Rex Ryan- I need every win I can get

faba

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just batsh*t insane. No competent GM came the first time with Rex attached, now we're going to force him on a 3rd GM, and be under the delusional impression that he's not going to be an even worse candidate than Idzik is? How is there anyone alive with any modicum of brain function who can arrive at this conclusion?

Like I said, there is a contingent of this fanbase who would prefer to lose in perpetuity with Rex, than to go on a multiple Super Bowl run without him.

Rex is a cancer on this franchise, and the sooner he is excised, the sooner we can recover.

You don't seem to understand how great Rex is as a coach. With Rex, we have a built-in advantage defensively over almost any team we play. People have been getting on this defense all season as if they're underperforming. Maybe when it comes to turnovers, yeah... but points allowed? We have NO ONE at corner. NO ONE. This team should be giving up 10+ points more per game than it does. Every once in a while a team like the Bills or Chargers will come along and destroy our secondary. You see that, but you don't see all the times when this secondary doesn't get destroyed even though by all rights, it should. There's no reason that any QB in the league should not have a successful day against us, and yet many haven't. Why? Rex.

Even more damning was Mark Sanchez's quote on Chip Kelly the other night, talking about how awe-struck he was by Chip's overall level of preparation…struck me as an indictment against Wrecks.

I listened to part of a post game press conference when a reporter asked Chip what Sanchez did well after his first game with Philly.  He broke down exact plays where Sanchez made a good read and how it happened.  It was like he was explaining it from Sanchez's perspective.  Interesting stuff and it showed how much Kelly knows offense.

Yes the defense that is the worst in the NFL in the Red Zone and is almost last in points allowed. -Rex had nothing to do with that part of it. He  gets credit for other teams not scoring more points against us.

You don't seem to understand how great Rex is as a coach. With Rex, we have a built-in advantage defensively over almost any team we play. People have been getting on this defense all season as if they're underperforming. Maybe when it comes to turnovers, yeah... but points allowed? We have NO ONE at corner. NO ONE. This team should be giving up 10+ points more per game than it does. Every once in a while a team like the Bills or Chargers will come along and destroy our secondary. You see that, but you don't see all the times when this secondary doesn't get destroyed even though by all rights, it should. There's no reason that any QB in the league should not have a successful day against us, and yet many haven't. Why? Rex.

Did you have an loud, drunk, and fat uncle who touched your feet as a child?

Someone is getting fired this offseason. It'd be funny if Idzik is canned and Rex stays

I don't know if "funny" is the word I'd use to describe it; more like, "Jets-esque."

Zjwo4.gif

Did you have an loud, drunk, and fat uncle who touched your feet as a child?

LOL. Like I said, there's a low-information contingent of the fanbase caught up in Rex's cult of personality; they'd rather endure losing seasons for the rest of their lives so long as Rex is running the show, than win multiple Super Bowls with anyone else. It's the most positively bizarre phenomenon I've ever witnessed.

Again, why wait till the end of the year to play for Rex. Why not start the season that way...rack up 12 wins and shut everyone up. Now they are 2-8 and deciding to play for Rex...laughable.

The season is over. Playing for Rex now means that you are screwing the franchise of a top 5 pick that we need to replace Geno Smith....

thanks for nothing.

Again, why wait till the end of the year to play for Rex. Why not start the season that way...rack up 12 wins and shut everyone up. Now they are 2-8 and deciding to play for Rex...laughable.

The season is over. Playing for Rex now means that you are screwing the franchise of a top 5 pick that we need to replace Geno Smith....

thanks for nothing.

I mean, if you combine the last 4 games of last season with what we're about to do in the 2nd half that's almost 12 wins.

Rex is a glorified defensive coordinator.  He's not good enough a coach to overcome not having a qb and not having any talent.

So tell me, who are the coaches that are good enough to overcome not having a qb and not having any talent? Indeed, no QB, no talent. That's on the genius in the front office.

thanks for nothing.

This season is toast.

2015 starts today and the Jets HC/GM job are desirable positions. Best city in the USA, 20M extra in cap space, top draft pick slot.

The Jets are at a crossroads here. They have an opportunity to catch the Pats and elite teams with the right HC and management.

This season is toast.

2015 starts today and the Jets HC/GM job are desirable positions. Best city in the USA, 20M extra in cap space, top draft pick slot.

The Jets are at a crossroads here. They have an opportunity to catch the Pats and elite teams with the right HC and management.

Exactly...Why waste time and another season by even considering Rex...its over. Scrap this regime and start anew without any conditions on the New GM.

Archived