The end is near, Rex cleaned out his office- link

Barkus

Big money, reporters wrapped around your dick, zero expectation of results, and a gullible owner who empowers you to scapegoat literally anyone else in the organization for your failings? You bet that's a great job.

I think his favorite part was when he slept with your sister that one time, then didn't call her again.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These beat reporters are covering this like it's the fall of Saigon. Mostly because they know the next guy who ever he is is not going to be nearly as easy to cover in every way.Ryan between access and his big mouth buffoonery was a ground ball every day. The tears are almost visible in Mehta's tweets(unfortunately yesterday was only a day of fof Mehta). He might actually have to work for stories next season.

Of course Idzik got a raw deal.  Hiring a GM without giving him control over thge Head Coach, then firing that GM before ever allowing him to hire a Head Coach, is almost laughably inept as an organization.

Bad picking/moves aside, Idzik was deeply, analy, ****ed by the New York Jets.

But so what, this isn't T-Ball, this is the NFL.  The Big Leagues.

If you cannot handle a difficult situation, rise to the challenge, and build success with what you DO control, free agency, draft picks, salary and contracts, etc......then you get what you deserve.

Idzik got a raw deal, but is also getting exactly what his level of ineptitute has warranted.

His drafts were awful. 19 minutes of babbling and blubbering in front of the press back in November didn't help to inspire any more confidence.

His press conference was the kiss of death, he had a chance to rally the fan base, but man that was awful and he lost 99%

That 19 minutes was an organizational disaster. Exposed and confirmed the worst, that Woody Johnson really has no idea what he's doing. No one with an ounce of common sense gives Idzik any more responsibility than back office financial stuff.

His drafts were awful. 19 minutes of babbling and blubbering in front of the press back in November didn't help to inspire any more confidence.

You cant have slotted starters go AWOL then follow up with a 3-13 season and expect to be safe. Patterson never going AWOL before isnt an excuse...yeah Idzik kind of got a raw deal...but this team was going nowhere if he stayed on.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/charley_casserly_already_working_to_find_replacements_for_jets_rex_ryan_and_john_idzik_per_sources.html

Looks like idzik is gone too. I think idzik got a raw deal, being forced to keep Ryan. But he really messed up in the secondary and wr, so that is his downfall

I think the fans got a raw deal having been handed Rex and his stand-up act instead of a good coach, and having had any chance of a good GM being hired being floundered away when the owner insisted upon limiting the candidates to those willing to keep Rex.

I think the fans got a raw deal having been handed Rex and his stand-up act instead of a good coach, and having had any chance of a good GM being hired being floundered away when the owner insisted upon limiting the candidates to those willing to keep Rex.

Still have yet to hear a coherent explanation as to why, if Rex is such a good coach, that his presence here made the GM job so unattractive to prospective candidates.

No chance rex is the one who leaked his story huh? A real pro right to the end

No question.

Rex Ryan says there's "no better job" than HC of the NYJ. #nyj

Yeah, being HC of the NYJ is like being a weatherman, you can be wrong and awful at it every day and you still get paid to go on TV and make bad jokes.

And one last Rex'ism before he goes..

Ryan on development of CB Marcus Williams: "For some reason, he got coached and Josh Thomas didn't." Zing. #nyj

Rex is too bitter and sensitive to be a head coach. I've never seen a bigger, more blatant example of the "all talk bully, who is really an over-sensitive puss" than this man.

Still have yet to hear a coherent explanation as to why, if Rex is such a good coach, that his presence here made the GM job so unattractive to prospective candidates.

Because the GM job generally comes with the ability to hire one's own coach. No matter who the coach was, forcing the next GM to keep him was going to shrink the talent pool for the job.

Rex is too bitter and sensitive to be a head coach. I've never seen a bigger, more blatant example of the "all talk bully, who is really an over-sensitive puss" than this man.

hes an over sensitive puss for throwing a jab back at someone who threw a jab at him? Really?

Guys not a great coach, might not even be a decent one, but to make him out as some pussified weasel is comical

Not our problem after Monday. But at a loss how these media morons like Peter King continue to say Ryan will be a candidate for a HC slot. What owner or fan base is signing up for a guy who on Day 1 tells you he has nothing to do with the offense spare some tired cliche ground and pound nonsense? His act is his father's; he runs a variant of the 4-6 which also takes advantage of what ever superior personnel he may have, he like good corners and blitzes. ANd his and his brothers's defenses wilt at the end of games. And by design the offense is mostly garbage because he doesn;t care at all about it. And who is siging up to be an OC under him unless you like getting torched behind your back on a daily basis. Hell, his chosen DC got fed up and left.

Because the GM job generally comes with the ability to hire one's own coach. No matter who the coach was, forcing the next GM to keep him was going to shrink the talent pool for the job.

Wouldn't a GM love the chance to work with the coach that got a team to not one but TWO AFCCG's with Mark Sanchez? It's like buying a house that comes with Kate Upton as the live-in maid!

Wouldn't a GM love the chance to work with the coach that got a team to not one but TWO AFCCG's with Mark Sanchez? It's like buying a house that comes with Kate Upton as the live-in maid!

Rex got 6 years...he got plenty of time. I dont see how anyone's upset with change here.

hes an over sensitive puss for throwing a jab back at someone who threw a jab at him? Really?

Yes.

He's the head coach of the New York Jets. He should be bigger than that, but he's so over-sensitive and insecure that he's got to use his platform to make sure we all know that he's firing back... bravado, bluster, take a swing at one of ours, blah, blah, blah... I have never in my life seen such a phony tough-guy act thinly veiling such deep-rooted insecurity.

Yes.

He's the head coach of the New York Jets. He should be bigger than that, but he's so over-sensitive and insecure that he's got to use his platform to make sure we all know that he's firing back... bravado, bluster, take a swing at one of ours, blah, blah, blah... I have never in my life seen such a phony tough-guy act thinly veiling such deep-rooted insecurity.

Exactly; the phoniest of tough guys. Arguing with your former 6th corner is really a foolish thing to do.

Not our problem after Monday. But at a loss how these media morons like Peter King continue to say Ryan will be a candidate for a HC slot. What owner or fan base is signing up for a guy who on Day 1 tells you he has nothing to do with the offense spare some tired cliche ground and pound nonsense? His act is his father's; he runs a variant of the 4-6 which also takes advantage of what ever superior personnel he may have, he like good corners and blitzes. ANd his and his brothers's defenses wilt at the end of games. And by design the offense is mostly garbage because he doesn;t care at all about it. And who is siging up to be an OC under him unless you like getting torched behind your back on a daily basis. Hell, his chosen DC got fed up and left.

I can see an owner falling for Rex's happy talk, but I can't imagine there's a GM out there who would ever trust Ryan with his career after he effectively got two GMs fired. Those other GMs know a lot more about what should have been expected from those Jets draft classes than we do. Giving him a draft class is like setting your sister up with Scott Peterson.

I can see an owner falling for Rex's happy talk, but I can't imagine there's a GM out there who would ever trust Ryan with his career after he effectively got two GMs fired. Those other GMs know a lot more about what should have been expected from those Jets draft classes than we do. Giving him a draft class is like setting your sister up with Scott Peterson.

Idzik retained him.

Trust

I'm not upset about Rex getting fired. I'm just trying to sort out how people still think he's a viable entity as a head coach.

Some people think she asked for it, because of the way she dressed. I suggest you accept the fact you'll never sort it out.

Archived