Heisman winner Mariota drafted by the NY Jets, I wonder

kuma

With the 2nd pk in the 2015 NFL Draft the NY Jets draft Marcus Mariota from the University of Oregon  

What do you think

1- I WONDER a QB

2- A Wide out

3- Trade the pick away

4- Do the usual draft Defense  

if mariota is there you take him thats it!!

If he is there we take him but we do not move up to take him.  We'll need a vet stopgap QB anyway so that we can let whichever QB we draft (in whatever early round) sit and learn and get NFL ready.  (Mariota looks puny and could use a year of NFL conditioning for example)

With the 2nd pk in the 2015 NFL Draft the NY Jets draft Marcus Mariota from the University of Oregon  

What do you think

1- I WONDER a QB

2- A Wide out

3- Trade the pick away

4- Do the usual draft Defense  

The Mariota family lives in fear of this every day of their lives.

If Mariota is there and it it only requires a move of a spot or two to get him then you make that move. Still plan for a veteran to come in and hopefully play well enough to lead the team for a yr until Mariota can get adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

If he is there we take him but we do not move up to take him.  We'll need a vet stopgap QB anyway so that we can let whichever QB we draft (in whatever early round) sit and learn and get NFL ready.  (Mariota looks puny and could use a year of NFL conditioning for example)

aside from mariota who else is there?? don't say Winston that kid will be a bust or in prison this team need a QB in the worst way if we cant get that one pick you go WR we need to move up and go mariota

aside from mariota who else is there?? don't say Winston that kid will be a bust or in prison this team need a QB in the worst way if we cant get that one pick you go WR we need to move up and go mariota

It's still too early to tell but 2nd-3rd round QB's are Hundley, Prescott, and Petty.  I don't know much about them but one of them could very well be a worth redshirt project for a year behind the stopgap vet we get in FA.  So WR or LT in the first round if Mariota is gone and whoever redshirt QB in the 2nd round.  That is they way I'd do it.  

I'd always be looking to redshirt my pick for a year, every year, until we find one.  Unless of course they are an Andrew Luck type.  After all, up until recently that has been the tried and true way to do it.   

the jets will be drafting 1 spot after the "elite" players are gone. I'm thinking 5th- 7th

If they lose out, and with GeNO at the helm, they have a way bet4ter than 75 percent of achieving that magic 2-14 goal

My analysis puts them at second behind the Raidaz.

Sorry if I am a little negative. But I think Mariota will get screwed for the Heisman. The last two weeks the Alabama crew has been pushing that WR of there's. Those reactionary questions have started to crank uo. "Why doesn't a WR win" and "a quaterback' always wins." Trust me. I can already see the ESPN show Heisman's Biggest Scandals. If he'd have only gone to USC .....

Archived