Jets Screw Up Big Time- - Again

PatsFanTX

When Bill Parcells left the Pats to coach the Jets, the Pats received a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round draft picks as compensation.

When Jon Gruden left the Raiders for Tampa Bay, the Raiders received two 1st's, two 2nd's and $8 million as compensation.

When Vermeil left the Rams in 2001 for the Cheifs, the Rams received a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick, even though Vermeil was officially retired at the time.

When Hermy was scooped by the Chiefs, the Jets only received a measley 4th round pick. :shock:

Did Woody ever pass Negotiating 101?

What a friggn' joke. #-o

TEX, even you cant be this stupid to start a thread like this....come on ..

You guys know my feelings on Hermy as a NFL HC.

The point is, the Jets received diddly-squat in return for losing a HC that still was under contract for 2 more years, regardless of who that HC is.

How the hell could the Chiefs have pulled this off without tampering?

Woody should have immediately filed tampering charges with the NFL and let Tags decide what compensation should have been for tampering.

I bet it would have been a hell of a lot more then one 4th round pick.

The point is, the Jets received diddly-squat in return for losing a HC that still was under contract for 2 more years, regardless of who that HC is.

Woody should have immediately filed tampering charges with the NFL and let Tags decide what compensation should have been for tampering.

once again THIS POINT HAS BEEN MADE. get over yourself.

wrong tx. woody wanted herm out - tired of throwing $$ away. if woody fires hermy he is out $4M and still has to pay a new HC. instead, woody gets a 4th rd pick for the same outcome he wanted all along. sounds like the jets are the big winners of this deal.

Fact #1: Herm is gone. - Good.

Fact #2: We now have a second 4th rounder. - Good

We're all good Tx.

Fact #3 The jets got taken out behind the woodshed by peterson

Fact #4 bracuse of bradway's ties to KC he allowed that to happen and won't take action to prevent it from happening again.

Fact #3 The jets got taken out behind the woodshed by peterson

Fact #4 bracuse of bradway's ties to KC he allowed that to happen and won't take action to prevent it from happening again.

Um neither of those are facts. Go back to school little boy and take some more science and/or english classes.

It's a good thing the Jets keep screwing up, right Tx?

Yep, especially now that I can't blast Hermy and PennyBoy anymore.

Kind of enriches life.

Not really, I just laugh at how incompetent the Jets are.

I know it's tough but imagine a Jets dynasty.

Just wouldn't be as much fun.

vanDoug, that is something we'll both never have to worry about. :wink:

Probably wouldn't see your name as much.

I took my lumps back in 2002 when the Jets won the AFCE on a 3-way tiebreaker. I'll still be around no matter what happens.

I took my lumps back in 2002 when the Jets won the AFCE on a 3-way tiebreaker. I'll still be around no matter what happens.

That couldn't have happened without the stupidity of Wanny and the playing for Pride Pats! Had the Fin's won they win the east with a 10-6 record! =D>

Fact #1: Herm is gone. - Good.

Fact #2: We now have a second 4th rounder. - Good

We're all good Tx.

I hate to disagree with you Tex, but I think this is a win-win situation with the Herm.

They get rid of him and they get a decent draft pick for him. All KC should have given the Chiefs is a $50 gift certificate to KC Masterpiece Barbecue.

Barbrcue? Herm? KC? Match made in heaven?

tx don't listen to these guys. all your posts are innovating & exciting. I don't care how many threads contain the same info, it means a lot more when you post it.

max, can we get one of those bowing to tx emoticons? It would save me a lotta typing.

Just thought i'd change it up a bit from my "heypatsfantroll, why do you post here" format

again tx, thank you for keeping things in perspective for us dillusional jetfans

tx don't listen to these guys. all your posts are innovating & exciting. I don't care how many threads contain the same info, it means a lot more when you post it.

max, can we get one of those bowing to tx emoticons? It would save me a lotta typing.

Just thought i'd change it up a bit from my "heypatsfantroll, why do you post here" format

again tx, thank you for keeping things in perspective for us dillusional jetfans

Willy,

Why do I get the feeling you are busting my chops? [-X

:lol::lol:=D>=D> POTW!!!!

