Jets Sign CB Keith Lewis To Practice Squad

jetsrule128

1-10-JAC 40 (2:45) 5-B.Bortles pass deep left to 88-A.Hurns to TB 41 for 19 yards (41-K.Lewis).

3-2-JAC 41 (6:55) (Shotgun) 5-B.Bortles pass short left to 13-K.Taylor to 50 for 9 yards (41-K.Lewis).

1-10-BUF 35 (15:00) D.Dixon in at QB. (Shotgun) 6-D.Dixon right guard to BUF 39 for 4 yards (41-K.Lewis). Tampa Bay challenged the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands. (Timeout #2.)

2-8-WAS 41 (11:30) (Shotgun) 16-C.McCoy scrambles left end ran ob at 50 for 9 yards (41-K.Lewis).

(8:44) (Shotgun) 16-C.McCoy pass deep left intended for 15-Al.Robinson INTERCEPTED by 41-K.Lewis at TB 0. Touchback (15-Al.Robinson).

3-8-TB 19 (:32) 24-S.Redd up the middle to TB 10 for 9 yards (41-K.Lewis, 58-K.Glaud).

1-10-TB 47 (8:13) (Shotgun) 16-C.McCoy pass short right to 14-R.Grant pushed ob at TB 36 for 11 yards (41-K.Lewis).

It's time to give just about anybody a shot, no??

But he's not getting a shot if he's on the practice sqaud.

Do you honestly think a new coach coming in here is going to want to hang on to guys who were signed to the practice squad with three weeks to go in the season?

But he's not getting a shot if he's on the practice sqaud.

Do you honestly think a new coach coming in here is going to want to hang on to guys who were signed to the practice squad with three weeks to go in the season?

To be fair, I think he was hurt in camp and he has had a boatload of tryouts.  I fully believe he will be signed to a reserves/futures contract by somebody and it is pretty likely that a new coach coming in will keep the guy on the offseason roster.

To be fair, I think he was hurt in camp and he has had a boatload of tryouts. I fully believe he will be signed to a reserves/futures contract by somebody and it is pretty likely that a new coach coming in will keep the guy on the offseason roster.

Fair enough ... I think I'm just so jaded by the mess this season has been that I just want the pain to end.

Fair enough ... I think I'm just so jaded by the mess this season has been that I just want the pain to end.

Well, that is the trouble with these boards.  We post about every pimple on every player's ass.  99.99% of these UDFA types are useless, but they end up in camp.  A few end up useful.  I remember Atari Bigby.  If anybody said it was likely he'd be on the 53 for 2015 I'd be with you that they were nuts.

So, someone who isn't good enough to replace the cr@p we have at CB already, might be an option for next year?

I guess someone else was thinking the same as me ...

http://profootballmock.com/jets-practice-squad-players-humiliated-realize-theyre-not-quite-good-enough-play-jets/

Jets Practice Squad Players Humiliated To Realize They’re Not Quite Good Enough To Play For Jets  
Updated: December 9, 2014

NEW YORK – The nine-man practice squad of the New York Jets came to a sudden, horrifying realization in unison today that despite all their best efforts, they’re not considered quite talented enough to be included on the team’s gameday 53-man active roster, sources close to the humiliated group confirmed this afternoon.

New-York-Jets-Practice-Squad-300x200.png

“It’s pretty humbling,” said rookie WR Quincy Enunwa, New York’s sixth round choice in May’s draft who has yet to play a single snap for the team this season. “I sit there in my civilian clothes on Sunday, watching the Jets lose week after week after week, and I’m thinking to myself ‘Really? I’m not good enough to play for THESE guys?'”

“It’s embarrassing, is what it is,” seconded LB Chris Young. “The other day, I was getting gas, and some kid saw my official team staff T-shirt. So he yells at me, ‘Hey, Mr. Jets Player, whoever you are. You guys suck!’ And I was like, ‘But I don’t play for the Jets regular team. I’m only on their practice squad.’ He just looked at me for minute, trying to process that information. Then he yells back, ‘Wow. Okay then, so you must REALLY suck!’”

According to sources, some members of the squad tried to take the humiliating realization in stride.

“Sure it’s pretty soul-crushing to realize that you’re not considered talented enough to play for the Jets,” said S Rontez Miles But I try to remember that somewhere out there is a player who has it even worse than me. Maybe he’s a right guard, or a nose tackle, or whatever. Whoever it is, he’s the guy that got released to make room for me. The coaches  looked at that guy and decided he wasn’t even good enough to be in the practice squad! There but for the grace of God go I, you know?”

I guess someone else was thinking the same as me ...

http://profootballmock.com/jets-practice-squad-players-humiliated-realize-theyre-not-quite-good-enough-play-jets/

Jets Practice Squad Players Humiliated To Realize They’re Not Quite Good Enough To Play For Jets

By PFM Staff

Updated: December 9, 2014

NEW YORK – The nine-man practice squad of the New York Jets came to a sudden, horrifying realization in unison today that despite all their best efforts, they’re not considered quite talented enough to be included on the team’s gameday 53-man active roster, sources close to the humiliated group confirmed this afternoon.

New-York-Jets-Practice-Squad-300x200.png

“It’s pretty humbling,” said rookie WR Quincy Enunwa, New York’s sixth round choice in May’s draft who has yet to play a single snap for the team this season. “I sit there in my civilian clothes on Sunday, watching the Jets lose week after week after week, and I’m thinking to myself ‘Really? I’m not good enough to play for THESE guys?'”

“It’s embarrassing, is what it is,” seconded LB Chris Young. “The other day, I was getting gas, and some kid saw my official team staff T-shirt. So he yells at me, ‘Hey, Mr. Jets Player, whoever you are. You guys suck!’ And I was like, ‘But I don’t play for the Jets regular team. I’m only on their practice squad.’ He just looked at me for minute, trying to process that information. Then he yells back, ‘Wow. Okay then, so you must REALLY suck!’”

According to sources, some members of the squad tried to take the humiliating realization in stride.

“Sure it’s pretty soul-crushing to realize that you’re not considered talented enough to play for the Jets,” said S Rontez Miles But I try to remember that somewhere out there is a player who has it even worse than me. Maybe he’s a right guard, or a nose tackle, or whatever. Whoever it is, he’s the guy that got released to make room for me. The coaches  looked at that guy and decided he wasn’t even good enough to be in the practice squad! There but for the grace of God go I, you know?”

Who goes out of their way to deride someone like that at a gas station? Really, no wonder players don't want to come here unless they get a boatload of money. Young should have said "what the f*ck do you do azzhole"

Our fans really do suck.

Who goes out of their way to deride someone like that at a gas station? Really, no wonder players don't want to come here unless they get a boatload of money. Young should have said "what the f*ck do you do azzhole"

Our fans really do suck.

+1

Worst fans in the NFL. Just watch the 35000 out of 45000 seats filled by Patriot fans next week as an good example.

And the sit at homers...just as bad. Just spend about 30 seconds listening to that alleged Jet "fan" POS Joe "I love to wallow in my long suffering misery "Benigno for the best example of why there are no NFL fans worse than us

+1

Worst fans in the NFL. Just watch the 35000 out of 45000 seats filled by Patriot fans next week as an good example.

And the sit at homers...just as bad. Just spend about 30 seconds listening to that alleged Jet "fan" POS Joe "I love to wallow in my long suffering misery "Benigno for the best example of why there are no NFL fans worse than us

45 years and counting causes this..........

Archived