A Cobra Calls the Jets Postgame and then Don Legreca flips out...

CobraVerde

I totally got hung up on and didnt get a change to rebuttal greg buttle. There is totally a media black out on Matt. All the things you hear Legreca say about him are unfounded. He says hes been a backup all his career like hes been in the league more than two years. Total hater, Then some guy calls next and totally call him out and then he absolutely flips out...Enjoy.

START MATT SIMMS...I know you saw it too..

https://soundcloud.com/pmcrw/a-cobra-calls-the-jets-post-game-and-then-don-legreca-flips-out

I totally got hung up on and didnt get a change to rebuttal greg buttle. There is totally a media black out on Matt. All the things you hear Legreca say about him are unfounded. He says hes been a backup all his career like hes been in the league more than two years. Total hater, Then some guy calls next and totally call him out and then he absolutely flips out...Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/pmcrw/a-cobra-calls-the-jets-post-game-and-then-don-legreca-flips-out

Holy **** dude, do you really think I'm going to sit there and listen for 10 minutes wondering where you called on? No shot, trim it down.

ok

make a case for starting simms over vick.  pretend it's the real world and real players will react to your decision, as will real paying customers

vick is not going to be on the team next year and simms might.   the team needs to figure out if Simms is the long term solution as backup QB. 

ok

make a case for starting simms over vick. pretend it's the real world and real players will react to your decision, as will real paying customers

"Dear paying customers and players. The two young men that have played QB, up until this point in the season, have been irresponsible and indecisive with the football. This seems to stem from a lack of ability to absorb the playbook, or, as one of them-the mentor of the other one- readily admitted, being woefully unprepared.

Based on the realization that neither of these young men Care enough about the game of football to prepare and give their teammates the best chance to succeed, I have decided to give the third-year, back up QB that shows enthusiasm for the game, and dedication to his playbook, a chance to start and lead this team."

I heard the call LIVE. Legreca got tongue when you challenged his current state of the affairs of the New York Jets.

Legreca on all calls these days says each time " BLAH BLAH BLAH // ITS NOT REX FAULT// BLAH BLAH BLAH"

NICE JOB on telling LEGRECA that Rex is not the defensive genius everyone thinks he is.

All in All Legreca does a fine job thru the years of tell the Jets fan his solid opinions. He does this despite the facthe is a self confessed GIANT Fan.

Holy **** dude, do you really think I'm going to sit there and listen for 10 minutes wondering where you called on? No shot, trim it down.

its actually a good listen, the guy who calls after cobra does a great job and lagrecca of course sticks to " it's not Rex's fault he's had the worst QB play in the league for all these years "....cuz as we all know the head coach is in no way , shape, or form expected to help develop a QB

The media will continue to have Rex's back at every turn, the only ones who lose are the fans like us,..Rex has too many friends in the media it reminds me of A few good men when someone asked Tom cruise .." Is there anyone in this town you don't drink or play softball with"?....the media may pull this off , I'll believe woody is going to fire Rex when it happens.

its actually a good listen, the guy who calls after cobra does a great job and lagrecca of course sticks to " it's not Rex's fault he's had the worst QB play in the league for all these years "....cuz as we all know the head coach is in no way , shape, or form expected to help develop a QB

I gave it the full run this morning. Actually the second caller completely blew up LaGreca's position about talent when he referenced Matt Cassell 5 years ago. LaGreca shifted back to coaching superiority which was the position he was originally trying to minimalize the value of in the beginning of the call. Too bad the caller didn't stick in the knife and tell him that he literally flipped his position in the span of 90 seconds.

Good job Cobra. I sincerely enjoyed it. Good points and I loved how you stuck by your guns. Well done.

The host made both callers I heard sound like fools. The second caller moreso than Cobra, no offense buddy.

Cause they hung up on me and didnt give me a chance to talk. I wouldve ripped Legreca for saying Simms is nothing more than a backup based on his career. Simms has been in the league like three years and always been behind someone and never given a shot. And when he was asking the guy about name a QB I was texting them Rex Grossman. Dude was terrible and made it to the super bowl. The second caller got nervous at the end because he was getting ganged up on.

Cause they hung up on me and didnt give me a chance to talk. I wouldve ripped Legreca for saying Simms is nothing more than a backup based on his career. Simms has been in the league like three years and always been behind someone and never given a shot. And when he was asking the guy about name a QB I was texting them Rex Grossman. Dude was terrible and made it to the super bowl. The second caller got nervous at the end because he was getting ganged up on.

Based on his career, Simms is nothing but a backup. Regardless of how you've deluded yourself, that is a fact. 

The second caller didn't get ganged up on, he just got dressed down. Why? Because he didn't have any FACTS to back up his unnecessarily insulting point to the host. How do you call into a show, attack someone's credibility and then have nothing credible to back up your own points? 2nd caller was an absolute joke.

You were fine, I just don't agree with your "Simms is the future" position, because reality.

Based on his career, Simms is nothing but a backup. Regardless of how you've deluded yourself, that is a fact. 

The second caller didn't get ganged up on, he just got dressed down. Why? Because he didn't have any FACTS to back up his unnecessarily insulting point to the host. How do you call into a show, attack someone's credibility and then have nothing credible to back up your own points? 2nd caller was an absolute joke.

You were fine, I just don't agree with your "Simms is the future" position, because reality.

STOP saying "based on his career" when YOU havent even seen his career. He's been in the league since 2012 and ALL WITH THE JETS BEHIND SANCHEZ & GENO. Stop acting like he's even been given a legit shot!

STOP saying "based on his career" when YOU havent even seen his career. He's been in the league since 2012 and ALL WITH THE JETS BEHIND SANCHEZ & GENO. Stop acting like he's even been given a legit shot!

I'll stop saying "based on his career" when you stop basically saying "he hasn't been given a chance, so everything he's done so far is by no means an indicator of everything he's capable of". 

See, looking at the givens (what he's done) is a much more rational barometer than just insisting he's something he's shown zero potential for being.

"Dear paying customers and players. The two young men that have played QB, up until this point in the season, have been irresponsible and indecisive with the football. This seems to stem from a lack of ability to absorb the playbook, or, as one of them-the mentor of the other one- readily admitted, being woefully unprepared.

Based on the realization that neither of these young men Care enough about the game of football to prepare and give their teammates the best chance to succeed, I have decided to give the third-year, back up QB that shows enthusiasm for the game, and dedication to his playbook, a chance to start and lead this team."

enthusiasm ?

LOL

Yes, enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm doesn't mean doing the salsa. It means not being at the movies and preparing like a starter if you're the back-up.

I get it, Larz. You want either one of the dumb, lazy, scrambling QBs to start over Simms.

What I don't get is why you, or any other fan, would want either one of those guys to EVER step on the field again as a Jet.

You never heard me say Simms was Unitas, he's just a MUCH better option than both of the POS in front of him on the depth chart. A coach with some balls would have started him at halftime of the Detroit game or after the SD game.

Archived