My Top Wide Receiver Prospect Choices...

JetBlue

Which of these receivers would you prefer in a perfect world?  At this point Cooper is the only one with a top 5 - 10 grade but a lot can change between now and the draft...  As far as Beckham is concerned I don't see him going until the end of the first round at the earliest, but again that could change.  

Amari Cooper

Devante Parker

Kevin White

Dorel Green Beckham

Sammie Coates

For my money I would go

1. Kevin White - I think Whites stock will only go up the closer we get to the draft and could break the top ten.  I know I am in the minority but I could see taking him even if Cooper is still on the board... Only thing he is missing is true Elite speed but is not slow by any stretch of the imagination.  Could see us trading down a few spots and then taking him. 

2. Amari Cooper - Safest pick at WR and probably most NFL ready.

3. Dorel Green Beckham - Highest upside of anybody in the draft. If we don't take a WR with our 6th pick, he may be worth moving up for if he drops to the late first or early second round. If he has his head on straight this kid the sky is the limit.

4. Devante Parker - Can't go wrong with Parker; he would make for an excellent consolation prize if we trade out of the 6th spot.  

5. Sammie Coates - A little raw but great combination of size, speed and power for a WR.

Okay lets have at it!

Which of these receivers would you prefer in a perfect world?  At this point Cooper is the only one with a top 5 - 10 grade but a lot can change between now and the draft...  As far as Beckham is concerned I don't see him going until the end of the first round at the earliest, but again that could change.  

Amari Cooper

Devante Parker

Kevin White

Dorel Green Beckham

Sammie Coates

For my money I would go

1. Kevin White - I think Whites stock will only go up the closer we get to the draft and could break the top ten.  I know I am in the minority but I could see taking him even if Cooper is still on the board... Only thing he is missing is true Elite speed but is not slow by any stretch of the imagination.  Could see us trading down a few spots and then taking him. 

2. Amari Cooper - Safest pick at WR and probably most NFL ready.

3. Dorel Green Beckham - Highest upside of anybody in the draft. If we don't take a WR with our 6th pick, he may be worth moving up for if he drops to the late first or early second round. If he has his head on straight this kid the sky is the limit.

4. Devante Parker - Can't go wrong with Parker; he would make for an excellent consolation prize if we trade out of the 6th spot.  

5. Sammie Coates - A little raw but great combination of size, speed and power for a WR.

Okay lets have at it!

I don't know if he better than cooper but I really like white....maybe he will be there for our 2nd pick.

I think there are 6 with the potential to be a special WR1 at the next level:

Cooper 

White 

Strong

Parker

DGB

Coates

You would think that ONE of them will fall to the top of the second round. We should get one there.

Also, there is a GREAT second-tier of WRs (those that can develop into a quality WR2 or WR3)

Ty Montgomery

Justin Hardy

Devin Smith

Rashad Greene

Shaq "Duke" Williams

It's a loaded draft at a position of need. Ideally we double-dip at WR this year.  Let the first-tier rookie compete for the WR1/WR2 role, let the later draft pick compete for the WR2 and WR4 spot with Shaq Evans and Enunwa. 

Coates' hands aren't particularly impressive. Don't think he's what the Jets need.

Lots of good names in this thread. Funchess will probably play some snaps on the perimeter and isn't bad either.

Pretty sure Duke Williams is returning to school.

I can't get a good feel for Cooper. He's not that big and doesn't come across as very explosive, but maybe it's because he's so smooth. His numbers are ridiculous even when adjusting for the offense, but a lot of his production isn't on stuff that seems like it'll translate easily.

I definitely like both White and Parker. Interested to see what kind of shape Green-Beckham is in after a year off.

I think there are 6 with the potential to be a special WR1 at the next level:

Cooper 

White 

Strong

Parker

DGB

Coates

You would think that ONE of them will fall to the top of the second round. We should get one there.

Also, there is a GREAT second-tier of WRs (those that can develop into a quality WR2 or WR3)

Ty Montgomery

Justin Hardy

Devin Smith

Rashad Greene

Shaq "Duke" Williams

It's a loaded draft at a position of need. Ideally we double-dip at WR this year.  Let the first-tier rookie compete for the WR1/WR2 role, let the later draft pick compete for the WR2 and WR4 spot with Shaq Evans and Enunwa. 

I am very hopeful that Shaq Evans will develop into a useful player; perhaps Enuwa will too but that might be asking too much. 

Archived