Russell Wilson's Failed Third Down Pass...

JetBlue

Seattle blew it on their next to last drive.  All they had to do was get another first down.  For the life of me I don't understand why Wilson didn't run for the first down on that 3rd down play.  In that situation there is only one objective:  GET THE FIRST DOWN forget about how you get it!!!    From my vantage point he had a clear lane to pick up the 6 or 7 yards and I was screaming from him to take off but instead he tries to force it into a covered receiver (signs of things to come I guess).

Once the Pats got the ball back I knew they were going to score.   

Seattle blew it on their next to last drive.  All they had to do was get another first down.  For the life of me I don't understand why Wilson didn't run for the first down on that 3rd down play.  In that situation there is only one objective:  GET THE FIRST DOWN forget about how you get it!!!    From my vantage point he had a clear lane to pick up the 6 or 7 yards and I was screaming from him to take off but instead he tries to force it into a covered receiver (signs of things to come I guess).

Once the Pats got the ball back I knew they were going to score.   

YEah, he does that a lot, goes for more then he needs. But the ball was the receivers hands and should've been caught.. so hard to fault the QB too much

YEah, he does that a lot, goes for more then he needs. But the ball was the receivers hands and should've been caught.. so hard to fault the QB too much

I hear you but if you see how long that play took, it looked like he could have just tucked it in and ran for it.   Even if he doesn't make it the clock continues to run.... 

The WR dropped the ball. It was a decent pass.

I am not knocking the accuracy of the pass; I am saying he had a lane with is running ability probably would have picked up the first down and that was the only priority there. Get. The. First. Down. Period.

It is all just conjecture at this point but at the time I was screaming for him to take off and get the first down; I strongly believe he would have gotten it but I guess we will never know.  

This dude is an athletic Mark Sanchez. He used an all world defense and the most feared Running back in pro football to get himself a contract he doesn't deserve. At least that is if the Seahawks management is as idiotic as Tannenbaum was.

This dude is an athletic Mark Sanchez. He used an all world defense and the most feared Running back in pro football to get himself a contract he doesn't deserve. At least that is if the Seahawks management is as idiotic as Tannenbaum was.

Do you really think this? Wilson is way better than Sanchez. He has earned his contract

You can't be serious... If it was up to me, you would be banned for making such a post, lol.  Sanchez couldn't hold Wilsons jock if he had 5 hands. 

He has 72 tds in 3 years 2 Pro Bowls and not one ot his W/R's were even drafted.. BTW his All World D couldn't protect a 10 point lead..

Mark Sanchez   The Jets # 1 defense and running game in 2009-10 has 4x as many road playoff wins as Russell Wilson.  

SAR I  Lame unnecessary signature for a person who is very wrong.

Fixed for you.  Not to mention, Wilson takes a good team and gets them homefield playoff games, making it unnecessary to take their act on the road.  Sanchez took a good team and reduced them to barely making the playoffs his first two years, then swiftly became the # 1 reason the team missed the playoffs in 2011 and 2012.

You can't be serious... If it was up to me, you would be banned for making such a post, lol.  Sanchez couldn't hold Wilsons jock if he had 5 hands. 

He is over the top with a Sanchez comparison but not that much as far as being carried by a dominant defense and running game to cover up your foibles.  People around the league and on these boards ignored a lot of poor Sanchez play his 1st two years and heaped praise on the guy for his playoff exploits.  Once he had to carry the load we all know what happened.

I said in another thread (and of course was killed for it) that wilson is a good Qb but certainly overrated as far as the press and the contract he will be getting.  Much like Flacco was.

Fixed for you.  Not to mention, Wilson takes a good team and gets them homefield playoff games, making it unnecessary to take their act on the road.  Sanchez took a good team and reduced them to barely making the playoffs his first two years, then swiftly became the # 1 reason the team missed the playoffs in 2011 and 2012.

The same lousy head coach you want to give full credit for the two playoff seasons is the reason the quarterback you're scapegoating had no weapons and no protection.

Rex Ryan destroyed the Jets, not Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

That's an entirely different question than "Is Russell Wilson a Mark Sanchez who can run?"  Way to change the subject after making a horrifically wrong comparison.

I don't get what the problem is. I made the comparison and stated the reason . If you didn't understand, then that's a different story. My comparison was in how both players used a strong defense and a top running game to enhance their standing in the eyes of folks who can't see that neither man can run an offense worth a lick.

The only thing Wilson does better than Sanchez is run.

The same lousy head coach you want to give full credit for the two playoff seasons is the reason the quarterback you're scapegoating had no weapons and no protection.

Rex Ryan destroyed the Jets, not Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Was it Rex Ryan who threw 5 ints against the Bills when the team rushes for 300 yards in the same game ? I wanted Ryan gone 3 yrs ago, but I never wanted Sanchez on my Jets. He just isn't any good.

Was it Rex Ryan who threw 5 ints against the Bills when the team rushes for 300 yards in the same game ? I wanted Ryan gone 3 yrs ago, but I never wanted Sanchez on my Jets. He just isn't any good.

Mark Sanchez won 4 road playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Game losses. He was the best pressure QB we've had since Joe Namath, and after those first two years not a Jets fan alive thought we had a QB problem for the next decade.

Ask yourself why everything changed in 2011 and 2012 and then look at our draft picks and look at our free agents and Google terms like "Tim Tebow" and "Peyton Manning Jets" and "Tony Sparano" and "defensive coordinator only" and report back with your findings.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez won 4 road playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in 2 AFC Championship Game losses. He was the best pressure QB we've had since Joe Namath, and after those first two years not a Jets fan alive thought we had a QB problem for the next decade.

Ask yourself why everything changed in 2011 and 2012 and then look at our draft picks and look at our free agents and Google terms like "Tim Tebow" and "Peyton Manning Jets" and "Tony Sparano" and "defensive coordinator only" and report back with your findings.

SAR I

His fumble that was returned for a td was the difference in the Pitt game.. :animal0029:

A QB goes through his progressions, then throws into triple coverage where the receiver makes an amazing catch for a TD.

Would you say it was a great play by the QB ?

Mark Sanchez rode the coat tail of an above average defense and an upper echelon running game to where they could take him. He couldn't get them over the hump, and when they were gone, he stunk up the joint.

He made a lot of money, and it's my hope he invested it well.

Blindside sack by an offensive line that let a safety unabated to the quarterback in under 2 seconds.

Not his fault at all.

SAR I

Sanchez was the best Jet on the field that night but Pitt basically held up a sign 3 seconds before that snap saying they were coming with a corner blitz.

Sanchez has to see that and react better.

Archived