No Ma'am Bar Mafia Game - Town and SK WIN

Gone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew you'd get what I was doing!!! Sorry I ever doubted you day and N1! tracked AVM N1 bc I'm dumb. Actually I picked 80 then changed my mind lol bc I wanted to make sure AVM wasn't scum. Tracked Leelou N2....

Don't man! Had things gone different N2 that would have huge

Yeah I didn't get what you were doing at all xD

just read DT.. Yep.I totally knew AVM was cop, was just reaction fishing and trying to keep scum from NKing me so i could still track one last night. I had a good feeling AVM would know what I was doing. Obv scum did too lol but that was the intent. Maybe they'd think I was their symp was hoping for a long shot too..

And Leelou, i only tracked you based on the D1 Lily train. Figured she was town and scum had an easy excuse to lynch her w time running out. Leelou was the only one to hop in that late train. Good job by scum holding off and going no lynch...but in retrospect, it's prob bc they were more paranoid than due to strategy.

Thanks Nyn, great game!!!

GG btw Smash, didn't realize you were scum tbh.

Thought you were just picking fight with me to confuse mafia.

Nolder I was the SK not scum my intension was to win with town I was using you at the end, figured If I could get you worked up it would be beneficial.

AVM you played a great game and I wanted to win with you from the time you claimed. If you targeted me for an investigation I was going to claim SK and go with the town just had to hope you guys would trust me I know Hess certainly would have LOL. I was really trying to hit scum but you kept making the right calls with your investigations great game brotha :)

Also weird that SK won with town but I'm ok with that.

SK is a damn hard role to win as even when they get extra powers and sh*t.

Trust me Nol I begged for a vest after my PM Nyn was having nothing to do with it LOL .Shes a tough cookie

Congratulations to the winners.

SK is a damn hard role to win as even when they get extra powers and sh*t.

Basically this.  It's not as difficult in smaller games, and with the kind of game that the mafia turned in, he probably would have had a very realistic chance (especially with the doc dying this past night to ensure he can kill the cop tonight).

In bigger games, it's damn near impossible, and I'm not going to write a role where the person who receives it has a single digit chance to win at rand.  So I typically give SK's a survivor WC, or make it based on kills (achieve X number of successful NK's while alive).  

Can't wait for Tom Brady's fifth ring this year.

Nolder I was the SK not scum my intension was to win with town I was using you at the end, figured If I could get you worked up it would be beneficial.

FTR I thought you were playing a game. I had no intention of getting worked up and doubt you could have gotten me to do it the next day. Basically I thought you were town and was playing along.

Basically this.  It's not as difficult in smaller games, and with the kind of game that the mafia turned in, he probably would have had a very realistic chance (especially with the doc dying this past night to ensure he can kill the cop tonight).

In bigger games, it's damn near impossible, and I'm not going to write a role where the person who receives it has a single digit chance to win at rand.  So I typically give SK's a survivor WC, or make it based on kills (achieve X number of successful NK's while alive).  

Can't wait for Tom Brady's fifth ring this year.

Hey Clov

Yeah I usually like giving SK's a BPV or can;t be tracked or something at least.

Just something to give them an edge to even the odds a bit,

I personally agree with Clov about his SK take on things. Severe wincon+vest seems just as fair as a lenient wincon+no perks. In essence the SK was a Survivor with NKs. And I do kinda like the idea of that. Survivors typically seem very passive to me. So a Survivor with a NK gives the game an interesting twist because it depends what he's gonna choose to do. Roll with town or roll with scum. And since he's packing firepowr, what he chooses to do has a big impact on the game's dynamics. If he had a different Wincon it would have been a totally different ball game. He would have done things for his own benefit..... wheres in this game I think Smash was siding with town from the get go. But at the same time he also helped scum with a hefty town body count lol  I like that controversial role.

I get why in in this game specifically and the way things turned out... ie all the scum dying so early on... that the SK did have a better chance at winning with a harsh win condition (like Clov pointed out). But I think also one of Smash's concerns was having no BPV... and he proved that he didn't really need it either. So all in all I'm happy with how things turned out. I'm also amused that there was no scum/SK violence. Both just kept killing townies.

I think scum had a fair shot of winning this game. I was even somewhat concerned that scum was overpowered, factoring in their NKs, 2 poisoning and the SK shooting townies too. The pivotal point of the game, as far as I'm concerned is the cop not getting blocked on N1. And the added disaster of no NK submissions by the scum team on N2. SK even did them the favor of getting rid of the doc... shame. They had everything they needed to win, IMO.

Also I'm so sad Verbal didn't follow through on shooting Lee. She said that had she died on N1, she would have totally vigged him. I REALLY wanted to see her role go into play and her taking someone down with her. It's the first time I have that role in a game.... and the first time I hear of it too (via Clov).

Don't forget that this is like 99% Clov's setup and I just tweaked it a tiny bit. Like made sure there was a cop in the game (lol) and that there were no bastard-y roles. 

So kudos goes to him for making a really fun setup ^_^

It's about the challenge, at the end of the day, I don't really care about winning or losing, but the challenge would've been fun for smash and as you said, this game broke very favorable for him.

FTR I thought you were playing a game. I had no intention of getting worked up and doubt you could have gotten me to do it the next day. Basically I thought you were town and was playing along.

hehe even if I threw a few idiots and morons your way ? :P That always sets you off

FWIW I didn't have to do much this game and yes the challenge would have been fun at the end . We have some very good players here and when you add the element of luck to one side or the other it can make it damn near impossible to overcome . Im not sure we have ever seen a cop guess that good on scum. I killed PAC because it looked like he was primed to go hard after AVM after my "Fishy" comment because he was not happy with AVM's claim to begin with. I killed JIF because well JIF always thinks Im scum LOL . And JC was a wild guess because he was playing so low profile

I can never read JC personally. I mean here on JN he usually always plays low profile. Had to do with his available time too. But a lot of times you have to sort of drag reasons out of him, otherwise he just drops votes with little to no reason (that I can see), which he can easily do as either alignment. I think I often associate his general play style to scummy and since he's mostly been rolling town lately... I've been wrong a lot. The one game I gave him a gut town read he was scum... so lolme.

