2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

I wouldn't be shocked if Russell went 2nd to the lakers. They need a PG, already have randle and can have their pick of Aldridge or Gasol.

Knicks should target Jimmy Butler in FA. They have no shot at Gasol and Aldridge has his bags packed for LA or Dallas. He's RFA but the Bulls might not match if it's too much money.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad Ford is reporting that if Towns, Okafor and Russell are all gone by No. 4 pick, Knicks will look to trade down because they're not sold on Mudiay or Porzingis,

Because, you know, Phil Jackson, expert talent evaluator, builder of teams and guaranteed winning systems.

Chad Ford is reporting that if Towns, Okafor and Russell are all gone by No. 4 pick, Knicks will look to trade down because they're not sold on Mudiay or Porzingis,

Because, you know, Phil Jackson, expert talent evaluator, builder of teams and guaranteed winning systems.

Odds that we trade it to Detroit so we can get another year out of Monroe at the max: 99.99975897%.

It's so ironic that when Jets have a top 4 pick, it's exciting time for fans as to what the Jets will do.  But now that the Knicks have a top 4 pick it's nothing but anxiety because Jax is a ******* moron and we have PTSD from other drafts.

I don't know what we get for a few slots realistically. I would probably just take him. I couldn't care less if Cauley-Stein never develops an offensive skill set. I'll live with that if that's his big issue. He's still the guy I'm most confident in being at least good besides Towns.

We don't necessarily need a great scorer at 4 since we already have melo and will probably get another scorer or two in FA. Cauly-Stein is a sure thing and will contribute immediately.

I'd be fine with Mudiay but we can get rondo

I don't know what we get for a few slots realistically. I would probably just take him. I couldn't care less if Cauley-Stein never develops an offensive skill set. I'll live with that if that's his big issue. He's still the guy I'm most confident in being at least good besides Towns.

Do win shares really translate like that? How do you feel about Kaminsky then?

Do win shares really translate like that? How do you feel about Kaminsky then?

WCS is way more athletic than Kaminsky, hence why WCS is a top 10 pick whike Kaminsky is projected to go much lower.

The pursuit of Monroe is further evidence that Jax doesn't know what the **** he's doing.

WCS will blow out his knees chasing everybody if he played between Monroe and Melo.

Monroe, Melo and WCS would just be Melo, Amare and Chandler all over again.

You couldn't have all three on the floor. I just don't see any reason to give Monroe a big contract.

I don't see any reason to give Monroe any contract. He's not a good fit for team and it's telling that a bad team like Detroit will let him walk.

Rather have no free agent than Monroe. Just go after Deandre Jordan or Aldridge if it doesn't work out so what?

Cauley-stein + Deandre - best defensive front court in the nba.

Teaming up chandler and Cauley-Stein does essentially the same thing have WCS terrorize people on the perimeter and then they have to deal with Chandler once they get through.

I don't see any reason to give Monroe any contract. He's not a good fit for team and it's telling that a bad team like Detroit will let him walk.

Monroe and Anthony cannot coexist on offense and neither one plays D. Monroe actually makes Anthony look like early 2000's Ron artest. Se reason why Melo Amare didn't work and I didn't want Okafor.

Right now, I'll be happy with anyone but Winslow from the group of Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, WCS and Porzingis.

I've come around on Porzingis after everything I've read and seen. He's part of the 5 prospects that have a special quality, something Winslow can't claim. Undersized wings are a dime a dozen.

Wings are a dime a dozen. Wings that are good at both ends of the court aren't. I'd be fine with Winslow as long as we signed Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert to protect he rim.

I'm on my hands and knees to Phil: please no Greg Monroe and no European players at 4.

A 6'4" tweener, even if he plays both ends, is not worth the 4th overall pick when you have an elite PG prospect in Mudiay and a potential DPOY on the board in WCS.  It makes no sense whatsoever to draft Winslow at 4.  None.  The fact that the Knicks are considering it is further evidence of how much a disaster Jax is.

Another example are reports that the Knicks will look to trade back if Towns, Okafor and Russell are not on the board at 4.  These 3 were the hands down top prospects during the season.  Jax knew that.  He even got fined for talking about Russell.

You have 3 players you want and being the top lottery seed gives you the best chance at drafting one of them. Considering all that, how in the hell didn't Jax have a conversation with Fisher about sitting players the last week of the season?  

Ed Tapscott, who drafted Frederick Weiss had been better than Phil Jackson running the Knicks.

Your whining about Jackson is so nauseating. They won 17 games how much were they supposed to tank? Nobody else thinks Justise Winslow sucks except you he just won the ncaa tournament and was Dukes mvp. I prefer Cauley Stein over Winslow but Winslow would be fine go back to bitching about us not getting multiple all stars for JR and Shump two scrubs that even Lebron couldn't make look good.

