2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we even scheduled Okafor? Looks like it's down to Winslow, WCS, and Mudiay based on the workout itinerary.

I read somewhere that Knicks worked out Okafor privately in Chicago right after the combine.

If Okafor is there at 4 and they pass on him for the likes of WCS or Winslow Jax should get the William Wallace treatment

Have we even scheduled Okafor? Looks like it's down to Winslow, WCS, and Mudiay based on the workout itinerary.

I read somewhere that Knicks worked out Okafor privately in Chicago right after the combine.

If Okafor is there at 4 and they pass on him for the likes of WCS or Winslow Jax should get the William Wallace treatment

Update, the Okafor workout news from the past was a rumor.  Officially, Okafor hasn't worked out with any team but was interviewed recently and said he has to talk to his agent about individual team workout.

Towns' reps have said that he will not work out with any team.

Russell had dinner with LA last night and is meeting with Knicks this week.  Knicks are also rumored to be interested in Murry State PG Cameron Payne in a trade-down scenario.

Chad Ford has some good video from Mudiay's LA workout.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

This is getting me excited a bit, which means it won't happen.

Regardless of what the top 3 chose, this is my ranking of NYK wants:

1. Towns

2. Okafor

3. Mudiay

4. Russell

5. WCS

6. Winslow

I like Winslow's skillset, but undersized wing players are a tough sell.  If you look at the top 5, they all have something special/unique physically or skill-wise. Winslow is lacking that and if we're talking about a top 5 pick the Knicks need someone who has that special/unique physicality or skill-set.

Chad Ford has some good video from Mudiay's LA workout.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

This is getting me excited a bit, which means it won't happen.

Regardless of what the top 3 chose, this is my ranking of NYK wants:

1. Towns

2. Okafor

3. Mudiay

4. Russell

5. WCS

6. Winslow

I like Winslow's skillset, but undersized wing players are a tough sell. If you look at the top 5, they all have something special/unique physically or skill-wise. Winslow is lacking that and if we're talking about a top 5 pick the Knicks need someone who has that special/unique physicality or skill-set.

For this team I'm really close to putting WCS ahead of everybody except Towns. Gun to my head I'm still not passing on Okafor but a frontcourt of him and Carmelo is never stopping anybody ever.

For this team I'm really close to putting WCS ahead of everybody except Towns. Gun to my head I'm still not passing on Okafor but a frontcourt of him and Carmelo is never stopping anybody ever.

Could you risk moving down a few slots for a pick next year and still nab WCS?

Could you risk moving down a few slots for a pick next year and still nab WCS?

I don't know what we get for a few slots realistically. I would probably just take him. I couldn't care less if Cauley-Stein never develops an offensive skill set. I'll live with that if that's his big issue. He's still the guy I'm most confident in being at least good besides Towns.

For this draft, I'm ignoring everyone on the Knicks roster and just going on the selection.  "Fitting in" with Carmelo is not a concern of mine because I'm thinking next 15 years while Melo will be here, tops, another 4, but most likely only 3 years.

I don't know what we get for a few slots realistically. I would probably just take him. I couldn't care less if Cauley-Stein never develops an offensive skill set. I'll live with that if that's his big issue. He's still the guy I'm most confident in being at least good besides Towns.

WCS has a good shot, at least from the videos and reports by Ford and others from his workout, so he can develop an offensive game.

It's a tough call between WCS and Mudiay if that's the choice at 4 with no trade-down, but I'd have to go with Mudiay every time.

WCS over Mudiay just because I think he's a way safer pick.  He'll never average more than 10-12 points per game but the nba is all about switch defense and disrupting passing lanes and he's great, not good but great at both.

Completely understand your position, but I'd rather going daring at 4 than safe and that means Mudiay who has the higher upside at a premier position. 

Who gives a sh*t? It's not like we need to worry about stopping anyone for the rest of his contract anyways. Lebron isn't leaving the East.

Also if Okafor fell to 4 and we passed for WCS, I will murder all of you.

This for anyone for that matter. If Knicks pass on Okafor for anyone, there needs to be an ISIS attack on MSG

Now after work out rumors are that Porzingis is in mix for Lakers and Sixers.

I can't post link but look for Porzingis' workout video on YouTube. He's thin as a rail but he can shoot the heck out of the ball.

Archived