AwesomeVM strikes again!  I'm not even mad. 

LOL.  I've been waiting to hear from one of you guys and get your perspective, especially on what you NA's would have been N2.  Unless you guys snagged JC that night I don't think it makes a difference, but I was just curious to hear.

You didn't play this one bad by any means -- I went through again to find a post or two that signaled it but it was just your overall tone.  Kind of hard to explain.  I was still crazy nervous about submitting you and I wasn't even confident in my results when I got not town on you but at that point I had to go with it.

LOL.  I've been waiting to hear from one of you guys and get your perspective, especially on what you NA's would have been N2.  Unless you guys snagged JC that night I don't think it makes a difference, but I was just curious to hear.

You didn't play this one bad by any means -- I went through again to find a post or two that signaled it but it was just your overall tone.  Kind of hard to explain.  I was still crazy nervous about submitting you and I wasn't even confident in my results when I got not town on you but at that point I had to go with it.

The scum team didn't show up in this one.  I mean that literally.  Verbal was at a birthday party, I was at a wedding, and Crusher was slathering himself with Maker's Mark and bacon.

If I was laying money on this game i would hunt you down in RL for not role blocking the claimed cop on N1

In what seemed to be a roled up game based on the advantageous roles we got, we were sure there'd be a watcher, and that he'd choose to watch AVM.  We weren't far off.  Hess was a tracker. 

Meanwhile, AVM going 3 for 3 on investigations in a 15-player game wasn't something we anticipated.

and to think if those two boobs Jif and Pachole had their way, he'd have been the day 1 lynch.. scum Co-MVP's

Add in Hess (who again, was doing it as a self preservation technique so not the same) and you had 3 of the more influential (at times) players -- all town -- looking to lynch me day 1.  Crush -- scum -- was the closest to a defense of me there was with Nolder sort of begrudgingly believing me after the emo.

My point is we're focused on the roleblock but it's possible they could have gotten me lynched.  I'd gone after Leelou and was dancing around Lily so while it may have been tough it was doable...and JiF & Pac would have nothing but VT to claim to protect them.  At least one scum gets caught up (ideally you'd like 80 there) so there is a risk but taking me out D1 with some of the momentum against me could have been just as good as the roleblock/D2 lynch.

The scum team didn't show up in this one.  I mean that literally.  Verbal was at a birthday party, I was at a wedding, and Crusher was slathering himself with Maker's Mark and bacon.

If I was laying money on this game i would hunt you down in RL for not role blocking the claimed cop on N1

In what seemed to be a roled up game based on the advantageous roles we got, we were sure there'd be a watcher, and that he'd choose to watch AVM.  We weren't far off.  Hess was a tracker. 

Meanwhile, AVM going 3 for 3 on investigations in a 15-player game wasn't something we anticipated.

I think not roleblocking me, in theory, wasn't as bad an idea as it's being made out to be.  Let's say I investigate...Verb.  Crush roleblocks me.  Hess watches that and I report there is nothing to report.  Crush goes down, Verb likely still gets heat and scum are forced to kill Hess instead of doc hunt.

And yeah, not to toot my own horn but 3 for 3 in f'n insane.  Like a reverse Dan Soze :rl:

Also I'm so sad Verbal didn't follow through on shooting Lee. She said that had she died on N1, she would have totally vigged him. I REALLY wanted to see her role go into play and her taking someone down with her. It's the first time I have that role in a game.... and the first time I hear of it too (via Clov).

Don't forget that this is like 99% Clov's setup and I just tweaked it a tiny bit. Like made sure there was a cop in the game (lol) and that there were no bastard-y roles. 

So kudos goes to him for making a really fun setup ^_^

I would have probably used my 2nd poisoning on her, but I would have waited another day or two.  She wasn't on to me, and I had no way of knowing AVM was going to just put the town on his back and carry them, lol.

AwesomeVM strikes again!  I'm not even mad. 

^ This.  Awesome game, dude. 

^ This, too.

I would have probably used my 2nd poisoning on her, but I would have waited another day or two.  She wasn't on to me, and I had no way of knowing AVM was going to just put the town on his back and carry them, lol.

^ This.  Awesome game, dude. 

^ This, too.

Meh, I wanted to use my kill on you from some of your early posts. 

This is something that can't be ignored.

Yes there was more mafia could have done, roleblock AVM or try to discredit him on thread maybe, but they didn't and AVM wrecked their sh*t.

Add in Hess (who again, was doing it as a self preservation technique so not the same) and you had 3 of the more influential (at times) players -- all town -- looking to lynch me day 1.  Crush -- scum -- was the closest to a defense of me there was with Nolder sort of begrudgingly believing me after the emo.

My point is we're focused on the roleblock but it's possible they could have gotten me lynched.  I'd gone after Leelou and was dancing around Lily so while it may have been tough it was doable...and JiF & Pac would have nothing but VT to claim to protect them.  At least one scum gets caught up (ideally you'd like 80 there) so there is a risk but taking me out D1 with some of the momentum against me could have been just as good as the roleblock/D2 lynch.

I did want to lynch you pretty bad but my thought process was ok let's get one investigation out of him first just in case.

When you came back with a guilty I was sure you were just lying scum but there was no harm in testing it.

Archived