Twilight Zone - Mafia Game

Leelou

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it need to be explained now? Or can it wait... you know, until after night phase?

We have 2 hours till the deadline, both him and Smash are avoiding questions I've asked and both have posted since then (Smash defending his boo Sanchez on the main forum, who just needs time, btw).

So, I'd like some answers to help me think through this.  

Wbat is pinging big time.  

We have 2 hours till the deadline, both him and Smash are avoiding questions I've asked and both have posted since then (Smash defending his boo Sanchez on the main forum, who just needs time, btw).

So, I'd like some answers to help me think through this.  

Wbat is pinging big time.  

Deadline and a good-feeling lynch of 80, is what I've chosen to let it play out. I don't know why they're being evasive, what makes me curious is why you've been dead-set on lynching 80, and now you seem interested in getting to the bottom of Smash/Wbat before the deadline.

JiF might be scum. esp if Wombat is town.

Profound, really.

Deadline and a good-feeling lynch of 80, is what I've chosen to let it play out. I don't know why they're being evasive, what makes me curious is why you've been dead-set on lynching 80, and now you seem interested in getting to the bottom of Smash/Wbat before the deadline.

Profound, really.

bows*

Vote Count

80 (3) - JiF, Wombat, Ape

Wombat (3) - Nyn, Hess, Lily

Nyn (1) - AVM

Verbal (1) - 80

Lily (1) - Smash

Not Voting - Verbal

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Hess saying JIF could be scum, if Wombat is town, while voting Wombat.

Oh my gosh.

@AVM my cell wont let me quote.... but after the last game I realized that I could push a lynch all day and wave my arms in the air but the tells I follow are vastly different than the tells the rest of you follow because you have a lot more experience with each other. So I put my vote where my mouth is. I by no means was taking credit on Nolder's train building. JiF put in the work and build a case. What he said added to what I saw. I could have did a 1000000 words reply but why do that? he was picking up on irregularities in Nol as I have.

As far as Lily goes I havent played with her in ages but I dont recall her tone being this bad on DM.

Bold -- In my post in which I voted for you, I quoted you saying "I started the Nolder train" or something to that effect.  So....yeah.  You kind of were lol.

Underline -- I think I've already said it (not positive?), but I was off base with the Lily part.  I was under the assumption that you, coming from DM, had played a heck of a lot of games with her.  You've both said you haven't, so I apologize and am moving on from that point.

I don't really understand the OMGUS bit. Nol voted me after I voted him.

The OMGUS bit was a part of the big picture of what was going on right then.  You and Nolder had votes on each other (and if I remember correctly, you plaved a vote on him then he placed a vote on you soon thereafter), which put over half the game on the vote count having votes.  If you recall my case, it was predicated on you and him voting each other to both distance yourselves from each other and spread out votes even more.  It's a tactic I've seen used before, because even if one of the two of you go down you can point back later and say "I was the first on ________'s train!!!!" (ahem...)

So the mod says Verb is traveling and will be sporadic but we are running him up anyway?

Okay...

This too.  Putting a vote on Verb there was turrible.

Maybe if I explain my thought process you guys will understand where I was coming from.

Game starts. Some people started voting Arsis. Around page 3 he says:

That's a townArsis post, imo. I've played like 2-3 games with Arsis on DM, Halli's game here on JN and I've had multiple conversations with him about mafia. He loves rolling scum with a passion. Despises rolling town and doesn't feel like he knows how to play as a townie. So when he rolls scum, he's very motivated, over-eager, scheming like. It was apparent in Halli's game here when he flew off the handle and got caught. As town he's doesn't care. He's awkward. The above post of like..... yeah, I'm town if anyone actually cares.... gave me a town feel. Again, this is like only page 3 so there isn't much to go by. 

Then 6 minutes later, Nolder drops this gem:

1. He didn't sound nervous at all so lol

2. He was just pilling along with the rest for a stupid reason.

Arsis responds:

This is actually another post that seems townie for Arsis. He is basically using OMGUS to guess at who the scum team might be. Those are the three people who were voting him at that moment. It's silly and it's not something he'd say as scum, imo.

Then Nolder replies:

He should be speaking for himself and yet he chooses to speak for all three.

