In memoriam: Rex Ryan

Gainzo

I'm just so glad that he's gone. I really am. And I'm glad that Rob Ryan is getting fired, too. It's the same feeling I get when I hear that a terrorist plot was foiled, or that an al Qaeda bigwig got nuked by a drone, or when I find out that a Kardashian spinoff got cancelled, or when I found out that soy milk might be giving self-righteous vegans cancer. It's like a warm, fist-pumping kinda feeling where nature is setting things right, like when a filthy, impoverished third world nation ruled by a billionaire despot gets wiped out by an earthquake, or when I see a Kid Rock album fail to register on Billboard. Just knowing that bad, awful, incompetent things get steamrolled by God, or people, or nature gives me hope that good things and people will reap the inverse. He was so bad for this franchise and this fanbase in ways that Herm never was: at least Herm was genuine and sincere about his plight. Rex was a used car salesman, a shyster, a thief, and a fraud. It hurt me to see so many people that I deem intelligent fall for it, even though I understood the emotional impulse in their motivation (the strained relationships with their fathers, perhaps, or taking solace in the idea that an everyman jackass can game the system enough to earn a national spotlight). But, he's gone, and the franchise is on its back yet again, and we're as far away from a title as we were when Kotite took the fall. With any luck, we'll Magoo our way into finding a competent human that can start to turn it around. Maybe not. But at least we're no longer knowingly ******* ourselves.

F#ck him.

And nice win for Lowell... do they have a room for all those meaningless holiday trophies you guys keep winning???

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

Did you really say that? Lowell is making the "Flagship" look like AIC!

Let me know when the "Flagship" wins their 2nd Hockey East game this season!

Disclosure: LIil BIt Special and I have known each other for a long time. My school is soo much better than his at hockey.

In Sarasota Florida they have a Hall.of Fame of Ringling Bros circus clowns

Really no need to start another shrine thread dedicated to the one who led the best 4-12 team in NFL history to their fourth straight non winning failed season

Leave Rex alone!

I started this thread because I wanted to hear about all the good things Rex did for the Jets.

Were there any? Seriously, he never won the division and nobody ever remembers the loser of the AFC Championship Game. He failed to develop any young players. In 2009 the Colts got the Jets to the Playoffs, in 2010 the Bengals got the Jets to the playoffs. Rex is a funny guy and the foot fetish video is a classic. Other than that, he was a failure.

In Sarasota Florida they have a Hall.of Fame of Ringling Bros circus clowns

Really no need to start another shrine thread dedicated to the one who led the best 4-12 team in NFL history to their fourth straight non winning failed season

The best chemistry ever for a 4-12 team. Apparently they give out trophies for this and stuff.

If I'm an owner, and I see the players I'm handing millions of dollars to every other week giving their coach a Gatorade bath after going 4-12, I consider cutting the entire team.

I do as well.  That was one of the most pathetic sights I've ever seen while watching a sporting event.  4-12 and for some reason he deserves a Gatorade bath for beating a Dolphins team that had quit, yet still managed to put up 20+ points on the vaunted Jets defense.

Archived