Matt Moore makes too much sense now

DaBallhawk

He played for the Dolphins under Bowles & Kacy, he was their team MVP in 2011, he actually looked GREAT when given the opportunity. Unlike the rest of the QB's over there he was able to move the ball, stretch the field, put points on the board (90 QB rating). Brandon Marshall also was his #1 target there so that certainly helps now that we have him here. Out of all the QB's that are available I think he'd be the best choice, he's got the most upside, he won't even command top dollars, you can probably get him dirt cheap at this point and at the very least he can be a terrific backup if Geno shocks us all in camp & preseason with consistent, good QB play. Plus Moore easily has another 5+ prime years left in him. This guy in Chan's offense, the defense we have, a good running game and 2 Pro Bowl type receivers...could be one of those great moves a few years down the road.

i wouldn't be upset with Moore, but i'd like to see a younger guy with more of a future here.  we need to find someone who could be the guy for 8-10 more years, i don't think Moore is that guy.  Mallett, Hoyer (a little older), Glennon, etc could fill that. heck, maybe even Sanchez again!

Almost identical numbers to Geno overall. Hasn't seen any real action in 3 years. I'd prefer Mallett

Yeah, Mallet's 60 QB rating is really special. Couldn't even make it in NE, he looked terrible. Tebow even laughs at him.

Why would you judge a QB by his career numbers? It's obvious those numbers are pretty much meaningless. The guy never really got a fair shot, he always gets thrown into the fire, gets a couple of starts when the starter struggles, comes in during the 4th quarter when his team gets blown out, of course you can't produce good numbers in those situations. The one year where he worked as a true starter somewhat was in '11 and he looked terrific.

Yeah, Mallet's 60 QB rating is really special. Couldn't even make it in NE, he looked terrible. Tebow even laughs at him.

Why would you judge a QB by his career numbers? It's obvious those numbers are pretty much meaningless. The guy never really got a fair shot, he always gets thrown into the fire, gets a couple of starts when the starter struggles, comes in during the 4th quarter when his team gets blown out, of course you can't produce good numbers in those situations. The one year where he worked as a true starter somewhat was in '11 and he looked terrific.

Couldn't even make it in New England? As if beating out Tom Brady is some easy feat? Am I missing somethig?

Mallett didn't play a game in 2011.  he's played 7 games total in the regular season and has 2 TDs and 3 INTs.  

all that being said, I'd give him a shot here.

i wouldn't be upset with Moore, but i'd like to see a younger guy with more of a future here.  we need to find someone who could be the guy for 8-10 more years, i don't think Moore is that guy.  Mallett, Hoyer (a little older), Glennon, etc could fill that. heck, maybe even Sanchez again!

Well of course Moore isn't the guy for the next 10 years. The guy is a free agent, you get him for free. He's dirt cheap to sign. If you want a franchise QB for the next 10 years you have to either invest a high draft pick or go get a FA and pay top dollars. And Hoyer is garbage, he's had more/better opportunities than Moore. Same age and he'll ask for more money as well. He stunk up the join on a good Cleveland team last year.

Couldn't even make it in New England? As if beating out Tom Brady is some easy feat? Am I missing somethig?

"Couldn't even make it in NE" as in they saw absolutely nothing in him, as a backup or even as a #3 QB. Nobody is talking about him beating out Brady. The guy wasn't even good/talented enough to stick around as a backup so they drafted another one (Garoppolo).

Well of course Moore isn't the guy for the next 10 years. The guy is a free agent, you get him for free. He's dirt cheap to sign. If you want a franchise QB for the next 10 years you have to either invest a high draft pick or go get a FA and pay top dollars. And Hoyer is garbage, he's had more/better opportunities than Moore. Same age and he'll ask for more money as well. He stunk up the join on a good Cleveland team last year.

i mean if you consider a no talent RB core, a Josh Gordon-less WR core and an oft injured TE, not to mention the constant Money Manziel talk a good Cleveland team, then yeah he played on a good team.

Considering all the weapons he's had in Tampa and his subpar performances...you'd have to be crazy to give up a 3rd round pick for him. It's not like he's a free agent or can be had for a late pick.

All the weapons? You mean the five whole games out of the 18 he's started where he had both Jackson and Evans? Or you probably mean Tiquan Underwood.

29 TDs-15 INTs with no running game and a sh*t offensive line. Absolutely, he is worthy of a 3rd round pick, IMO. Believe it or not, the Jets would be the most talented offense he's played in BY FAR.

All the weapons? You mean the five whole games out of the 18 he's started where he had both Jackson and Evans? Or you probably mean Tiquan Underwood.

29 TDs-15 INTs with no running game and a sh*t offensive line. Absolutely, he is worthy of a 3rd round pick, IMO. Believe it or not, the Jets would be the most talented offense he's played in BY FAR.

i hate when people talk about Glennon and his "weapons".  Evans didn't start playing well until maybe the last quarter of the season, and VJax had a pretty down year.  not to mention their OL was terrible, they had no running game and their tight ends might have been worse then the Jets.

i hate when people talk about Glennon and his "weapons".  Evans didn't start playing well until maybe the last quarter of the season, and VJax had a pretty down year.  not to mention their OL was terrible, they had no running game and their tight ends might have been worse then the Jets.

It shows a complete ignorance to the subject. They've just decided they don't want Glennon without even investigating the matter. If you don't want him, that's fine, but don't give me a line of bs about how he had all these magical weapons when he only started 5 games last year, in one of which Evans was injured and didn't even play.

That's one way to look for excuses. And yet you throw Matt Moore under the bus, based on his career numbers without looking any further.

Sit at #6 wait for Mariota to come to us, if we like him keep him, if where not convinced, fleece Chip for has much has possible including Foles.

I wouldn't mind Foles but if Philly sees more than 6th round or 5th round value in him I'm not interested. We might as well bring Mark Snatch back in that case, they were both average in the same system.

That's one way to look for excuses. And yet you throw Matt Moore under the bus, based on his career numbers without looking any further.

i didn't throw Moore under the bus, i was refering to Mallett and his lack of quality playing time.  

You're the one making excuses. Saying he was able to put up solid numbers over 18 starts because he played four whole games with Mike Evans.

I would take him over Cutler any day.  Cutler is garbage.

Moore is a 30 year old career backup. If he were better than Cutler, he'd have gotten a starting job by now.

Cutler is a turnover machine and certainly has a ton of faults, but to say some random backup QB is superior to him is just blind hatred.

Moore is a 30 year old career backup. If he were better than Cutler, he'd have gotten a starting job by now.

Cutler is a turnover machine and certainly has a ton of faults, but to say some random backup QB is superior to him is just blind hatred.

He owes me 50 bucks.

There are no dots to connect. Just you and your gibberish nonsense.

Considering all the weapons he's had in Tampa and his subpar performances...you'd have to be crazy to give up a 3rd round pick for him. It's not like he's a free agent or can be had for a late pick.

You're the one making excuses. Saying he was able to put up solid numbers over 18 starts because he played four whole games with Mike Evans.

Who are you even talking about?

There ya go. Now, you're caught back up.

yeah, what a bum, could not even beat out Brady,

Archived