This one's for "The Troll" .....Glennon Man Crush!

32EBoozer

As much as I'd like to keep Harvin we would probably be smart to cut him, keep our 4th & use it to trade for Glennon.

No way am I trading a 3rd for benched QB.

It' would be like Tampa saying, "oh no, a 4th is too little, we want your 3rd".

Our response, "you started McCown over him...why?"

Our 4th is a high 4th, (I think 5th overall?) that should be way more than enough to entice Tampa. Teams don't throw away draft picks anymore, well most teams don't, Rex liked to play around with late picks.

EXACTLY

Our second round pick for Mike Glennon?  Are you people out of your f*cking minds?  

I like Glennon, and thought he was the best QB in the draft two years ago. But what has he done in the NFL to warrant a second round pick (and a high second in our case)? Alex Smith was had for a second round pick.  He was a known commodity.  Glennon is a third round pick whose done NOTHING in this league at this point.

I know we've had to deal with some horrible QB'ing for a while now, but this is absolute madness.

Not really. Glennon didn't get Mike Evans til last year and Evans even missed a couple games he played in. In 2013 he was making stats throwing to Tim Wright and Tiquan Underwood. Underwood isn't even in the nfl now. Kinda debunks the whole "he had great receivers argument"

Although you conveniently forgot to mention Vincent Jackson, who had 78 grabs for over 1200 yards. Tim Wright the T.E had 54 grabs, and now plays for the Pats and had 6 TD's this year subbing for The Gronk.

One thing Glennon, Foles, and Geno have in common is that they are dirt cheap.  Starting QBs for under $1M?  Ballsy.  Even sh*tty guys like Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore, McCown and Vick signed in the $2M - $5M per range.   

Sorry I would rather stick with Geno for another year and just beef up the offensive line and get him more weapons.   There will be future opportunities to add a QB if Geno proves he is not the answer.   I am not going to panic and trade a number 2 for Glennon; that would be stupid.  That would be SOJ kind of move. 

If Geno proves he is not the answer?  How much proof do you need.  The apple has been falling on our heads for 32 weeks.  Do we believe in gravity yet?

This is my initial post in this thread, which I have not read through yet. However, I am sure I will be quoting some fools that spout nonsense.

I'd give them a third right meow. I'd take Glennon over any QB in this draft class, just as I'd have taken him over any QB in the 2013 draft class.

Brad Johnson version 2.0  - pass.

Huh? They are both gingers that have the Bucs on their resume and that's about it.

As much as I'd like to keep Harvin we would probably be smart to cut him, keep our 4th & use it to trade for Glennon.

No way am I trading a 3rd for benched QB.

It' would be like Tampa saying, "oh no, a 4th is too little, we want your 3rd".

Our response, "you started McCown over him...why?"

Our 4th is a high 4th, (I think 5th overall?) that should be way more than enough to entice Tampa. Teams don't throw away draft picks anymore, well most teams don't, Rex liked to play around with late picks.

That would make sense if there weren't a market for Glennon and the Jets were competing against themselves. Someone will give up a third round pick for Glennon. QBs are too difficult to find and too important for the success of franchises for no team to go higher than a "high" 4th round pick for a 25 year old, laser armed, steely-eyed, ice-blooded man monster that has had success with the worst team in football.

Here's the stat that SHOULD convince the Glennon doubters of his potential. Over the last two years, Tampa is 5-13 when Glennon starts and 1-13 when he does not. No, 5-13 is not a good record, however, THEY ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL.

Huh? They are both gingers that have the Bucs on their resume and that's about it.

That would make sense if there weren't a market for Glennon and the Jets were competing against themselves. Someone will give up a third round pick for Glennon. QBs are too difficult to find and too important for the success of franchises for no team to go higher than a "high" 4th round pick for a 25 year old, laser armed, steely-eyed, ice-blooded man monster that has had success with the worst team in football.

Here's the stat that SHOULD convince the Glennon doubters of his potential. Over the last two years, Tampa is 5-13 when Glennon starts and 1-13 when he does not. No, 5-13 is not a good record, however, THEY ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL.

Yup...wanted Glennon in rd. 2 or 3 when he came out.  There will be a market for him and hopefully the Jets will be involved in the bidding.

Oh God no that guy stinks

He didn't stink under mark trestman and the bears.  He stunk under the crap tampa bay and their awful oline.  The trestman offense sounds a bit similar to what gailey wants to do.

8 games played for the bears, 5 started and he was 67%, 1800 yds, 13 tds, 1 int.

He may be too pricey for what he brings but he's in the realm of some of the other names brought up around here like Fitzpatrick.

Sorry I would rather stick with Geno for another year and just beef up the offensive line and get him more weapons.   There will be future opportunities to add a QB if Geno proves he is not the answer.   I am not going to panic and trade a number 2 for Glennon; that would be stupid.  That would be SOJ kind of move. 

Sorry but I'd rather not stick with what helped produce a 4-12 record. Im not saying cut him, but you sure as hell bring in some legit competition. There's always future opportunities to add a QB, this opportunity being one of them. Yet every time such an opportunity comes around us Jet fans talk about "the future" again. Na bro, we dont reward mediocrity, Rex Ryan is no longer the coach. Geno has been arguably the worst QB along with Manuel in the league since his rookie year. I dont think they should wait on anything. Geno hasn't done anything to deserve that. Bring in some talent and the best guy wins. Bringing in Glennon or another QB doesnt mean that we can't bring in more weapons at other positions. With that said, we can throw Geno in a competition and let him throw to those new weapons, behind a beefed up oline. But I'm no longer trying accepting the "I'd rather stick with" routine. Mike Glennon is there for the taking and we need to do it, and there's nothing that Geno has done as our QB that makes me feel like he's our starting QB. Im through with the sympathizing. I did it for years with Sanchez. Do your job or someone will do it for you. 

He didn't stink under mark trestman and the bears. He stunk under the crap tampa bay and their awful oline. The trestman offense sounds a bit similar to what gailey wants to do.

8 games played for the bears, 5 started and he was 67%, 1800 yds, 13 tds, 1 int.

He may be too pricey for what he brings but he's in the realm of some of the other names brought up around here like Fitzpatrick.

Mccown stinks. I called it 2 years ago. Apologize for him all you want.

Archived