2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to give props to bird,stepped right in and  matching Texs run production, he is very impressive.him and severino, even didi,so nice to have young up-and-coming talent performing in big games

Didi after a horrible start may lead the team in BA.

Ellsbury is toast.  250 with 5 HR is not good.

Next year, could have Bird, Reff at 2nd, Severino all playing from day 1.  After next year, I believe Tex, CC, Arod and Beltran's contracts all come up.  Which frees up a lot of contract space and positions.  It also means we are losing 3 of our better hitters, so some young guys need to come up and produce.

Got to give props to bird,stepped right in and  matching Texs run production, he is very impressive.him and severino, even didi,so nice to have young up-and-coming talent performing in big games

The offense has missed TEX. 

But it's Ellsbury and Gardner going from hitting 290-300 down to 250-270 that has hurt.  Plus, neither one is running anymore.

The offense has missed TEX. 

But it's Ellsbury and Gardner going from hitting 290-300 down to 250-270 that has hurt.  Plus, neither one is running anymore.

love to have Tex in there switch hitter in the middle of the lineup is huge, plus he's a better glove , but as far as run production bird has matched he's numbers which is a credit to him. As far as what's going on top of order ,I agree never was crazy about having the two left handed hitters with the same skill set hitting together, I guess now is the perfect time to drop Ells in the lineup to break it up

Didi after a horrible start may lead the team in BA.

Ellsbury is toast.  250 with 5 HR is not good.

Next year, could have Bird, Reff at 2nd, Severino all playing from day 1.  After next year, I believe Tex, CC, Arod and Beltran's contracts all come up.  Which frees up a lot of contract space and positions.  It also means we are losing 3 of our better hitters, so some young guys need to come up and produce.

Ellsbury was just a bad contract you don't give a glorified Brett Hardner $140 million.  I loved people saying he'd copy his career year in Fenway when he hit 28hr's or whatever - he's done that once.

Beltran has bounced back this year but get ready for more .250 BA and single-digit home run seasons.

Tanaka looks just like last season. Night and day from earlier this season.

Effortless so far other than the mistakes to Duda.

And it's coming at the perfect time. We NEED him for this stretch run. I know it's Yankees-Mets and "bragging rights" but these games, every one of them, mean so much. We need to win. Let's hope the offense gets something going here. 

This Yankees team has been so terrible its amazing we have a 4- game lead in the wildcard. 

They aren't though.  They are going to win about 90 games, they just can't beat Toronto, and they keep playing them lately.  Which is fair, over the last few months, Toronto is on fire.

And it's coming at the perfect time. We NEED him for this stretch run. I know it's Yankees-Mets and "bragging rights" but these games, every one of them, mean so much. We need to win. Let's hope the offense gets something going here. 

Tanaka's hurt now, hammy.  Will miss 1-2 starts, including the Jays.

That game last night was unbelievable.

Just about everything that could go wrong for the Yanks did and to somehow pull that out ? Sick

I'll never understand the "Baseball is boring crowd". That game was electric.

Still can't believe Andrew Miller blew it. Thank goodness for Bird is the word. Big homer on a breaking ball down and away.. How did he hook that out? I wish Tanaka was pitching tonight but his start has been pushed back due to a grade 1 hammy strain. It's up to Nova 

Archived