Anyone Think This Guy Makes it to Our Pick in the Second Round?

JetBlue

BTW for the record, I don't think Parker, White, Strong or Green-Beckham will be available when we pick in the second round and that is why I am not talking about them.  My premise is that Cooper goes to the Raiders and we take either Ray, Gregory or Scherf in the first round.   I think Funchess could and should still be there, but we could definitely debate whether we should go with a Duke Williams,  Ty Montgomery or a Sammie Coates etc.   I really don't see how we could lose with any one of them.

You don't see how the Jets could lose by picking a college TE in the second round to play outside WR in the NFL?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely won't be available by the 6th pick in the second? I don't see that either. Lots of baggage.

Sorry we talking about Green-Beckham or Funchess? We shall see; perhaps you are right.  I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck snatches Beckham up at the end of the first round.... 

You don't see how the Jets could lose by picking a college TE in the second round to play outside WR in the NFL?

The draft is a crap shoot; anyone of those players could bust; because you refuse to see the potential in Funchess game I guess I will just defer to your superior knowledge and leave it alone. 

yeah totes magotes. I see your point, and its valid.

but take this---Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes, Schilens, Evans, Clyde Gates, Jordan White, Jacoby Ford

We may need a WR. But for the last 3 years and then some, WE NEEDED 4.

While WR to compliment Decker would be nice, its hardly a priority.

But hey man, Im not the Gm, youre not the GM, and the beauty of it is we get our points of view. Whatever happens, Im excited because we have fresh eyes all over out NYJ scout room and front office. So AMEN to that.

I'd rather DGB be there than a receiver from Meeeeecheeegaaaan. Has there ever been a successful one?

The guy was kicked off his team and hasn't played in a year and you would rather have him?  Guess what, so would I but not sure he will be there.  

BTW for the record, I don't think Parker, White, Strong or Green-Beckham will be available when we pick in the second round and that is why I am not talking about them.  My premise is that Cooper goes to the Raiders and we take either Ray, Gregory or Scherf in the first round.   I think Funchess could and should still be there, but we could definitely debate whether we should go with a Duke Williams,  Ty Montgomery or a Sammie Coates etc.   I really don't see how we could lose with any one of them.  

What did I just say about the cool name thing?

Obviously we have to draft the DUKE

DUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The guy was kicked off his team and hasn't played in a year and he would rather have him?  Guess what, so would I but not sure he will be there.  

Lol, if you agree with me, then why start your post all salty? Calm down, gent. We may yet draft the gentleman that continues the fine lineage of David Terrell and Mario Manningham.

You seem to have less of a clue than others. A good guess is that it's nowhere near Terrelle Owens. Not even sure it's Braylon Edwards.

What was Terrell Owens before he became "Terrell Owens". I mean I know he was the number 1 draft pick that year... wait sorry didn't he go in the THIRD ROUND???   No one knew now good Owens was going to be and that included you; I bet if someone on a forum somewhere said this kid has talent and a game that reminded them of a (name great wide receiver of your choice) I guess you have been the first to call that an insult too, lol.   

For the record no one said he was going to be another Terrell Owens; I am willing to bet money he will have a better career than Cumberland.  

I need to watch more of him to figure it out for myself, but I know some people think his hands are a pretty big issue. Of course on the flip side Kelvin Benjamin had a bunch of drops this past year but was pretty productive and everyone seems to like him. I'd love to draft one of the big WR's in the second round depending on who's available, not sure if he's the one but certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Jaelen Strong?

It's an insult to Owens and over complimenting Funchess. Second round is his ceiling, in which case he's this draft's Stephen Hill.

im a big fan, but he's going to be some type of hybrid. And Amaro is already that.

But comparisons to Hill are unfair. He had over 100 catches the last 2 years, Hill had about 40 over his whole college career

We have the stud Jace Amaro in this position. I can't see another high draft pick on a guy that can't block 

Btw Fuchness will be a riser and not be there in round 2. We need players like him badly. We don't have anyone that could win a jump ball or could out muscle a CB. 

Lol, if you agree with me, then why start your post all salty? Calm down, gent. We may yet draft the gentleman that continues the fine lineage of David Terrell and Mario Manningham.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend; I was trying to be witty and failed.  Trust me I am extremely calm at the moment lol.    And you are so right; wiht our drafting history he could be Reggie Rembert all over again.... 

