2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Another good game for Didi Gregorius who went 2-for-4 and made a really nice play in the field. In his past six games Gregorius is hitting .421. … Chase Headley has a seven-game hitting streak, which matches a season high.

• Alex Rodriguez walked three times and was hit by a pitch. It was the second straight game in which he reached base four times (he had four hits yesterday). Rodriguez hadn’t reached base four times in back-to-back games since 2010.

Warren has earned a rotation spot, despite the need for a RHP for the bullpen, it would be foolish to send him to the pen when he's pitching this well in the rotation. He's our 3rd best starter right now.  Obviously CC should be the odd man out once Nova comes back, but since they wont do that I could see the Yankees follow the Mets lead and use a 6 man rotation until (inevitably) someone gets hurt or pitches there way out of the rotation. I would address the bullpen from within. Diego Moreno, Danny Burawa, Jose Ramirez or Nick Rumbelow can be giving a shot. Later in the season I wouldn't be surprised to see Luis Severino moved to the bullpen to reduce his innings plus give the big club some help. (Similar to what Rays did with David Price, White Sox with Chris Sale)

David Robertson should still be on this team. Along with Andrew Miller.

He's not worth the money he is getting, he'd be the 3rd best reliever on the team, and he'd be in incumbant closer.

You let him go, brought in someone pitching better and cheaper, and got a draft pick for him

He's not worth the money he is getting, he'd be the 3rd best reliever on the team, and he'd be in incumbant closer.

You let him go, brought in someone pitching better and cheaper, and got a draft pick for him

Could not have said it any better myself. +1

MLB First Player Draft is on tonight at 6. Yankees 1st pick is 16th, which is their highestpick in a long long time.

I love drafts, but baseball draft is a ton of people I have never even heard of, so it's hard to have an opinion.  Plus, in the NFL those guys are up and playing that year, or cut.  In baseball, it could be years depending on the age of the player.

MLB First Player Draft is on tonight at 6. Yankees 1st pick is 16th, which is their highestpick in a long long time.

Yanks also have 30th overall as compensation for David Robertson signing with the White Sox, was one of the reasons Yankees signed Andrew Miller instead of Robertson. I'd like to get at least one college bat who can move quickly.

Yanks also have 30th overall as compensation for David Robertson signing with the White Sox, was one of the reasons Yankees signed Andrew Miller instead of Robertson. I'd like to get at least one college bat who can move quickly.

I think the Yankees first 5 picks last year were all pitchers, so a bat would be nice like you said. The Yanks have 3 of the top 57 picks, which is nice.

"The strength of this draft is right-handed pitching, both high school and college, and the Yankees could use some arms for their position player farm system. Of course, teams don’t draft for need. At least not the smart ones."

“We have worked on this a long time and are ready to take advantage of all our observations,” said amateur scouting director Damon Oppenheimer to Zach Braziller recently. “All the info we got is that we are going to go after the best available player. It doesn’t have to be a pitcher or a player, a high school player or a college player. It will be the best available guy.’’

I am still on the fence about Oppenheimer. Hal doesn't go through execs like George did but man he hires a lot of kiss asses. Cashman and Levine have kept their jobs through slick PR and backroom politics. Somehow Oppenheimer kept his job after years of sh*tty picks. George would have fired his ass years ago.

NFL draft is hard enough, MLB draft is incredibly hard to predict. In previous years I studied these players and had a wishlist of players, I've totally giving that up.

Hopefully we don't draft another Cito Culver, I could probably hit as well as that kid blindfolded.

NFL draft is hard enough, MLB draft is incredibly hard to predict. In previous years I studied these players and had a wishlist of players, I've totally giving that up.

Hopefully we don't draft another Cito Culver, I could probably hit as well as that kid blindfolded.

I don't know much about the players taken if anything, but even I knew Cito Culver was a terrible pick when it happened.

Archived