precise order is set based on reports. According to recent news, Minny and Lakers are having private workouts with all 4 players. It's not set in stone Towns, Okafor, Russell go in that order.

This postseason has been daily prison rape for Jax so he's not saying anything since his stupid goink tweets.

The top 4 players are set, but I don't believe the precise order is set based on reports. According to recent news, Minny and Lakers are having private workouts with all 4 players. It's not set in stone Towns, Okafor, Russell go in that order.

I mean the analytics more than rumors. Anecdotally I'm pretty sure it's those three in that order then Winslow at 4.

Archived