Report: Kaepernick on the trade block

jetscrazey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mariota has every physical and mental trait needed to be a star. Where I see someone like Kapeernick still struggling to read defenses in his fourth year Mariota will be performing at a higher level given the same amount of time.

Not wrting off Kaepernick yet either just think Mariota is the much better overall prospect and will be the better pro when all said and done.

Time will tell

Glennon threw 19 TDs in 13 games in 2014. Kaepernick threw 21 in 16 games.

Glennon threw 10 TDs in 6 games (5 starts) this year. Kaepernick threw 19 in 16 games. Kaep has THREE career 300 yard passing games. He is not a franchise QB. I don't know why some are treating him like one. If the team is put on his back, he is going to drop it.

The main problem I have with Kaepernick is that it seems like he has not gotten any better from the first year he started. He's stayed stagnant and often appeared to regress. He also was surrounded by an elite team.

Kaepernick biggest problem is he throws with no touch. He tries to rifle everything into his receivers even when they're running an underneath crossing route.

Theoretically it's correctable. Change of scenery alone might be able to fix it supposedly the 49er lockeroom was toxic last season.

I'd give a 3rd and a 4th. I think the niners really are shopping Kaepernick and are blowing it up and deciding to all out rebuild.

In all seriousness...If the Niners called and said..."right now, your 2 and he's yours" I say absolutely.

Would be really tough to turn down...

He has a HUGE contract.  Is he even worth it?

Young QB's that can win games for you are tough to come by.  It depends on if you think he's the QB from the the playoff runs or the one from last year.  I can give him a pass on last year as that team was a mess ...I would go for it.

Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Colin Kaepernick. One of these things is not like the other.

If you said that before this season started you wouldn't have blinked an eye at that list.  This season was dysfunctional for that entire organization - a lot to consider there.

If you said that before this season started you wouldn't have blinked an eye at that list.  This season was dysfunctional for that entire organization - a lot to consider there.

I would have blinked my eyes furiously. His 2014 wasn't all that different from his 2013, aside from the team's record.

kaep has a huge arm and is the most athletic qb in the league. he was also valedictorian of his h.s. class. guy is incredibility athletically gifted and a smart kid. other than a rumor about an altercation in miami a couple years ago involving a woman in a hotel (no charges filed, smells like a shakedown attempt), what leads you to believe kaepernick is not a high character player?

Paint, yo.

Archived