No Ma'am Bar Mafia Game - Town and SK WIN

Gone

I did want to lynch you pretty bad but my thought process was ok let's get one investigation out of him first just in case.

When you came back with a guilty I was sure you were just lying scum but there was no harm in testing it.

You played it like town would play it. I had you, Hess, and LIzzie as 100% town -- really helps during the reread process lol. If I had been off on one of you three, who knows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is now the 2nd straight time I've been on a scum team where we all got caught on consecutive days.  Basically 0 for 7 if it hadn't been for Pac's mysterious show of mercy that allowed us to live one extra day longer.

I either need to quit playing this game or never be scum again.

As an aside, can we establish a rule that night phases can't end on a weekend?  I'm not whining because we lost, because we deserved it and should have also let Nyn know we wouldn't be around.  It was her rules and we didn't follow them, not much to complain about there.  It just was difficult because we needed all our scum players to be around (Verbal had to be the one to submit the poison) to submit our NA's in this game, and typically the scum team needs to be able to discuss before submitting.  It had also been my experience in the years I've been playing Mafia that we granted clemency on weekends here.  Going forward I think it should be the "official" policy.  Just my two cents. 

I've ended nights on the weekend in my last game. It wasn't a problem then cause Verbal wasn't playing. As it were.... the only reason the timing worked out that way was because Crusher got speedlynched due to a guilty peek. If it wasn't the case day would have extended over most of the weekend and then night would have worked better timing wise. But that's something that just happened...... ie Night starting on a Friday.

I don't like 3 RL days of a night phase.The game just comes to a screeching halt. But I guess it's a personal choice and debatable. I like my games to run smoothly and be active. I don't like drops in thread activity. I like a fast paced game, hence the short phases. But I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea. *shrugs*

AVM was doing such a great work at proving his own claim that Hess didn't really have to claim his tracking on N1 where he saw AVM targeting Crusher. His second tracking didn't yield anything because Lee could still be scum, just not the one who submitted. 

All in all claiming would have just gotten him shot.... which I guess wasn't an awful idea once his tracking was used up. He was effectively a VT from that point onward and was better off drawing fire to protect the doc. So... divided opinion there.

I don't think it hurt town that he didn't claim... nor that it would have helped a lot if he did. I think I prolly would have claimed once my tracking was used up and leave out the part that it's a limited PR.... that way scum would take me out next. Or at least step lightly at night, worrying I might target them.

AVM was doing such a great work at proving his own claim that Hess didn't really have to claim his tracking on N1 where he saw AVM targeting Crusher. His second tracking didn't yield anything because Lee could still be scum, just not the one who submitted.

All in all claiming would have just gotten him shot.... which I guess wasn't an awful idea once his tracking was used up. He was effectively a VT from that point onward and was better off drawing fire to protect the doc. So... divided opinion there.

Well said.

It didn't end up being a big deal in the grand scheme of things but imo the better play was to claim and get shot.

For all Hess knows he might have helped AVM steer his investigation in the right direction you know?

I don't think it hurt town that he didn't claim... nor that it would have helped a lot if he did. I think I prolly would have claimed once my tracking was used up and leave out the part that it's a limited PR.... that way scum would take me out next. Or at least step lightly at night, worrying I might target them.

Days flew by. Didn't want to give the result on Leelou at night. Mostly wanted to see what was left. Hedged bets living another night but mostly bc the inv didn't net much since she didnt go anywhere. With idiots like Nol as townsfolk sometimes results can hinder as much as help And AVM was on fire.

And a far as AVM N1, there was no need.

You bring up a good perspective revealing to become the target and draw away from cop and doc BUT that also would have shortened the doc pool for scum and sk.

BUT.... I do think knowing there's a tracker out there might have made them twitchy enough to shoot as a sure thing. After all the doc was for sure sitting on the cop so you wouldn't ideally be protected.

I think both ways are valid, though.

Why would the existance of a Tracker mean there's no Watcher? Do those two roles usually not appear together in games?

Well yeah they can but usually not IF there is a cop as well.

It's extremely rare outside huge games or role madness games that you'll see a cop, tracker, AND watcher all in one game.

If I knew there was a tracker, I would have assumed there was no watcher.  In other words, we would have RBed AVM and rolled the dice on there being no watcher to ID us.

Why would the existance of a Tracker mean there's no Watcher? Do those two roles usually not appear together in games?

Well yeah they can but usually not IF there is a cop as well.

It's extremely rare outside huge games or role madness games that you'll see a cop, tracker, AND watcher all in one game.

In my experience, several times a tracker for town has meant there's a watcher for scum, or vice versa.  Since we didn't have a watcher/tracker I think that's where Verbal was coming from there.

The two tracks netted nothing very useful for the town. 

When I got "Leelou stayed home" AVM had just found his second scum in a row. They (scum) were ****ed and down to one or two left....

D3 flew by....Why would I, on N3, tell town info that was minimally useful at the time...meanwhile helping scum narrow the Doc pool by essentially two (me and Leelou)...also....I was trying to pick someone I thought AVM wouldn't investigate. 

The two tracks netted nothing very useful for the town. 

When I got "Leelou stayed home" AVM had just found his second scum in a row. They (scum) were ****ed and down to one or two left....

D3 flew by....Why would I, on N3, tell town info that was minimally useful at the time...meanwhile helping scum narrow the Doc pool by essentially two (me and Leelou)...also....I was trying to pick someone I thought AVM wouldn't investigate. 

you played it right

Don't listen to Nolder.  Lately he's been finding a lot of things to whine about.  He needs to buck up a bit or we'll have to return to our Wednesday policy.

jfc can't even give post game commentary anymore without it being called whining.

Me and Hess are both on the same team and we both won.

I'm not complaining (not really) just talking about the decisions made in the game.

I talked about my own with AVM before even talking about Hess.

I also agreed after talking about it that he probably made the right decision as I hadn't thought it through.

Guess that's just not good enough for some people.

Might as well just stop making comments when games end altogether since there's always someone who bitches at me for it.

I miss SMC. I'm inviting him to play in this next game.

Archived