Jetlife33

2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

We have just soo many bullpen spots... we literally have enough quality arms to fill two bullpens. 

We have just soo many bullpen spots... we literally have enough quality arms to fill two bullpens. 

I really like the Shreve kid we got in the Banuelos trade, question is will the Yanks carry 3 lefties in the pen? Im rooting for him or Bailey for the final spot in the pen. 

guess we can safely rule out David Robertson's number wont be retired. 

Eovaldi from Alvin, TX wearing number 30 just like Nolan Ryan from Alvin, TX wore number 30 in NY. 

Yankees might need El Duque to pitch this year.

They might need Moncada to pitch too, he can do everything can't he?? 

El Duque showed up to camp today, I would use him to try and lock down Moncada.  :winking0001:

• One GM that was in the hunt for Yoan Moncada but is no longer in the mix said he would bet on the Yankees winning the sweepstakes. “I think their need is great,” said the GM. “They can sell it as the replacement for Robinson Cano. I don’t think anyone wants to pay out that bonus, but he is a special talent and may be the best of the Cuban hitters who have come over.”

Via MLBTR

Bailey may actually close if he proves healthy and back to form, giving his experience in that role. Gives Girardi a lot of options/freedom with Miller and Betances. 

Bailey may actually close if he proves healthy and back to form, giving his experience in that role. Gives Girardi a lot of options/freedom with Miller and Betances. 

That just might be the best case scenario. Betances and Miller are more dangerous when they're not closing. I'm hoping Bailey or if not him Carpenter can lock down the 9th. 

• While Girardi said he has not seen any of Yoan Moncada’s private workouts, Girardi did say he’s heard good things about the young Cuban infielder. “They’re good reports,” he said. “They’re positive reports on a 19-year-old player.”

• Carlos Beltran had a healthy day off. Joe Giradri said Beltran’s been able to work hard the past few days, but this would be “his last Sunday off for a while.”

• Andrew Miller is the only pitcher listed for early work tomorrow. Based on what happened today — when the early guys all threw live batting practice — I’m guessing Miller will be facing hitters tomorrow morning.

I'm expecting big things out of Ellsbury and the Betances/Miller combo. I like the roster in general, a little younger than usual.

$230 Million just doesn't buy what it used to.  

A-rod and CC were worth it since they helped get Jeter that 5th ring

I'm expecting big things out of Ellsbury and the Betances/Miller combo. I like the roster in general, a little younger than usual.

I drafted Ellsbury like 3rd or 4th this year, he better beast

The bullpen is very exciting. I'm expecting solid years out of Ellsbury, Gardner and Headley on the offensive side of the ball. Fingers crossed on everyone else.

A-rod and CC were worth it since they helped get Jeter that 5th ring

Well worth it. I'm one of the few who loves AROD and defends him. I'll never forget what he did in '09.

• The YankeesRed Sox, and Padres are thought to be the front runners to land Moncada, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Heyman notes that this is based on speculation from two rival executives rather than a source in Moncada’s camp. While the Yankees “love” Moncada, a New York official claimed Boston was “all over” him.

I'm intrigued to see what McCann can do this year as a hitter

He'll be fine. Free agents are usually better in the 2nd year once they get settled in.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't know if ellsbury is even good as a 4th rdpick in fantasy unless it's a very deep league. Outfielders are a dime a dozen.