We have the stud Jace Amaro in this position. I can't see another high draft pick on a guy that can't block 

Btw Fuchness will be a riser and not be there in round 2. 

You make a very good point although I do think he will be a WR in the NFL not a TE. To your second point I totally agree; I was just hoping he might drop and give us a chance to at least consider him. 

What was Terrell Owens before he became "Terrell Owens". I mean I know he was the number 1 draft pick that year... wait sorry didn't he go in the THIRD ROUND???   No one knew now good Owens was going to be and that included you; I bet if someone on a forum somewhere said this kid has talent and a game that reminded them of a (name great wide receiver of your choice) I guess you have been the first to call that an insult too, lol.   

For the record no one said he was going to be another Terrell Owens; I am willing to bet money he will have a better career than Cumberland.

So a souped up Cumberland like I originally said? Great, still don't want that in the second round.

im a big fan, but he's going to be some type of hybrid. And Amaro is already that.

But comparisons to Hill are unfair. He had over 100 catches the last 2 years, Hill had about 40 over his whole college career

I think they are both two very different types of players.  I like Amaro but I think Funchess has a much bigger upside and is more WR than TE although he may line up in some packages as a TE.  

We don't have anyone that could win a jump ball or could out muscle a CB.

Funchess gets knocked for the lack of physicality on jump balls. The most famous catch of his career is him jumping over a CB rather than through him.

Sick athlete so sure he's got a shot, but not a lot of nuance to his game. Body catcher too.

Jaelen Strong?

Yup. Assuming Harvin sticks around, I think that's the kind of guy the offense needs at WR. Harvin brings an element of explosiveness and YAC ability, Decker's pretty versatile but I kind of view him as a really high end possession receiver, Kerley's a really nice piece in the slot, think a big WR who can win in contested situations would round things out very nicely.

Ditto goes for DGB if he falls that far, though I'm not sure if we're thinking just good character guys with the new regime.

Obviously this is really early too, but that's just my general thought. Good offenses obviously have quality QB's, but those QB's make good use of the fact that they have multiple threats at WR. Much harder when defenses know who they have to key in on and who can't separate against man coverage. Green Bay's killed it with a mix of second round WR's over the years, obviously drafting well is a factor but having a stable of quality guys takes pressure off of everyone.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend; I was trying to be witty and failed.  Trust me I am extremely calm at the moment lol.    And you are so right; wiht our drafting history he could be Reggie Rembert all over again.... 

You aren't going to offend me, short of posting pictures of Bill Belichick eating live kittens.

Yup. Assuming Harvin sticks around, I think that's the kind of guy the offense needs at WR. Harvin brings an element of explosiveness and YAC ability, Decker's pretty versatile but I kind of view him as a really high end possession receiver, Kerley's a really nice piece in the slot, think a big WR who can win in contested situations would round things out very nicely.

Ditto goes for DGB if he falls that far, though I'm not sure if we're thinking just good character guys with the new regime.

Obviously this is really early too, but that's just my general thought. Good offenses obviously have quality QB's, but those QB's make good use of the fact that they have multiple threats at WR. Much harder when defenses know who they have to key in on and who can't separate against man coverage. Green Bay's killed it with a mix of second round WR's over the years, obviously drafting well is a factor but having a stable of quality guys takes pressure off of everyone.

Actually the guy I would (figuratively) cum my pants for is DGB;  just don't think he will be there and if he is, the new regime may not be willing to take the risk....  

Actually the guy I would (figuratively) cum my pants for is DGB;  just don't think he will be there and if he is, the new regime may not be willing to take the risk....  

Yeah, I'm curious to see how he weighs in. Those tall skinny WR's don't usually fare that well. Got to have some meat on those bones to be able to use height effectively to box out smaller corners and win those contested balls downfield, plus beating press, being able to handle hits and stay healthy without nagging injuries, etc. Aside from the hands and general lack of WR skills I thought Hill needed another 15 pounds or so and it would've helped a lot.

DGB's a freak though and has better natural WR ability than Hill - not trying to compare the two. It's the off field stuff that's going to be key, really interested to see reports on how his interviews go.

I'm very interested to see who is right about this kid. I think he is going to be stud and develop into an absolute match up nightmare.  He played WR this year; not TE and I believe he will be WR in the pros.  I like the Benjamin comparison. Alot depends on where he ends up; he has a great upside.

Archived