2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew Miller is five-for-five in save opportunities, but this one got a little dangerous with the bases loaded in the ninth. Miller walked the first two batters he faced, but it actually looked like he struck out each one. “I wasn’t missing by much,” Miller said. “I felt really good believe it not, despite the conditions. That’s probably the best the ball’s come out all year, and I think sometimes you just get a little too amped up. I didn’t feel I was missing my much.”

Miller is a beast. Best move of the offseason.

Bernie Williams will officially sign his retirement papers Friday afternoon and will throw out the first pitch on Friday vs the Mets, which is sweet because I'll be there. Bernie will get his plaque in monument park on May 24th vs the Rangers. I think his number is also getting retired if I remember correctly.

Andrew Miller is five-for-five in save opportunities, but this one got a little dangerous with the bases loaded in the ninth. Miller walked the first two batters he faced, but it actually looked like he struck out each one. “I wasn’t missing by much,” Miller said. “I felt really good believe it not, despite the conditions. That’s probably the best the ball’s come out all year, and I think sometimes you just get a little too amped up. I didn’t feel I was missing my much.”

Miller is a beast. Best move of the offseason.

Definitely, loved that signing.  Hell, I'll take one white-knuckled outing every five appearances if he performs like this. Robertson did that sh*t consistently; walk the bases loaded just to get a strikeout and gidp. That kid probably took years off my life the way he pitched as a closer. 

Ivan Nova (elbow) threw two innings of live batting practice yesterday. He threw 20 pitches, sat down for a few minutes, then threw 15 more pitches. Nova is scheduled to pitch in a simulated game on Friday, which will be his first game action of any sort since having Tommy John surgery last April. He’s on track to return in June.

Jose Pirela (concussion) went 1-for-3 with a hit-by-pitch in an Extended Spring Training game on Monday, which was his first game action since getting hurt. He played third base and stayed in the game after getting plunked. Pirela is scheduled to play seven innings at second base today.

With eight runs off David Price, the Yankees slugged their way to a winning record with a 13-4 win in Detroit. The Yankees lost six of their first nine games, but have now won five of their past six. Back-to-back wins have pushed their record above .500 for the first time this season. The Tigers entered this series with baseball’s best record, but the Yankees have a chance to win three of four if they can take the series finale on Thursday.

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Brett Gardner LF

Carlos Beltran DH

Brian McCann C

Chase Headley 3B

Chris Young RF

Garrett Jones 1B

Stephen Drew 2B

Didi Gregorius SS

RHP Masahiro Tanaka

Man, it's all health with him, but Tanaka is looking MUCH better after that first start.

And.... our 8th and 9th inning guys are SICK

Man, it's all health with him, but Tanaka is looking MUCH better after that first start.

And.... our 8th and 9th inning guys are SICK

Wasn't able to watch today's game, heard Tanaka looked good though. Nice 1 run win. Yanks take 3 of 4 vs DET. Time to meet the Mets.

Betances stayed on to pitch the eighth and, for the first time this year, he really looked like 2014 Dellin. Nasty breaking balls and upper-90s fastballs all inning. He completely overwhelmed Hernan Perez, Gose, and Kinsler, sandwiching two strikeouts around a weak tapper back to the mound. Vintage Dellin.

The ten-game road trip is over. The Yankees will fly back home this evening before opening a three-game weekend series with the Mets. Michael Pineda and reigning NL Rookie of the Year Jacob deGrom kick off the Subway Series on Friday night. Fun fact: Pineda is seven months younger than deGrom.

I don't understand this "Take Back New York" nonsense by the media.  Who gives a crap?  It doesn't matter if a team is the best in NY, what matters is if they can win.  It's cyclical.

This is like the mid-60s when everyone on the Yanks got old at same time and Mets were a young-up-and-coming team.  Then Mets faded and Yanks rose in mid 1970s.  Then they flipped in 1980s and again in 1990s.  It's about time it went the other way.

Today

RHP Michael Pineda (2-0, 5.00)

vs.

RHP Jacob deGrom (2-1, 0.93)

7:05 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

Saturday

LHP CC Sabathia (0-3, 4.35)

vs.

RHP Matt Harvey (3-0, 3.50)

4:05 p.m., WPIX and FOX Sports 1

Sunday

RHP Nathan Eovaldi (1-0, 3.12)