Crusher then tells Arsis he's at L-2 and it's time to fake reveal. Arsis says no thank you. Another post that makes him look townie. He just seems to not care. As scum he would have happily fake revealed by now.

Then I vote Nolder:

Then Lily drops by:

It's not desperate, it's stupid. Arsis wouldn't use OMGUS as scum. It will get him lynched in like a second. He has an air of not caring and decided to take the easiest angle so he doesn't have to put in any work lol

So yeah, this is page 3. This is all I had to go on. A gutfeeling about Arsis and a consequent bad feeling about Nolder as a result. Nolder later on voting me to 'beat the grass' did nothing to change my feelings about him. Then JiF started leaning in on Nolder which got him to emo vomit all over the thread. JiF did great, I agreed with him and saw absolutely NO REASON to change my vote at any point.

What I find funny is that I'm getting crap for having an initial vote on Nolder and then keeping it there while "doing nothing but agreeing with JiF". While someone like... oh lets say Lilly... never mentioned Nolder at any point and actually jumped on Arsis WITH him...... but then later on drops a vote on Nolder:

ie showing up.... dropping and agreed with JiF's case... and putting her vote on Nolder. 

So I fail to see a distinction.

At the end of the day I put my vote on Nolder over not much, I agree. I didn't have much info to go on that early in the game plus I don't think trying to push it would have changed much. I let my vote speak for itself. And when JiF unmasked him I agreed with him whole heartedly.

The biggest takeaway from this was your highlighting of Lily, to me.  The "sounds desperate" bit from her and Nol both in regards to Arsis strikes me as more than odd and feels forced.  Now sort of more interested in her alignment.

What's to understand?  I love Hess and I think Smash needs to be voted up for lack of activity.  Pretty simple concepts.

I feel like this has become the new voting up 80 or one of the other "usual suspects" on D1.  I feel like "we need to vote Smash to get him talking" gets said every game.

While generally speaking that is true this feels more like an excuse to keep his vote on Smash than genuine reason.

Jesus are you f***ers gonna lynch me or what?  We got a deadline here.

Unvote vote 80

I've never been less phased by a self vote before.  And it's a day after a the three year anny of a very scary time in my life, so I'm phased by things easily.

00523720.jpg

Lily, Nyn, 80 IMO.

Any interest in Lily?  We've got an hour and a half

I like Nyn and 80 better. I've got JIF as "superbus twink scum" and Wombat as "played himself into a corner scum" on the bubble for the 3rd spot in my top 3. 

Frankly, I shelved my case on Nyn to let her get comfortable and see if she'd do anything that catches anyone else's attention if I stopped grilling her. My case was what it was, but screaming it in all your faces doesn't get you to follow me.

... that's why JIF is suddenly pushing for us to explore Wbat and Smash with 2 hours to the deadline, because now we've got Nyn and 80 as the vote leaders and nobody muddling town thoughts to save either of them under the wire. 

I fully expect 80 to claim a major power role (or at least I did before writing this), and I intend on seeing his lynch through either way. 

... that's why JIF is suddenly pushing for us to explore Wbat and Smash with 2 hours to the deadline, because now we've got Nyn and 80 as the vote leaders and nobody muddling town thoughts to save either of them under the wire. 

I fully expect 80 to claim a major power role (or at least I did before writing this), and I intend on seeing his lynch through either way. 

I don't think Nyn has votes anymore with me unvoting her

I think 80 is scum, and I think JIF is bussing his whole team, tbh.

I know JiF built the case on Nol day 1 and then I seem to remember 80 posting something to the effect of how he should get credit instead of JiF.  Just worth noting, may be worth looking at regardless of how 80 flips.

I know JiF built the case on Nol day 1 and then I seem to remember 80 posting something to the effect of how he should get credit instead of JiF.  Just worth noting, may be worth looking at regardless of how 80 flips.

JIF doesn't catch scum on D1, let alone catch scum on D1 with a case. It was easy for JIF to pin his ears back and shred everything Nolder said to use it against him, because he knew he was scum already. 

I am literally the only person here who has caught scum on D1 regularly, with logic and casing. JIF is not on my level. 

Archived