We Should Make 1 or Two Trades

JohnnyLV

which what every team is thinking right now.  And why so few trades happen at this time, in a sport where very few trades happen anytime.  Why do people think we can magically trade players we don't want for valuable picks to help us get a starter? 

I mainly agree with you, though maybe we can trade players we don't want for some other team's player that they don't want.  It's a win-win!

If there is one player who I would hope to see get traded I'd have to say Geno Smith; It also might just be the perfect time to do it, get the most value from him coming off a "great camp" and making all the right strides and seemingly about to put it all together. who knows maybe someone will be stupid enough to fall for that nonsense. I know I'm not. I already KNOW exactly the kind of QB Geno Smith is and it is my deepest hope that this Jets fan never has to watch one more snap with that bum behind the future hall of fame rump of the man who snaps the ball for the Jets

Trade Geno, Richardson, and Milliner or Cromartie (not both).  I know we just got Cro back, but maybe someone would take him - I'm not convinced he'll be that good this year and could see someone else taking over for him.

In regards to Geno though, who would take him?  When you are ranked the worst or one of the worst QBs in the league, who's that desperate?  Or maybe someone thinks they could salvage him?  Perhaps San Fran would be a good spot behind Kaepernic.

LOL the NFL isn't Madden 

Kerley - would be open to trade since the new coaching staff apparently hates him for whatever reason.  Might as well get something for him

Walls - is going to end up playing a lot of safety for us this year.

Stacy - doubt we get anything more than a 7th if that.

Kerley - would be open to trade since the new coaching staff apparently hates him for whatever reason.  Might as well get something for him

Walls - is going to end up playing a lot of safety for us this year.

Stacy - doubt we get anything more than a 7th if that.

Granted, we really only saw him against backups this summer, but I was really impressed with Stacy. Much more than I expected to be. Guy runs hard, always keeps his legs moving, and fights for every inch. And he can catch! You're probably right that he wouldn't be worth much in a trade, but that's mostly because of the devaluation of the RB position in general. I think he's worth a lot to the Jets, though. Valuable backup, and part of a dangerous 1-2 punch with Ivory if the team ever finds itself with a lead in the fourth quarter. 

Granted, we really only saw him against backups this summer, but I was really impressed with Stacy. Much more than I expected to be. Guy runs hard, always keeps his legs moving, and fights for every inch. And he can catch! You're probably right that he wouldn't be worth much in a trade, but that's mostly because of the devaluation of the RB position in general. I think he's worth a lot to the Jets, though. Valuable backup, and part of a dangerous 1-2 punch with Ivory if the team ever finds itself with a lead in the fourth quarter. 

If Stacy is so good we should just keep him.  Ivory has had injury problems in the past, Powell is mediocre and Ridley sucks and is already on PUP.

Archived