This is good news right? (Romo and Rodgers only QBs to beat Fitzpatrick in YPP and TD %)

BornJetsFan1983

Wins are the most important stat.

Brett Favre and his .563 win percentage were awful for the Jets.  Mark Sanchez is unfairly maligned with his .532 win percentage.

how many playoff games did Brett win while he was here? w/ basically same team Mark won 4 w/ and Mark didn't have the advantage of NE not having Brady.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm.... He was far from awful if you watched the Jets that season. He was great until his body broke down from the beatings he took. Then yes, while playing on one ankle and a separate bicept yeah...

he had a great game, he had a few good other games.  he was pretty mediocre that season until he sucked down the stretch.

awful may not be fair but he certainly wasn't good.

I think Favre's season here is way overrated by most of the board, but he certainly was not awful.  Then again, what do I know.  I am pretty sure that I am a clueless Rex apologist.

awful may be a stretch but he wasn't good and he sabotaged our season.

he had a great game, he had a few good other games.  he was pretty mediocre that season until he sucked down the stretch.

awful may not be fair but he certainly wasn't good.

Funny, you should look at your boy Sanchez and his below mediocre career with the same level of scrutiny.  

I love the injury excuse for the Iron Man.  the man played his entire career through pain, the injury is not why we lost.  we lost b/c he sucked and didn't care about playing here.  he was making the same mistakes in dec he made in Sept.  he had one nice 3-4 game stretch in Nov.

awesome comp % and rating but we couldn't get to playoffs w/ weaker sched and no Brady.

Excuses?  Aren't you the guy that felt getting shutout was acceptable because "windy weather"  and feels that 74 yards passing is the fault of the D giving up "a ton of 3rd and longs" ? Time of possession is always the fault of the D and not the O that mustered 6 first downs in 12 drives.  I mean it had to be on the D, they gave up 10 points! 

Excuses?  Aren't you the guy that felt getting shutout was acceptable because "windy weather"  and feels that 74 yards passing is the fault of the D giving up "a ton of 3rd and longs" ? Time of possession is always the fault of the D and not the O that mustered 6 first downs in 12 drives.  I mean it had to be on the D, they gave up 10 points! 

cold, windy day that benefitted both Ds.  that's not an excuse, it's a fact.

I didn't absolve mark of poor play vs. Baltimore but the D was bad that night allowing Bal to control the clock.

the D gave up an astounding # of 3rd and longs, that's the O's fault?

Sanchez isn't a future HOFer so I wouldn't hold him to the same standard. 

No, he's a scrub QB who you hold to a different set of standards than a HOF QB.  A QB you credit with every win the Jets had with him under center and who you hold no blame to when they lost.  

You actually compared the two by blurting out how many playoff games did Favre win?  LOL, ok, that will be eachs legacy

No, he's a scrub QB who you hold to a different set of standards than a HOF QB.  A QB you credit with every win the Jets had with him under center and who you hold no blame to when they lost.  

You actually compared the two by blurting out how many playoff games did Favre win?  LOL, ok, that will be eachs legacy

I don't credit him w/ every win but I appreciate that he helped us reach 2 title game and really get us closer to a SB than any QB since Namath and I don't celebrate a QB that came here b/c he had to and was helping GB opponents prepare for Gb rather than working to help the Jets win.

Sanchez was a better QB on the Jets than Favre, Favre is obviously the better overall QB.  all I care about is the Jets.

cold, windy day that benefitted both Ds.  that's not an excuse, it's a fact.

I didn't absolve mark of poor play vs. Baltimore but the D was bad that night allowing Bal to control the clock.

the D gave up an astounding # of 3rd and longs, that's the O's fault?

An astonishing # of 3rd and longs is important, but points are not?   The D was not bad that day, they were ******* insane, top of the league. They gave up 10 ******* points. They recovered two fumbles and got an INT.  Gave the O the ball at the Baltimore 11 and with some good returns, three more times inside the Baltimore 40.  The ******* guy put up 9 points.  Once was on Greene's fumble, but still... If they just ran the clock and kicked FGs they would have done better.  Yes it is the O's fault.  The offense was an abomination that game.  The longest "scoring drive" was 27 yards.  That is a great number, but I'd like a few more yards.  Sanchez ******* sucked that day. 

An astonishing # of 3rd and longs is important, but points are not?   The D was not bad that day, they were ******* insane, top of the league. They gave up 10 ******* points. They recovered two fumbles and got an INT.  Gave the O the ball at the Baltimore 11 and with some good returns, three more times inside the Baltimore 40.  The ******* guy put up 9 points.  Once was on Greene's fumble, but still... If they just ran the clock and kicked FGs they would have done better.  Yes it is the O's fault.  The offense was an abomination that game.  The longest "scoring drive" was 27 yards.  That is a great number, but I'd like a few more yards.  Sanchez ******* sucked that day. 

Sanchez and the O sucked that day, rex always played scared vs. Baltimore but the D was just as bad.

3rd and 9

3rd and 13

3rd and 28

3rd and 9

3rd and 9

3rd and 10

3rd and 5

3rd and 7

3rd and 10

3rd and 10

ridiculous.

Sanchez and the O sucked that day, rex always played scared vs. Baltimore but the D was just as bad.

3rd and 9

3rd and 13

3rd and 28

3rd and 9

3rd and 9

3rd and 10

3rd and 5

3rd and 7

3rd and 10

3rd and 10

ridiculous.

Guess you have a point about derailing threads, but for educational purposes... how many third downs did Mark convert that day?

Guess you have a point about derailing threads, but for educational purposes... how many third downs did Mark convert that day?

I said Mark and the O did not play well. you are the one who doesn't understand how poorly the D played.

nah, did you see how dominating they were? they held an opponent to only 10 points! what a great job by an all time great D.