A 6'4" tweener, even if he plays both ends, is not worth the 4th overall pick when you have an elite PG prospect in Mudiay and a potential DPOY on the board in WCS.  It makes no sense whatsoever to draft Winslow at 4.  None.  The fact that the Knicks are considering it is further evidence of how much a disaster Jax is.

Another example are reports that the Knicks will look to trade back if Towns, Okafor and Russell are not on the board at 4.  These 3 were the hands down top prospects during the season.  Jax knew that.  He even got fined for talking about Russell.

You have 3 players you want and being the top lottery seed gives you the best chance at drafting one of them. Considering all that, how in the hell didn't Jax have a conversation with Fisher about sitting players the last week of the season?  

Ed Tapscott, who drafted Frederick Weiss had been better than Phil Jackson running the Knicks.

See, that's what you think now. But when you see how those 2 wins helped us learn how to win NEXT year, you'll be eating those words. #realfans

Your whining about Jackson is so nauseating. They won 17 games how much were they supposed to tank? Nobody else thinks Justise Winslow sucks except you he just won the ncaa tournament and was Dukes mvp. I prefer Cauley Stein over Winslow but Winslow would be fine go back to bitching about us not getting multiple all stars for JR and Shump two scrubs that even Lebron couldn't make look good.

I only do that to counter you being a Jackson apologist.  They won 15 games and had the top seed in hand.  They then won 2 of the last 4.  How are they supposed to tank?  Ask Minny and Philly, they know because they lost 10 straight games at the end and secured themselves top 3 picks, something Knicks didn't do because of those 2 wins.  It's pretty simple.

Man, you are the king of strawman and hyperbole.  Never once did I say Winslow sucks nor did I ever say that the Knicks should have gotten "multiple all stars" for JR and Shump.  There's no need for you to make stuff up to discuss things.

Winslow is a good prospect, but he isn't a top 5 prospect.  He's not a potential franchise player.  If Knicks trade back I'll be happy with Winslow.

As for JR and Shump, you need to get real here.  A good GM got a 1st round pick for Bargnani.  A good GM got 2 1st rounders for Mosgov.  First round picks were flying left and right in trades, but Jax didn't get a single one.  I'm not talking about allstars, I'm talking about acquiring assets and Jax got squat.

You couldn't have all three on the floor. I just don't see any reason to give Monroe a big contract.

Let the Celtics have him. He plays no defense whatsoever. Knicks would be way better off signing a combination of Rondo/Monta Ellis and another defensive big man like Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert to protect the rim while WCS harasses on the perimeter.

I'd prefer to sign nobody. Friggin Mozgov would be a better signing than Monroe.

Phil Jackson to the NY Times today:

“I have a definite idea about how I want a team to look and what kind of skills the players need to have,” said Jackson, who remains as wedded to the triangle offense as ever. “When everybody else says, ‘Well, this might be their best pick,’ we’re not going that way at all. We’re going with what we feel will be the best player for us at this particular time.

Let the Celtics have him. He plays no defense whatsoever. Knicks would be way better off signing a combination of Rondo/Monta Ellis and another defensive big man like Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert to protect the rim while WCS harasses on the perimeter.

That would be the worst team in basketball and whomever coached that team would hang himself before November was out.

Phil Jackson to the NY Times today:

“I have a definite idea about how I want a team to look and what kind of skills the players need to have,” said Jackson, who remains as wedded to the triangle offense as ever. “When everybody else says, ‘Well, this might be their best pick,’ we’re not going that way at all. We’re going with what we feel will be the best player for us at this particular time.

Porzingis it is!

And he followed that with WHAT THE **** IS HE TALKING ABOUT

"They have all these analysts. I just wanted to see someone come back to me with statistics: Is 3-point shooting in the playoffs as consistent as it is in the regular season? Does your 3-point-shooting percentage change because you’re in the playoffs? No one figured that one out. And that’s probably me being obtuse to leave it open at the end. But “goink” is one of those New York expressions that we use, and I will tell you this: I learned something. Someone sent me the fact that if you look it up on Urban Dictionary, you’ll find out what it means in today’s society."

And he followed that with WHAT THE **** IS HE TALKING ABOUT

"They have all these analysts. I just wanted to see someone come back to me with statistics: Is 3-point shooting in the playoffs as consistent as it is in the regular season? Does your 3-point-shooting percentage change because you’re in the playoffs? No one figured that one out. And that’s probably me being obtuse to leave it open at the end. But “goink” is one of those New York expressions that we use, and I will tell you this: I learned something. Someone sent me the fact that if you look it up on Urban Dictionary, you’ll find out what it means in today’s society."

It's funny that Jax has the Idziksion ability that every time he speaks on behalf of the Knicks things seem worse.

Archived