2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

Indeed, the Yankees might face a similar decision in a few weeks. Nova has been working his way back from Tommy John surgery and is scheduled for one last extended spring training start before beginning an official rehab assignment.

Assuming Nova’s ready by the end of the month, Warren might have to continue proving himself as a starter between now and then.

“I’m only worried about my next start,” Warren said.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“We expect him to pitch like he did his last couple of outings,” manager Joe Girardi said. “Obviously he’s not quite as built up as he was before he got hurt, but just to do what all of our other guys do: give us a chance to win, hold teams down and pitch like you’re capable of. We saw him pitching well before he got hurt. (Today)’s a new day, and we’ll see what happens."

3:40 pm start time wtf

West coast games man, they screw with everything.

Brett Gardner CF

Chase Headley 3B

Alex Rodriguez DH

Mark Teixeira 1B

Brian McCann C

Garrett Jones RF

Didi Gregorius SS

Stephen Drew 2B

Ramon Flores LF

RHP Masahiro Tanaka

Somewhat surprising to see Carpenter DFA. Suspect he won't clean waivers and someone will nab him, could def see a trade being worked out.

Meanwhile: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=544365#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

The Yankees have designated David Carpenter for assignment, the team announced. The move clears a spot on the 25-man roster for Masahiro Tanaka, who was activated off the 15-day DL and will start today’s series finale with the Mariners. The Yankees now have one open 40-man roster spot, but will need it when either Brendan Ryan or Ivan Nova eventually come off the 60-day DL.

It's so hard to watch this team when they can't do the most simple things. Terrible base running, 3 more errors tonight. It's like a joke.

See, to me, that's when you sit a guy.

Make a physical error, that happens, it's sports.  Don't know how to run the bases, hit a cut off man?  Have a seat for a game or two to help you learn.  Correct that stuff in May and June, so it's not an issue in August and September.

Make that 7 innings, only 3 hits allowed. HIRO is back!

I couldn't believe Girardi let him go 7 in his first start back.

Then I saw he threw 78 pitches to do it!!  With 9 K's, that is really amazing, totally efficient.

Archived