They also got 3 turnovers and handed the O the ball inside the Ravens 40 four times.  Once on the 11.  Saying they played "poorly" that day makes as much sense as saying Favre was awful.  It makes as much sense as saying Favre had an awful career.  Oh, BTW, Ed Reed was out while they put up 74 yards passing, 27 of which came on the following -  with 1:37 left a dump to Tomlinson for 9 yards from the NYJ 13.  (Take what they give ya!)  With 1:03 left, 9 yards on 3rd and 6 to Edwards on the NYJ 31 (Huzzah!)  On 4th and 10 with 41 seconds left 9 yards to Dustin Keller.  (Heady play!)  Going into that last drive he had 47 ******* yards passing. TOP is all on the D!

They also got 3 turnovers and handed the O the ball inside the Ravens 40 four times.  Once on the 11.  Saying they played "poorly" that day makes as much sense as saying Favre was awful.  It makes as much sense as saying Favre had an awful career.  Oh, BTW, Ed Reed was out while they put up 74 yards passing, 27 of which came on the following -  with 1:37 left a dump to Tomlinson for 9 yards from the NYJ 13.  (Take what they give ya!)  With 1:03 left, 9 yards on 3rd and 6 to Edwards on the NYJ 31 (Huzzah!)  On 4th and 10 with 41 seconds left 9 yards to Dustin Keller.  (Heady play!)  Going into that last drive he had 47 ******* yards passing. TOP is all on the D!

they also allowed Baltimore to hold the ball for 40 mins.

they set up the first FG w/ the strip sack of Flacco.  great job.  3-0 Jets

the next drive was 10 mins long for Baltimore but clearly this was the O's fault. they got lucky Bal fumbled deep in our territory

Leonhard had nice return set up 2nd FG.

Bal driving again, Flacco is picked, Cro has nice return.  Greene then fumbles- that's Mark's fault?

bal gets ball back and goes 76 yds for TD w/ 3 3rd down conversions and a 4th down conversion to end the half.

the O wasn't good but stop pretending the D was.  TOs are great but they still allowed Bal to hold the ball for 40 mins

who said Favre had an awful career? why are you making things up?

they also allowed Baltimore to hold the ball for 40 mins.

they set up the first FG w/ the strip sack of Flacco.  great job.  3-0 Jets

the next drive was 10 mins long for Baltimore but clearly this was the O's fault. they got lucky Bal fumbled deep in our territory

Leonhard had nice return set up 2nd FG.

Bal driving again, Flacco is picked, Cro has nice return.  Greene then fumbles- that's Mark's fault?

bal gets ball back and goes 76 yds for TD w/ 3 3rd down conversions and a 4th down conversion to end the half.

the O wasn't good but stop pretending the D was.  TOs are great but they still allowed Bal to hold the ball for 40 mins

who said Favre had an awful career? why are you making things up?

So, you admit that Brett Favre did not have an awful career?

I don't credit him w/ every win but I appreciate that he helped us reach 2 title game and really get us closer to a SB than any QB since Namath and I don't celebrate a QB that came here b/c he had to and was helping GB opponents prepare for Gb rather than working to help the Jets win.

Sanchez was a better QB on the Jets than Favre, Favre is obviously the better overall QB.  all I care about is the Jets.

Sanchez was not a good QB here.  Period.  

yes he was, period.  he had ONE bad season and in that season his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill led By Tony Sparano.

why do you keep bringing up one seasons WRs?  Did Sanchez play one season here?  Did he suck only with that group?  Explain why he sucked with Braylon, Holmes, Kotchery, the leagues number 1 running game, a great OL and the top D.  

why do you keep bringing up one seasons WRs?  Did Sanchez play one season here?  Did he suck only with that group?  Explain why he sucked with Braylon, Holmes, Kotchery, the leagues number 1 running game, a great OL and the top D.  

he only had one bad season here, that was the season w/ those "weapons".

if you think he sucked w/ Braylon, Holmes, "Kotchery"(whoever that is?) you don't have a clue what you are watching.

they had the #1 ranked D and run game, not the league's best.  you like to analyze on stat sheets.  I like tow watch.  that run game had inflated #s based on 2 games w/ Buf, a game w/ oak and some garbage time runs. 

yes he was, period.  he had ONE bad season and in that season his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill led By Tony Sparano.

I thought you said you watch these guys and don't just comment, you must be blind (assuming you are talking about the 2012 season) if you think Chaz, Clyde Gates and Hill were the main weapons Sanchez had. Where is mention of Kerley, Keller, and Cumberland who were top 3 in receiving yards and receptions. Sanchez was never good, he turned the ball over to often, the years he made it to the championship games were a product of a great defense and a good run game (I sill miss LT). You had mentioned earlier how many come from behind wins Sanchez had (there were a lot of them)...how do you think the Jets got in a position where we had to come back from behind and win the game? Crappy offensive play, your hero is no stud.

he only had one bad season here, that was the season w/ those "weapons".

if you think he sucked w/ Braylon, Holmes, "Kotchery"(whoever that is?) you don't have a clue what you are watching.

they had the #1 ranked D and run game, not the league's best.  you like to analyze on stat sheets.  I like tow watch.  that run game had inflated #s based on 2 games w/ Buf, a game w/ oak and some garbage time runs. 

lol, Sanchez only had one bad season.  I have no clue.  

Youve really set the bar low

Houston would rather have Brian Hoyer than Fitzpatrick. Let that sink in. You can put a top on a pile of your own sh*t, but it's still just a pile of sh*t.

I'm gonna put a lot of stock in that as soon as the Texans prove to be quality QB evaluators. 

Archived