How many draft picks do we have?

Smizzy

I don't think so. A poster on another site told me It's a conditional pick in 2007. not his yr.

So I think we still have them all,plus 1.

Your right I found it on another site and it said a conditional late round pick in 07...Im guessing a 6th or 7th rounder

Also we got a 7th for Cowart...yipppeee

Also Im thinking a 4th for Jordan and a 5th for Ferguson and Kareem...JMO

forgot about the pick for Cowart

what about McGraw?

Here's what I found, not too helpful.

Jets Trade McGraw, Waive Hunter

The New York Jets announced Wednesday they have received a conditional draft selection from Detroit for safety Jon McGraw and waived cornerback Pete Hunter. The announcements were made by Jets

Classic bradway. We give up a 5th (next year) for Pete Hunter who never even made the squad, a 6 or 7 for Morley (Morley who? you may ask) and only get a seventh for Cowart, a starting pro-bowl caliber player for us, and now a starter that played all season for Minny. How can Bradway still have a job? and how can anyone with an ounce of objectivity still defend him after the Skins rape, the failed siging of Winfeild, the cold-shoulder of Lynch, the two firsts and a fourth for D-rob, the drafting of B. Thomas when we had two top-shelf DE's already, the gift of our head coach to the chiefs for only a fourth rounder (and Pete Hunter cost us a fifth!) and the jolley/nugent debacle. How is Bradway not selling bibles to widows in the midwest by now? The NFL is obviously way out of his league.

Classic bradway. We give up a 5th (next year) for Pete Hunter who never even made the squad, a 6 or 7 for Morley (Morley who? you may ask) and only get a seventh for Cowart, a starting pro-bowl caliber player for us, and now a starter that played all season for Minny. How can Bradway still have a job? and how can anyone with an ounce of objectivity still defend him after the Skins rape, the failed siging of Winfeild, the cold-shoulder of Lynch, the two firsts and a fourth for D-rob, the drafting of B. Thomas when we had two top-shelf DE's already, the gift of our head coach to the chiefs for only a fourth rounder (and Pete Hunter cost us a fifth!) and the jolley/nugent debacle. How is Bradway not selling bibles to widows in the midwest by now? The NFL is obviously way out of his league.

Hunter was a conditional 7th, not a 5th. Probably get a 6th or 7yh back from Detroit for McGraw.

These are all old issues. The Winfield and Lynch failures allowed Barrett and Coleman to start. Both played very well last season, althouth they slumped this year. Losing Hall was no big deal. K-Mac hurt more. Jolley was an error, but how much of that was because of the offensive line issues, and the Q/B rotation? Nugent will be fine.

The B Thomas is an error, even if he seems to be our best run-stopping lineman.

These are all old issues. The Winfield and Lynch failures allowed Barrett and Coleman to start. Both played very well last season, althouth they slumped this year. Losing Hall was no big deal. K-Mac hurt more. Jolley was an error, but how much of that was because of the offensive line issues, and the Q/B rotation? Nugent will be fine.

The B Thomas is an error, even if he seems to be our best run-stopping lineman.

These are all old issues.

Well, yeah, they are old issues. When judging a person's history I think it would be foolish not to address anything but present and future screw-ups. A criminal has a rap-sheet for a reason. Bradway has a long rap-sheet. His body of work speaks for itself, but if you want to look to the future I suggest considering the fact that the only pro-bowler he's drafted in five years is playing for another team.

The Winfield and Lynch failures allowed Barrett and Coleman to start.

So Barrett and Coleman are better than Winfield and Lynch? Or is it just the fact that they start that is a positive? Because someone has to start at those positions, don't they?

Losing Hall was no big deal.

No, Hall wasn't great. But Doug Brien...well, I don't think i need to make this point. And after all, if we keep hall, we don't blow a second-round pick on Nugent who can't touch Hall's kickoffs with the wind at his back.

K-Mac hurt more.

Pennington, Fiedler, Curtis, and Blaylock would agree.

Jolley was an error

make that another error

The B Thomas is an error, even if he seems to be our best run-stopping lineman

when you pass on ED Reed for him, the error is monumental. When he, as a backup D-end is the best run-stopper on a line that has a guy you spent tons of cash, two-firsts and a fourth on, you've got some major talent assessment issues.

Hey hey!... are you infering we appleknockers are a little slower out here?

I'm sorry Newjet, I'll try to type slower. :lol:

(the reference was to the movie "Paper Moon" where a guy looks up widows in the Obits, and then sells them custom-made inscribed bibles that the deceased had "ordered" before he died. An old grifter-type flick)

• 3 weeks later...

Comp picks were announced in late March last season so I'm expecting the same this year. We should be looking at three comp picks at the very least. Consider the fact that trading John Abe is likely as well as a strong possibility that we trade down I can see us adding three picks by draft day (a couple of seconds and a third or fourth)?

Archived