AGREED

I hate to disagree with you Tex, but I think this is a win-win situation with the Herm.

They get rid of him and they get a decent draft pick for him. All KC should have given the Chiefs is a $50 gift certificate to KC Masterpiece Barbecue.

Barbrcue? Herm? KC? Match made in heaven?

PFSIKH, you're absolutely correct. If you look at this deal overall, Jets fans who wanted Herm out should be more then pleased. Believe it or not 4th rounder was Herm's market value. If it wasn't another team would have come in with a better offer. The Chiefs know they were the only ones who wanted Herm.

So if you wanted him fired, then we gain nothing. If you thought we should have gotten a "better deal" then another team would have thrown their names into the hat. For example if it was Belichick who wanted out of NE, do you think it would have been just one team looking for his services? It's basic economic principles. There was little demand for Herm therefore the price won't be that high.

It doesn't matter if you wanted Herm out or not. You can't turn your head and ignore the fact our front office fumbled the ball here and were once again taken advantage of by another team.

Since when are the NY Jets in the business of supplying teams around the league with whatever they want?

Coles gets tendered to low. Why? because Idiot bradway didn't think anybody would take him. The skins came in and cleaned us out. for pennies.

Now KC comes in and says "your head coach is kinda cute....can we have him? "

The Jets say " sure....he's almost worn out his welcome anyway...what do you want to give me" ?

Huh?

Are we the

It doesn't matter if you wanted Herm out or not. You can't turn your head and ignore the fact our front office fumbled the ball here and were once again taken advantage of by another team.

Since when are the NY Jets in the business of supplying teams around the league with whatever they want?

Coles gets tendered to low. Why? because Idiot bradway didn't think anybody would take him. The skins came in and cleaned us out. for pennies.

Now KC comes in and says "your head coach is kinda cute....can we have him? "

The Jets say " sure....he's almost worn out his welcome anyway...what do you want to give me" ?

Huh?

Are we the

exactly. bradway has NO IDEA how to enter into talks for anything and come out looking ok. he gets embarrised every time he deals with another team.

First of all let's keep this to the Herm situation. Smizzy if you were told mid season that at the end of 2005 Hrem would be gone and we'd have an extra 4th from it, you wouldn't have been happy.

The truth is whether you guys think we had all this leverage because he was under contract, you're wrong.

If I own a 1990 Ford Taurus and I want to sell it, just because I own it doesn't mean I can name ANY price and receive it. The other party has to agree. Say you have the ad in the paper for 2 months and you get ONE call for $400, you can do 2 things: Sell it to the guy or bring it to the junkyard. Which is better in your mind, getting $400 or getting nothing?

First of all let's keep this to the Herm situation. Smizzy if you were told mid season that at the end of 2005 Hrem would be gone and we'd have an extra 4th from it, you wouldn't have been happy.

The truth is whether you guys think we had all this leverage because he was under contract, you're wrong.

If I own a 1990 Ford Taurus and I want to sell it, just because I own it doesn't mean I can name ANY price and receive it. The other party has to agree. Say you have the ad in the paper for 2 months and you get ONE call for $400, you can do 2 things: Sell it to the guy or bring it to the junkyard. Which is better in your mind, getting $400 or getting nothing?

the thing that you ignore is that herm wasn't worthless because SOMONE WANTED HIM. bradway let his value go into the toilet and gave him away for nothing. he just gave in to the joke proposal that his daddy peterson offered him. he dosn't even know what the word hardball means. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO LET HERM TALK TO THE CHEIFS. they could've held out and at least put a LITTLE preassure on the chiefs to give up somthing of value. i would've MUCH rather bradway played hardball and herm not be able to coach anywhere next year then get a worthless 4th round pick and come out looking like a mickey mouse franchise as the jets always look under bradway and woody.

the thing that you ignore is that herm wasn't worthless because SOMONE WANTED HIM.

The thing that you're ignoring is that someone WANTED the product in my example as well. Maybe when you're old enough to take an economics class you'll understand.

Archived